Offense.....moving forward?

Himey

Founding Member
Super Important Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n282626 said:
Unfortunately for the fans I believe this will lead to a lot of conservative play calling and putting the faith of the teams season more in the hands of the defense.....

With the non-existent Oline that Mac inherited plus having a redshirt freshman at QB, wouldn't you do the same thing?

Himey

Founding Member
Super Important Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n282002 said:
It's not just him. Claw and Fever are Harris guys, so naturally they are going to rip the offense because they feel the wrong QB is playing. As soon as we lose they will inevitably start a "We lost because we aren't starting Harris" I-told-you-so thread.

Don't forget to add CaribGator to this list.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Himey;n282676 said:
With the non-existent Oline that Mac inherited plus having a redshirt freshman at QB, wouldn't you do the same thing?

The simple response would be yes, until you also consider that the two most important phases of special teams that support winning that way, FG kicking and punting, are in the crapper....At some point I would consider adding a wrinkle or perhaps being more aggressive with the play calling.

ufgator2002

Bleeds Orange and Blue
Aug 11, 2014
aka;n282404 said:
Those that say it's about player/team development this year are right. That doesn't mean we're going to be satisfied with losing some, it just means losing will be part of the process, unfortunately. I read an article that said 28 of the 70 players we took to UK(40%) were having their first SEC road game. They won that game and no matter how they won it, winning it was a really big deal. Losing and breaking that streak would have, obviously, been a setback on a lot of levels.

+1

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n282747 said:
The simple response would be yes, until you also consider that the two most important phases of special teams that support winning that way, FG kicking and punting, are in the crapper....At some point I would consider adding a wrinkle or perhaps being more aggressive with the play calling.
I don't think the play calling was terrible or too run heavy. We threw the ball 22 times and I would bet grier took off atleast 10. So we called atleast 30 pass plays which is pretty agressive for a freshman making his first start on the road in sec play.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I think that Grier got happy feet and started running at times when he didn't need to. He needs to keep his eyes downfield and go through his progressions. There were times he needed to run and that was great, but also times he probably could have made a play. Something Mac talked about today in his presser also.

This is just youth and being in a hostile environment. The OL is bad and they need to get better fast otherwise Tenn will beat us as will Ole Miss, UGA, etc...

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Gatorbait25;n282585 said:
I think you underestimate how effective we were with Driskel in there.
:rotfl: Driskel and effective in the same sentence? :rotfl:

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n282882 said:
:rotfl: Driskel and effective in the same sentence? :rotfl:

If you go back and read the original posts to wobble you'll see it wasn't a compliment to JD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.