Offense.....moving forward?

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n282572 said:
So you think he was the reason we won 2-3 more games? Which games were those?

Definitely UT. Possibly UGA

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
URGatorBait;n282573 said:
That wasn't the question, try again.

See my post to Wobble. We were 4-4 in conf. Without Treon we were 3-5 at best.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n282580 said:
UGA??? He threw 6 times. He was not the reason we won that game.

I think you underestimate how effective we were with Driskel in there.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gatorbait25;n282585 said:
I think you underestimate how effective we were with Driskel in there.

Pretty sure even JD can hand the ball off 40+ times also.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gatorbait25;n282577 said:
Definitely UT. Possibly UGA

He passed for 17 yards against UT, and 27 yards against UGA.
The lone SEC victory for Harris was Vandy, which he had 215 yards passing.
Explain to me how HE was the lone difference in those games

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
URGatorBait;n282588 said:
He passed for 17 yards against UT, and 27 yards against UGA.
The lone SEC victory for Harris was Vandy, which he had 215 yards passing.
Explain to me how HE was the lone difference in those games

Didn't say he was the lone difference maker. But for three quarters we were shutout in Knoxville.
Driskel turned it over multiple times , and was his usual ineffective self. We don't win that game without
Treon coming in, and strong play at the end by the defense. Grier has now played in three games.
One was against one of the worst defenses in CFB, one was against a team that just got lit up by Navy, and one was against a bottom tier conference defense.
He's yet to play a turnover free game. Eventually that is going to bite us.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Let's not let facts get in our way......

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gatorbait25;n282595 said:
Didn't say he was the lone difference maker. But for three quarters we were shutout in Knoxville.
Driskel turned it over multiple times , and was his usual ineffective self. We don't win that game without
Treon coming in, and strong play at the end by the defense. Grier has now played in three games.
One was against one of the worst defenses in CFB, one was against a team that just got lit up by Navy, and one was against a bottom tier conference defense.
He's yet to play a turnover free game. Eventually that is going to bite us.

Just not turning the ball over, doesn't make a good QB. Harris wasn't the difference in any of those games. Grier is undoubtedly the better player, all else equal.
Point being is that the team, the coaches and most of the fans know who gives us the best chance to win at QB, and it ain't Harris. Harris has done nothing to prove that he gives us the beat chance to win, or he'd be the starter. Given more playing time, those floating passes of his will easily be pickedin SEC play, it's not even a question. Harris isn't exactly free of turn overs in his career.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Does anyone here really think we are competing for any championships this year? I sure as hell don't. So if you know that, and you know Grier has the higher upside and overall play making ability, then you go with him, you build your team, and you let him take his lumps this year, so he's ready to go next year and beyond. Some people are just far too short sighted with this.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
URGatorBait;n282612 said:
Does anyone here really think we are competing for any championships this year? I sure as hell don't. So if you know that, and you know Grier has the higher upside and overall play making ability, then you go with him, you build your team, and you let him take his lumps this year, so he's ready to go next year and beyond. Some people are just far too short sighted with this.

No way on championships this year, although as bad as the East is, we may somehow find ourselves in contention for something. We won't stay on the field with Ole Miss or LSU, those games may get ugly quickly, but I don't think anyone else on our schedule is a sure loss.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
URGatorBait;n282612 said:

I'm a little surprised your're throwing in the towel after the third week of the season. Nobody in the east scares me, so this notion that we have 0% chance of getting to ATL is silly. Obviously we aren't the favorite, but if we win our east games that will give us a good chance at the division. It can be done URG.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Harris has done a decent job taking care of the ball in the time he has been here, I'll give him that. Grier has the arm to take us places that Harris can't. The big question is whether Grier would cost us games that Harris would not, or could Grier win us games that Harris can't? In the grand scheme of things I believe the coaches are trying to keep Grier in check while winning the most games and getting their QB of the future the experience he needs to be successful down the road. Unfortunately for the fans I believe this will lead to a lot of conservative play calling and putting the faith of the teams season more in the hands of the defense.....

Turk182

Founding Member
Just don't care anymore
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I think our defense will keep us in every game after that it just takes a couple lucky bounces to win it all.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gatorbait25;n282624 said:
I'm a little surprised your're throwing in the towel after the third week of the season. Nobody in the east scares me, so this notion that we have 0% chance of getting to ATL is silly. Obviously we aren't the favorite, but if we win our east games that will give us a good chance at the division. It can be done URG.
I didn't say just getting to ATL, which by the way Georgia is no cupcake. I specifically said winning championships. Harris has no ability to make us any more likely to win a championship this yesr, than Grier does, so you ride with the future...this isn't complicated.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gatorbait25;n282624 said:

Agree. South Carolina and Vandy are just terrible and should be wins. Tennessee should be a win. Missouri has looked bad, about like us, and we always seem to play like crap against them, and then UGA. Our most likely losses in the SEC will be Ole Miss/LSU and Georgia. If we run the table against east division opponents, which is certainly doable, the we have a great chance.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Let's just beat Tennessee. We really aren't in a position to speculate on much of anything. Sure, we watch our future opponents and dream but it could just as easily go badly as it does get better.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
The Original DC;n282632 said:
Agree. South Carolina and Vandy are just terrible and should be wins. Tennessee should be a win. Missouri has looked bad, about like us, and we always seem to play like crap against them, and then UGA. Our most likely losses in the SEC will be Ole Miss/LSU and Georgia. If we run the table against east division opponents, which is certainly doable, the we have a great chance.

I agree also. We have 5 very winnable games ahead of us and 2 that are no worse than at least toss ups(UGA-FSU). With 3 wins under our belt we could very easily end up with 8-9 wins after a bowl game. One obstacle that we face is staying healthy just like any other team. I see both UGA and LSU 2 twisted ankles or such(Chubb-Fornette) away from being pretty average teams also...

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Here's how I see our Offense going forward:

I see big changes already. The play calling, receivers actually catching balls (some fantastic catches), Grier, all have shown flashes of brilliance here and there. Treon is Treon. He isn't likely to make a dumb dumb mistake and kill us, but he's nothing more than a game manager with a pretty good touch on his deep throws.

Grier has the game changing arm. The problem is, he'll have a broken leg by October if he keeps having to run for his life like he did Saturday. He already has some banged up ribs or a shoulder from Saturday, worse hurt is in his future unless the O-Line matures much quicker than they appear to be growing at this point. That leaves us with Treon and Treon doesn't "beat" anybody. He just manages the offense while we hope our Defense keeps us in the game. God help us if Treon ends up on the sideline in a cast next to Grier before December.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.