O-line showing steady improvement through camp

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Thanks for the link. 2 things from this, it sounds like the line is coming together, and it sounds like Grier is the starting QB.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
That is 3 articles I've read this week that refer to the line as "competent." I'm getting the impression the o-line will be better than we think. Not to long ago, I was hoping for just bodies to throw out there.

GatorGorilla

Jan 2, 2015
lagator;n265335 said:
Thanks for the link. 2 things from this, it sounds like the line is coming together, and it sounds like Grier is the starting QB.

Seems to be a foregone conclusion at this point although I read Harris had a great Sat. scrimmage.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Nice read. Thanks for sharing.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I like Goldcamp, but he is pumping sunshine harder than ever and clearly favoring Grier. I hope he's right as he's seen more than most of us.

I do take comfort in the fact that other insiders including the players have seen the improvement on the O-line. Most of the outside media is completely assuming that our offensive line is the one we trucked out in Spring. There is no doubt that we will be considerably better than that. We could be a surprise in the East. Wouldn't that be fun?

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
maheo30;n265344 said:
That is 3 articles I've read this week that refer to the line as "competent." I'm getting the impression the o-line will be better than we think. Not to long ago, I was hoping for just bodies to throw out there.

The article said "moving toward competence". Although the tone was positive, the quotes lead me to believe there will be some serious growing pains. Hopefully we achieve competence sometime this season.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Bernardo de la Paz;n265360 said:
The article said "moving toward competence". Although the tone was positive, the quotes lead me to believe there will be some serious growing pains. Hopefully we achieve competence sometime this season.

Hopefully before that brutal stretch in October, or we will be seeing multiple quarterbacks this year out of need.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I think our original starting line will hold up decently but what happens when injuries come into play is the question? Possible big drop offs.

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
i saw improvement as the year went on. I think Summers is a good line coach and he'll have them all playing to the best of their abilities.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
CaribGator;n265409 said:
i saw improvement as the year went on. I think Summers is a good line coach and he'll have them all playing to the best of their abilities.
The line wasn't bad last year. They were just in a bad position. Once Chimp took the playcalling back and we reverted to run, run, run, punt it makes it impossible for 5 linemen to block 8 defenders. When we did pass, Drisktard immediately rolling to the right out of the clean pocket was on Drisktard, not the OL. He did it almost every pass play.

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
lagator;n265335 said:

Read a article just yesterday I think on Orlando sentinel that said Mcelwain was most likely going to play them both for the first few games of the year, see how each perform in a real game, something we've yet to see Grier in.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
TheBigClaw;n265470 said:
Read a article just yesterday I think on Orlando sentinel that said Mcelwain was most likely going to play them both for the first few games of the year, see how each perform in a real game, something we've yet to see Grier in.

I wonder if ECU can test our offense at all? Maybe if they have a lot of defenders returning they can a little.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Encouraging news. I still think our line even with the inexperience will not be as bad and comparable to last years unit. Main point being the offensive debacle from last year and the previous 3 are gone. Mac is going to do everything to plan around strengths and weaknesses.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Better offensive play calling will do wonders....

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;265483 said:
I wonder if ECU can test our offense at all? Maybe if they have a lot of defenders returning they can a little.

I think NMSU will obviously, well should be a glorified scrimmage. It will be nice though to see both In a real game situation. ECU a step up but I think we should do well against them. @Kentucky is the key here. On the road at night against a half decent defense will do a lot in terms or who looks better at that point. I believe we are going to need treon at times this year with our O-Line, even if he's backup as many expect. I think our O line is going to be better than expected (Serviceable, getting better as the year progresses) but we will need Treon's legs at times compared to Grier's more traditional drop back style. I expect to see a full dose of each through the first 3 games, hope we have a starter against Tennessee but think you'll see the backup as the year goes along.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
Gatorphan;n265355 said:
he is pumping sunshine
I'll take a little sunshine when it comes to the OL. Maybe a little offensive variety will help their game as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.