***Official Alabama vs Clemson Prediction and Game thread 1-9-17***

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Completely disagree. Bama's offense played as well as it could with a true freshman QB in the lead. Both teams have very good defenses so this game came down to who had the better QB.

If a coach is to be blamed, I'd put it on Pruitt. Clemson knew exactly how to attack his defense in that second half and he couldn't adjust.

So your contention as that changing the OC and playcaller 8 days before the championship game with an 18-yr old quarterback had no effect?

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
How bout the fact that Pruitt's D could not stop Clemson and yes, changing OC's like Bama did surely had an effect. Maybe not major, but asshat Kiffin could have known how to deal with Hurts. Failure on both sides of Bama's game.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I found myself watching Watson line up in the gun near his own goal line and thinking, Dabo, you've got King Kong-sized balls. And yet Dabo can make that kind of call because he has full faith and confidence in the kid. Those plays at end of the winning drive? Crazy aggressive and yet, again, consider the source.

Another thing that needs to be and acknowledged here are the Clemson receivers, big, strong, athletic kids who can go up and get the ball which gives Watson the additional confidence in knowing if he gets the ball up and near them, they're gonna go get it.

Remarkable game and remarkable finish. Bama's secondary was its weakness all year and Dabo wisely made the decision to attack it.

So true .... I saw a couple of plays where Watson was too rushed, so he misthrew the pass 10 yards behind his
WR & out of bounds. Still, his WR put that DB on-his-back and had he known that that pass would go where it did,
he would have tracked it and the DB couldn't do a thing to deflect it. So like '78 said = great working relationship
between QB & WRs. Thus, I could see that underthrowing by Watson could be a planned play multiple times.
That's big.

With each passing post I am reminded of how crappy our recruiting has become. I think I need some Zoloft.

Too late ... MacnCrew started recruiting Zoloft too late; he's going to Harbough.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Speaking of the refs... the main one apparently works out.

Saw a couple of funny tweets

I've noticed more and more refs are buffing up a bit. I think they realized that they are going to be front and center in front of millions of people and want to look good for the ladies. :naughty:

This guy started the trend....
hochuli_display_image.jpg

clete-blakeman-zoom-97ce035c-2864-4aa0-b188-e0c7cbd45aac.jpg

head-coach-willie-taggart-of-the-south-florida-bulls-talks-with-a-picture-id502200108

20120908_lbm_ak4_405.0.jpg

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
So your contention as that changing the OC and playcaller 8 days before the championship game with an 18-yr old quarterback had no effect?

Sark is a better play caller than Kiffin. Kiffin's bonehead playcalling is why they lost to Ohio St two years ago, and obviously Saban wasn't happy with how Kiffin handled the offense against Washington. Sure it's possible that Kiffin leaving may have hurt the offense, but its also possible that Kiffin's absence actually helped Bama's offense. We'll never know for sure.

What I do know is that Bama's defense gave up 511 total yards with 420 through the air, and they allowed Clemson to score 3 TD's on them in the 4th quarter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.