Gator Basketball *** Official Basketball: Gators vs Providence ***

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Decent ball game from our guys. What is wrong with the Prov coaches head ?

jaywalker72

Founding Member
Current Status: Dumper
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Gators have done a great job maintaining their composure while taking a one-sided beating physically.

12 FG allowed in 36 minutes is elite defense. Our first shot defense is out of this world tonight.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Glad to see us come out of a long break and play so well. Hope it’s a sign of things to come

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Well, we saw a different offense tonite. One where Mann finally is part of it. KJ is playing as well as you could ask. I would never believe that many off, rebounds against us would still allow us a 30 pt win. I will keep saying it. Glover needs more floor time.

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
Our most complete game thus far: holding them to 51 points on defense; while our offense erupts for 83 points.

KJ had the best game overall: 19 points, 10 rebounds, and 4 steals is clear MVP credentials; but the story of today was the balance everywhere else: Mann with 13 points, Glover with 10, Locke with 11 (3 of 4 from the 3pt line); Nembhard with 9 points and 7 assists.

It was a relatively quiet day for Blackshear and our other frontcourt players,individually (Blackshear had only 7 pts and 3 rebounds); but it all added up, the frontcourt of Bassett, Blackshear, and Payne scored 14 points and had 12 rebounds. That's good collective production from the "bigs'' and one that helps spread the court since Providence couldn't exactly leave any of those guys wide-open.

It'll take a few more of these types of performances to have others believing in us again; but the announcers were impressed and it's hard not to like the result here.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
I will say this, I saw better ball movement and reversals a time or two. Andrew slows us down at times when I think we need to speed them up. I think changing it up with Glover more often would really help as they are opposites with the ball. I also saw MUCH better passing inside. I have thought for awhile we have missed many opportunities to go inside. It was certainly easier to watch tonite than in awhile. At worst Providence is awful and at best we are progressing like we all hoped and I actually expect us to. But then again I always expect the best when it seems to be getting darker.

jaywalker72

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Win by 32 when Blackshear is in foul trouble, give up 21 offensive rebounds and the opposition shoots twice the free throws speaks to the dominance of the defense and efficiency of the offense tonight. Very good win even if it was a mediocre opponent.

jaywalker72

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I will say this, I saw better ball movement and reversals a time or two. Andrew slows us down at times when I think we need to speed them up. I think changing it up with Glover more often would really help as they are opposites with the ball. I also saw MUCH better passing inside. I have thought for awhile we have missed many opportunities to go inside. It was certainly easier to watch tonite than in awhile. At worst Providence is awful and at best we are progressing like we all hoped and I actually expect us to. But then again I always expect the best when it seems to be getting darker.
Agree that moving Andrew off ball and having Mann and Glover attack with the ball helps the offense.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Didn't watch tonight but glad to see we played a solid game and finally blew a bad team out. Gonna have to bring the same type of effort and execution against Utah State or it's going to be a LONG day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator