Oceangate sub implodes on way to Titanic

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
You can make the air last 5 times longer if you kill the other 4 people. Just sayin..

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020

The now-missing CEO of a company that takes passengers onboard a submersible to see the site of the Titanic wreckage once told how he refused to hire '50-year-old white guys' with military expertise because they are not 'inspirational.'

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
You can make the air last 5 times longer if you kill the other 4 people. Just sayin..
How long before the smell gets to you? There’s a good chance you are just prolonging the hell you are in. :dunno:

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
If,.... and there's no way in hell I would be that stupid, I were to go in that thing I'd make sure and have a double order of black beans the night before just to see the looks on the other 4 dumbasses faces while we were down there...

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
How long before the smell gets to you? There’s a good chance you are just prolonging the hell you are in. :dunno:
Longer than three days I can promise you that. Heck, depending on what sort of waste handling equipment they have on board it’s been unbearable in there for days already.

Regardless, the real story would be how there was only one survivor. Would they charge him with murder? What jurisdiction handles murder under the sea in international waters?

secgator

Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
The now-missing CEO of a company that took passengers onboard a submersible to see the site of the Titanic wreckage once told how he refused to hire '50-year-old white guys' with military expertise because they are not 'inspirational.'
FIFY. Doubt business will be sustainable after this.

secgator

Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
If,.... and there's no way in hell I would be that stupid, I were to go in that thing .....
Same here. Not a chance I would climb into that thing to go see a sunken ship. Sure--it's historic. Sure--few people will ever really be able to do that so it's a unique experience. Sure--it's really expensive but still wouldn't do it if I had Elon's money.

They invented this thing called a camera....and along with it came photographs. The video came along with a tv. I can look at old sunken ships all day and night on these wonderful inventions and get just much a thrill with very little chance of dying in the process.

In all seriousness, I read somewhere yesterday that the only way to get out of it--even under normal circumstances, is from the outside. Something like 17 bolts are secured from outside the vehicle.....passengers climb in, crew outside 'locks them in', and upon return repeat the process in reverse. Sounded like there are no escape measures in case of emergency--hence current situation. Obviously if they could "blow a hatch", it couldn't be done at that depth as it would kill the passengers immediately. But assuming there was a problem which at least allowed them to come up to a safer depth---they still have no way to get out. Sounds like a royally piss poor design from top to bottom.

secgator

Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
Safety apparently was NOT a big focus from the company.

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
As a kid I used to daydream about building a submarine. Even then I would have thought enough to put a hatch in that could be accessed/opened from inside. For all anyone knows, a giant octopus may have removed all 17 bolts and had a nice dinner of the passengers... :crazy:

wrpgator

Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2019

The now-missing CEO of a company that takes passengers onboard a submersible to see the site of the Titanic wreckage once told how he refused to hire '50-year-old white guys' with military expertise because they are not 'inspirational.'
When WOKE becomes your first priority in design & operation of complex technical / mechanical systems--for those who hitch their wagon to such ventures--Darwin is validated.

This is what worries me about the current trend in the airlines.

Last edited:

secgator

Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
When WOKE becomes your first priority in design & operation of complex technical / mechanical systems--for those hitch their wagon to such ventures--Darwin is validated.

This is what worries me about the current trend in the airlines.
Rather profound after reading the CEO's reasoning...."because the 50 yr old white guys aren't inspirational".......yeah, but they ain't dead in a half-arse built submarine either. And odds are the CEO....IS or soon will be---dead.
Yay for woke.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.