***Official Alabama vs Clemson Prediction and Game thread 1-9-17***

Since65

Oct 5, 2014
99 offensive plays for Clemson versus 66 for Bama. No matter how many 5 star guys you have on defense, that is a lot of time on the field.

Scott512

Sep 1, 2014
How about that little Renfro guy? 2 touchdowns including the game-winner, and a big touchdown saving tackle after a bama defender
was racing toward the endzone after a fumble recovery.
He's amazing. Reminds me of Cole Beasely and Julian Edelman in the NFL.

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I hate to say this, but Kiffin successfully fked Bama on this one. It was clear that playcalling was impacted, out of tune, and seemingly very conservative. No matter how good "the process" is...you don't have a new OC/playcaller for barely a week and it not impact your play.

Another fan base that will just despise that guy.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Anyone surprised offensive interference wasn't called on the winning score? It could have been called.

Well since Bama cheats 365 days a year, the refs figured they should have some sort of adversity. Since the NCAA provides none.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Clemson never quit. Dabo has officially shed the title of loser/choker forever.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Venables is one of the most impressive assistants in college football. I'm surprised he hasn't landed a head gig somewhere.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I found myself watching Watson line up in the gun near his own goal line and thinking, Dabo, you've got King Kong-sized balls. And yet Dabo can make that kind of call because he has full faith and confidence in the kid. Those plays at end of the winning drive? Crazy aggressive and yet, again, consider the source.

Another thing that needs to be acknowledged here are the Clemson receivers, big, strong, athletic kids who can go up and get the ball and which gives Watson the additional confidence in knowing if he gets the ball up and near them, they're gonna go get it.

Remarkable game and remarkable finish. Bama's secondary was its weakness all year and Dabo wisely made the decision to attack it.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I found myself watching Watson line up in the gun near his own goal line and thinking, Dabo, you've got King Kong-sized balls. And yet Dabo can make that kind of call because he has full faith and confidence in the kid. Those plays at end of the winning drive? Crazy aggressive and yet, again, consider the source.

Another thing that needs to be acknowledged here are the Clemson receivers, big, strong, athletic kids who can go up and get the ball and which gives Watson the additional confidence in knowing if he gets the ball up and near them, they're gonna go get it.

Remarkable game and remarkable finish. Bama's secondary was its weakness all year and Dabo wisely made the decision to attack it.

Artavis and Caine both should have been Gators.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I hate to say this, but Kiffin successfully fked Bama on this one. It was clear that playcalling was impacted, out of tune, and seemingly very conservative. No matter how good "the process" is...you don't have a new OC/playcaller for barely a week and it not impact your play.

Another fan base that will just despise that guy.

Completely disagree. Bama's offense played as well as it could with a true freshman QB in the lead. Both teams have very good defenses so this game came down to who had the better QB.

If a coach is to be blamed, I'd put it on Pruitt. Clemson knew exactly how to attack his defense in that second half and he couldn't adjust.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Completely disagree. Bama's offense played as well as it could with a true freshman QB in the lead. Both teams have very good defenses so this game came down to who had the better QB.

If a coach is to be blamed, I'd put it on Pruitt. Clemson knew exactly how to attack his defense in that second half and he couldn't adjust.
Winner! Clemson got over 500 yards on Bama, 420 through the air and 90+ on the ground.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.