Nuss on Short List

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Hope this doesn't have a negative impact on our current class.

Maxxodd

Chill Winston
Lifetime Member
Dec 2, 2015
Please god no! What the heck does it take to get a little offensive continuity? There is just no way we will ever improve offensively if we can't have an OC stay for more than a year.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Please god no! What the heck does it take to get a little offensive continuity? There is just no way we will ever improve offensively if we can't have an OC stay for more than a year.

We can get Brent Pease back. :lol:

He's the WR coach for the Huskies.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Can we make Weis come back, since we're still paying him?

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I would imagine that they would hire from within this late in the game.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Can we make Weis come back, since we're still paying him?

Why would we still be paying him? He left voluntarily for a HC gig. Now Notre Dame, sure...I'm sure they'll be paying into his grandchildren's trust fund one day...

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I'm convinced Mac is the OC and Nusschamp is just the eyes in the box. Nusschamp's offenses have always looked like Bert Soopig or Dawgchamp's.

Did it matter who SOS' OC was?

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I'm convinced Mac is the OC and Nusschamp is just the eyes in the box. Nusschamp's offenses have always looked like Bert Soopig or Dawgchamp's.

Did it matter who SOS' OC was?
Did we waste a coaching spot for OC under Spurrier? I can't recall who it was.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014

Nope. Reaves was QB coach for a couple of years, then took another job. I think Matthews benefited from having Reaves around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member

Does the name Carl Franks ring a bell???

:bwahaha:

He was co-offensive coordinator/RB coach in the 90s.

Duke thought they might be able to recapture the SOS magic by hiring his top offensive assistant.

:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

It did not work out so well for them.

Alex.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
More smoke to that.

@FootballScoop: Sources tell us Florida offensive coordinator Doug Nussmeier is a strong candidate at Southern Miss. The Scoop... http://FootballScoop.com/The-Scoop

Southern Miss: Sources tell FootballScoop Southern Miss’ meeting with Florida offensive coordinator Doug Nussmeier went very well. Sources tell us Nussmeier is a very strong candidate for the job.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Wonder if mac would bring in his oc from csu uf nussmeier leaves.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
More smoke to that.

@FootballScoop: Sources tell us Florida offensive coordinator Doug Nussmeier is a strong candidate at Southern Miss. The Scoop... http://FootballScoop.com/The-Scoop

Southern Miss: Sources tell FootballScoop Southern Miss’ meeting with Florida offensive coordinator Doug Nussmeier went very well. Sources tell us Nussmeier is a very strong candidate for the job.

Archie+bunker_f0d331_4975547.gif

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Wonder if mac would bring in his oc from csu uf nussmeier leaves.
A spread guy? The guy Del Rio just left when he brought a spread offense to Oregon State? http://www.oregonlive.com/beavers/index.ssf/2015/09/dave_baldwin_brings_high_energ.html

"Their five-year-old car already has more than 120,000 miles on it following countless road trips, where they will almost always pull off the highway while en route to visit a wild animal reserve or watch birds.

Looks like nature walks could be back on the menu!!!!

I don't think Mac has any intention of running spread at Florida. I'm not really sure why he was with Mac at CSU, but I'd guess it was a necessity brought on by recruiting leftovers at CSU.

IMO he's not what we want, at all.

Of course, he could get rid of Del Rio, Applebees and Franks and go with his proven running QB Treon if they decided to run that spread here. I'm sure all of you would love to see that.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.