Gator Basketball *** Official Basketball Thread: UF v Baylor***

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Hard to believe, but we're favored by 2 according to SportsLine.
giphy.gif

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
We were favored by a couple points against Auburn and that turned out alright. :dunno:

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
We win this one, because we aren’t supposed to. We’ll go on to lose the next 3 because we aren’t supposed to. Somehow that continues to happen with White’s teams.

My thoughts exactly.
This is the kind of game where we would see a glimpse of what could/should be and we think that maybe it is coming together.
Next week the team brings us back to reality.

Ninjax

Nov 21, 2017
So many # 1's have lost so far this season...I'd say another is due. That being said, I don't see this team at this point is able to pull the upset.

We'll get behind early and never catch up...but it will be close at the end. Just another emotional roller-coaster night of excitement, disgust, hope, exuberance...and heartbreak.

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
The O Dome will be hyped up and rocking. Go Gators!!
It'll probably be a 'sellout' just like last game where we beat #4 Auburn. That still won't change the horrible optics of dozens of empty seats directly behind the bench and scorer's table.

NEW RULE UAA: If you don't fill your premium seats by tip-off (okay, five minute grace period), the ushers should fill those seats with under-capitalized fans from the nose bleed seats. It will be great P.R. and makes good sense. A sold out stadium should look and sound like one on TV. Fans from the top rows of the O'Dome will totally rock those premium seats and make the TV product more attractive. Such a simple fix. Do It Already!

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
BSPN announcer was apoplectic that UF was favored in Vegas. Doesn't make much sense to me either. Also showed picture of alleged UF students lined up for tickets. Do the students favor basketball over football?

No. But 300 people pushed into a small area and in a place that has 10K capacity gives the optics that students care, as opposed to those same 300 students lounging in a place meant for 85K. Either way their interest, as well as most of the older crowd these days, is do diddle on their devices the entire time. Less than 1% of the people who attend a live game are actually there to watch the game. (and that is any venue, not just UF)

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
We're gonna be toting a 25+ point ass whooping tonight

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
NEW RULE UAA: If you don't fill your premium seats by tip-off (okay, five minute grace period), the ushers should fill those seats with under-capitalized fans from the nose bleed seats. It will be great P.R.

I like this type of trickiness by SamIam. Is it possible those seats right behind the announcers are kept empty so the broadcasters do not get drowned out by student bedlam?

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Florida is up 12-7 at the under 16 timeout. Good start. Keyontae has 7 pts early

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
The only "carry" calls I've seen have been Glover.??

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
White blows a gasket on the sideline yelling at the refs and throwing his arms around as the refs miss yet another moving screen by Baylor that just about knocks Glover out of the game. Gators playing tough and have a tough mentality, diving all over the floor and getting their hands on passes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.