Nuss on Short List

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
A spread guy? The guy Del Rio just left when he brought a spread offense to Oregon State? http://www.oregonlive.com/beavers/index.ssf/2015/09/dave_baldwin_brings_high_energ.html

"Their five-year-old car already has more than 120,000 miles on it following countless road trips, where they will almost always pull off the highway while en route to visit a wild animal reserve or watch birds.

Looks like nature walks could be back on the menu!!!!

I don't think Mac has any intention of running spread at Florida. I'm not really sure why he was with Mac at CSU, but I'd guess it was a necessity brought on by recruiting leftovers at CSU.

IMO he's not what we want, at all.

Of course, he could get rid of Del Rio, Applebees and Franks and go with his proven running QB Treon if they decided to run that spread here. I'm sure all of you would love to see that.
Do you really believe mac was running a different system at csu? How many rushing yards did their qb have?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Hell yeah he was running a completely different system. Are you serious?

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Hell yeah he was running a completely different system. Are you serious?
How many games did you watch when he was there? You're implying that they were running urby ball outthere. Macs never said whether he's a pro style or spread guy.Hes basically said he's a mixture. He's had to adjust to what personnel he had to work with. Him and the Baldwin guy were pretty damn good together. I don't know if Baldwin would carry enough weight as a recruiter though.

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
I'm just here to see how long it'll take for the Kerwin Bell nutswingers to come out of the woodwork.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I wanted to forget the offense later in the season and don't remember much about it during that part of the season but I thought we were running a lot of stuff quite a bit similar to what was ran at CSU when Mac was there and weren't going under center much at all despite all the talk about it. Heck CSU under Mac didn't go to shotgun predominantly until Mac's second season I think so we were ahead of schedule early in the season on that.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Reaves was OC under Spurrier for at least a season (I think more) but it was an eye the box, and would help bounce ideas off Spurrier during the week of prep. He moved on to OC South Carolina with a recommendation from Spurrier.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I want Nussmeier to stay for continuity, but I'm surprised he is on anyone's coaching short list since he has recently coached pitiful offenses for two different teams two years in a row.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I want Nussmeier to stay for continuity, but I'm surprised he is on anyone's coaching short list since he has recently coached pitiful offenses for two different teams two years in a row.
Normally I would agree about continuity between the OC and the players but in this case I believe the offense comes from Mac to the OC and is then relayed to the players. In other words if the players are familiar with the offense not much is going to change except the OC's name. Maybe we'll pony up and get a real heavy hitter but I doubt that is going to happen until we get rid of Muschamps buyout....or Foley retires.

Mr2Bits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I believe the wonderful contract that Foley signed has us on the hook for the full boat regardless whether Muschimp is coaching, collecting trash, or being a douche at home.
Makes sense, why would Foley ever think to put a protection clause in the termination agreement

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Reaves was OC under Spurrier for at least a season (I think more) but it was an eye the box, and would help bounce ideas off Spurrier during the week of prep. He moved on to OC South Carolina with a recommendation from Spurrier.

Reaves was/is a drunk....that's why he was out of coaching permanently within a couple of years of coming to UF.

Amazing that Pease got run from Washington and lands an OC job. UTEP isn't exactly a football powerhouse, but it's still a D1 OC gig. He must be similar to Muschamp and does extremely well in interviews.

I'd be shocked if Nussmeir lands this job. There are DOZENS of more qualified OCs out there and did the Southern Miss AD watch our offense last year...and Michigan's in 2014? Maybe because he coached under Saban he is desirable. Seems like half the schools in the South have a Saban assistant running the show.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Apparently the other candidate for the Southern Miss job is Eddie Gran ....Kentucky's new OC.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
"A decision could be reached today, tomorrow at the latest."

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
OK then
@BruceFeldmanCFB: Contrary to reports, I'm told that #Kentucky OC Eddie Gran is NOT in the mix for the #SouthernMiss HC vacancy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator