Gator Basketball ***Official BBALL Thread*** UF @ Wake Forest for ACC/SEC Challenge (ESPNU Wednesday Nov 29 7:15PM)

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
Defense is a very under-rated part of college basketball. If you want success you HAVE to play good defense and we do not. We gave up alot of easy baskets and open 3's with the whole trapping at the top of the key. I get why we do it, many teams do, but we don't do it well at all and either give up a drive to the lane for and easy two or a wide open look from 3.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
we suck again GIF

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Defense is a very under-rated part of college basketball. If you want success you HAVE to play good defense and we do not. We gave up alot of easy baskets and open 3's with the whole trapping at the top of the key

This is the biggest thing jumping out to me from the recent games. Yes, Baylor had an unreal night from the arc, but again with WF we were getting lost on the screens or simply not keeping track of our mark and leaving guys out there to hit the shot clean before we can close. That can, and SHOULD, be fixed.

LoyalGatorFan

Lifetime Member
Jul 10, 2019
Imo we were not allowed to play defense in the second half. We got up 9 and suddenly if we breathed on them it was a foul. The refs drastically affected our defense in the second half.

You're not wrong....TV Ted and his crew always like to use their whistles...but also we haven't been playing much defense all year so

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
As we're pointing to other sports....and their lack of success....I'll point out college soccer (yes, it IS a sport, one that gives scholarships). When UF launched the women's team and were challenging UNC in the playoffs regularly, we'd see another 3-4 SEC women's teams qualifying. UF does not have a men's team (Title IX prevents it):

Men's Tournament (Sweet 16):
ACC - 2
PAC12 - 2
Smaller/Others - 12

Women's Tournament (Sweet 16):
ACC - 3 (incl ND)
PAC12 - 2
B1G - 2
B12 - 2
SEC - 3 (A&M, ARK, ALA)
Smaller/Others - 4

UF can't even qualify.

MidwestChomp

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
We aren’t even a basketball school anymore. Take pride, from now on when you mention the University of Florida people will think gymnastics powerhouse. Eat that UGly.
Well, I have been following UF gymnastics for about 20 years so I'm OK with it. But Okie is the powerhouse now, so we suck at gymnastics too because we haven't won a natty since 2015 and keep losing to Okie. Might as well fold up UAA for good.

MidwestChomp

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
As we're pointing to other sports....and their lack of success....I'll point out college soccer (yes, it IS a sport, one that gives scholarships). When UF launched the women's team and were challenging UNC in the playoffs regularly, we'd see another 3-4 SEC women's teams qualifying. UF does not have a men's team (Title IX prevents it):

Men's Tournament (Sweet 16):
ACC - 2
PAC12 - 2
Smaller/Others - 12

Women's Tournament (Sweet 16):
ACC - 3 (incl ND)
PAC12 - 2
B1G - 2
B12 - 2
SEC - 3 (A&M, ARK, ALA)
Smaller/Others - 4

UF can't even qualify.
Women's soccer at UF has been a disappointment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator