Recruiting NSD 2022

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
According to CBS, we have the 16th ranked 2022 recruiting class without including transfers. Top half of the league. I have to count that as a successful 6 weeks for the Napier team.
Something tells me this class will pan out better that a top 10 Mullen class. So many never made it to the field or transferred out.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Does anyone else think maybe this halfassed online TV network, CBS Sports HQ, faked the technical difficulties during Richie Rich's announcement, so they could squeeze another commercial break in while they kept us waiting 20 minutes for the 6:30 P.M. announcement?
Wait? Was that predicted by either QAnon or Nostradamus?

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
The 2023 class will be decided before we play a down. Our record in the fall is going to have little to do with the recruiting class.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Is it just me or was he considered a 4* right up until age picked the good guys? Now I hear 3* after the fact?

I saw 3 and 4* labels over the last few weeks, so it probably depends on the recruiting service.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
The UT fans must feel hopeless. Despite having an established staff and an "up-and-coming" label, they still somehow finish behind our Gators in the recruiting rankings. I'm sure they were laughing when UF was ranked 80th just a short time ago.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The UT fans must feel hopeless. Despite having an established staff and an "up-and-coming" label, they still somehow finish behind our Gators in the recruiting rankings. I'm sure they were laughing when UF was ranked 80th just a short time ago.
It isn't an outstanding class by any stretch of the imagination, but with the limited time they had, I think Billy and his staff did a pretty good job getting the best players left out there they could. 2023 class will tell us a lot about how this staff will recruit going forward. Honestly, if I were at UT fan and saw what's going on, I'd definitely be seeing a lot more losses to UF in my future.:spank:

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
It isn't an outstanding class by any stretch of the imagination, but with the limited time they had, I think Billy and his staff did a pretty good job getting the best players left out there they could. 2023 class will tell us a lot about how this staff will recruit going forward. Honestly, if I were at UT fan and saw what's going on, I'd definitely be seeing a lot more losses to UF in my future.:spank:

Not outstanding by any measure but salvageable. We should be really competitive in 2023 recruiting.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

You know, I swung by volnation hoping to see just that sentiment. Then I remembered where I was. No discussion of us on the main page, but a comment from yesterday in the recruiting forum...

"This is the year we get over the Fl hump and put them behind us. No more streaks except our own."

:lol:

Did you get that? They're going to put us behind them, a place we've literally never been since we began playing annually, even as we bumbled our way through WM, JM and a checked out Mullen. And they're going to start streaks, even though '03 and '04 are the only back-to-back wins they've had over the last 32 seasons. All this as we were officially pulling ahead of them yet again in recruiting. :lol:

bayou gator

Lord I was born a shamblin' man...
Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
I now have seen enough to have high hopes that Napier will change our recruiting trajectory in the future. He obviously has done a great job rebuilding high school relationships, and seems to recruit with purpose. For example, this class addresses holes in our roster better than any class we have seen in many years. I think an argument can be made about WRs, but I am liking what I have seen so far. It is definitely more complete than Muschump's 15 safeties, Sharkhumper's 12 TE/Athletes, and Mullen's 8 DTs that would all weigh around 225 pounds, each year for the past decade.

And I'm not sensing that all of our best recruits will either not graduate high school or go to prison before they are supposed to arrive on campus.

Considering where our brand had fallen, I am pretty happy with the results. I expected much worse when he first arrived.

Last edited:

bayou gator

Lord I was born a shamblin' man...
Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
You know, I swung by volnation hoping to see just that sentiment. Then I remembered where I was. No discussion of us on the main page, but a comment from yesterday in the recruiting forum...

"This is the year we get over the Fl hump and put them behind us. No more streaks except our own."

:lol:

Did you get that? They're going to put us behind them, a place we've literally never been since we began playing annually, even as we bumbled our way through WM, JM and a checked out Mullen. And they're going to start streaks, even though '03 and '04 are the only back-to-back wins they've had over the last 32 seasons. All this as we were officially pulling ahead of them yet again in recruiting. :lol:

The only streaks they own are the ones in their tighty whities :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.