***OFFICIAL BOWL GAME THREAD: UF vs Virginia***

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Snappy come back!

You seem out of sorts, Try Midol......

Dude do us all a favor and put that dick back in your mouth, people with iqs higher than a shoe size are discussing concepts beyond your paygrade.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Dude do us all a favor and put that dick back in your mouth, people with iqs higher than a shoe size are discussing concepts beyond your paygrade.

Snappy come back, again. Keep up the good work, it's humorous.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
It's great that we earned that ranking, but it's kind of funny to see a banner bragging, "We're Number 7!" I think I'd prefer a more generic, "Top Ten in Public Universities." Then you don't have to reprint them next year when we advance to number 6. Or God forbid, drop to number 8.
At preview last summer, they were telling us one of the goals was to move from #8 into the top 5. I suspect the banner was to show everyone “we’re movin’ on up.” #7 is actually pretty impressive. Getting into the top five is going to be a heavy lift.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Snappy come back!

You seem out of sorts, Try

snickers-candy-bars-52-g-1930s-bar-canadian-caramel-era-chocolate-mars-inc_690_grande.jpg

FIFY?

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Not sure how far back your Gator history goes but I would strongly disagree with placing that hypothetical loss at #2 on the all time list.
Late 70's and yes a loss to Uvag would have been up there with Ga, Southern....

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Worse than vandy at home?
This was basically a home game for us too....and supposed to be an exhibition for all the S.Fl. recruits…..I hope we didn't scare the goods ones off because they could just go to UM if they wanted to give (moral) victories to Uvag.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Sorry, but it’s difficult to rank many losses to be worse than vandy @ home. Why do I get the feeling you consider the most embarrassing loss to be the one that just happened?

no1g8r

Bringing Reason to the dumb masses
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2017
Sorry, but it’s difficult to rank many losses to be worse than vandy @ home. Why do I get the feeling you consider the most embarrassing loss to be the one that just happened?

Or in this case, the most embarrassing loss is the win that just happened.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
I don't listen to you or to fluff piece written as fluff pieces you said similar schit about butters. Also in doing a quick search on Google we are ranked from 10th to 35th (all made after Dec 8th) dependent on criteria. I am not suggesting that our schedule isn't more difficult than most, just it's the wrong judge to go bye. You play your talent vs there's.

I’d give 2019 a B. We won the games we were supposed to win with no embarrassing losses. Given the OL’s struggles and losing our starting QB, I think Mullen schemed way outside his norm and very well. Trask’s development is shocking. We were pretty fortunate injury-wise but our depth and physicality issues at DE and along the DL were exposed. Safety is a big issue. (I pin the OL on the poor recruiting of it under Butters.) Grantham? I dunno. I see the risk/burn side of it and I also see the pieces he has on the board. We need better pieces and it looks like some are coming.

Am I happy with a B? After a B- last year and an F in 2017 preceded by C’s and D’s, yes. Am I satisfied with a 3.0? No. The “Gator Standard” means no C’s but you need to have some A’s - meaning SEC championships. Spurrier had better than a 3.5 with no C’s. That’s the standard.

Meyer pulled a C his first year, won 2 SEC’s and both were also NC’s - so A+. Then he pulled a C- his last season and took a dump on the floor as he left the school. So a 3.4 overall?

Can Mullen win championships? Or is he going to be stuck on good but never great? We’ll see if the trend line continues up, flattens or bends down.

And if not Mullen, who?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I’d give 2019 a B. We won the games we were supposed to win with no embarrassing losses. Given the OL’s struggles and losing our starting QB, I think Mullen schemed way outside his norm and very well. Trask’s development is shocking. We were pretty fortunate injury-wise but our depth and physicality issues at DE and along the DL were exposed. Safety is a big issue. (I pin the OL on the poor recruiting of it under Butters.) Grantham? I dunno. I see the risk/burn side of it and I also see the pieces he has on the board. We need better pieces and it looks like some are coming.

Am I happy with a B? After a B- last year and an F in 2017 preceded by C’s and D’s, yes. Am I satisfied with a 3.0? No. The “Gator Standard” means no C’s but you need to have some A’s - meaning SEC championships. Spurrier had better than a 3.5 with no C’s. That’s the standard.

Meyer pulled a C his first year, won 2 SEC’s and both were also NC’s - so A+. Then he pulled a C- his last season and took a dump on the floor as he left the school. So a 3.4 overall?

Can Mullen win championships? Or is he going to be stuck on good but never great? We’ll see if the trend line continues up, flattens or bends down.

And if not Mullen, who?
I'd give the season a C+, which is the highest grade you can get from me without any championships (or even a SECCG appearance).

I think Mullen can consistently have seasons like this. I have my doubts he can get us over the hump from here, but time will tell.

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
I dunno, consensus amongst all these analysts and former coaches is that Mullen is some sort of offensive savant.

95% of “analysts” pump whoever they are supposed to cover and a higher percentage of ex-coaches refuse to say anything negative about a coach publicly. This reference is irrelevant.

How about saying something more inspiring like next years goal is to win 15....

He started his post game by saying the goal was to be standing on the same stage in 2020, . . . you know, where the National Championship will be held. He said exactly what you are bytching he didn’t say. It’s why you’re being accused of bytching just to bytch.

Last edited:

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Oh what to talk about now? 11-2 nothing there.
Giving a wonderful goodbye with "thanks" to Greenard, Swain, etc. ... Nope?
Entertain admiration for the QB-miracle from Trask ... nope?
Bask in the upbeat confident Gator-spirit that Mullin is applying.
Feel good about some "first-time" utilitarian wisdom in recruiting.
Feeling happy over a first-time haul of 5* recruits.
Gargle with some "count our blessings" mouthwash.??

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Oh what to talk about now? 11-2 nothing there.
Giving a wonderful goodbye with "thanks" to Greenard, Swain, etc. ... Nope?
Entertain admiration for the QB-miracle from Trask ... nope?
Bask in the upbeat confident Gator-spirit that Mullin is applying.
Feel good about some "first-time" utilitarian wisdom in recruiting.
Feeling happy over a first-time haul of 5* recruits.
Gargle with some "count our blessings" mouthwash.??
I think you may be underestimating some of our posters' ability to bytch. They're also a creative lot; they'll find something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator