***OFFICIAL COTTON BOWL GAME THREAD: UF vs Oklahoma***; Houston talks trash

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Will be a good game. Excited to play someone not named Miami or unc
Yeah, surprised someone on the committee didn't go for the Trask vs king drama in the orange bowl. Have we ever played in the Cotton Bowl? It's a rare opportunity for the Gators, so not completely a bad thing, if you're not crying over spilled milk.

Also, I got cousins in Dallas who went to ou, but Uncle Mike is still a Gator, so I hope to hear about some family smack during the game. I just hope my uncle gets the last word.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
The bowls are pretty meaningless now.

2 things would make them more interesting:

1) Find another Keith Jackson.
2) Only play Freshman and Sophs after the 1st quarter. :)

If Trask / Tony opts out it would be worth watching a preview of next year's O.

NovaGator

Dec 10, 2015
Three consecutive loses will over shadow all the good things the Gators
did this season. I give them credit for not opting out like so many other teams.
OU will be a tough gig. Top gun Pitts is gone. Trask and Toney may follow suit.
Have to find a way to post a "W" and end the season right.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I thought for sure that Trask was gone but with us playing in the Cotton Bow, I see him playing in front of his home state.

And, if he stays, Toney will want to come back.

NovaGator

Dec 10, 2015
I thought for sure that Trask was gone but with us playing in the Cotton Bow, I see him playing in front of his home state.

And, if he stays, Toney will want to come back.
You certainly can't blame players with a high draft status wanting to avoid a crippling injury
in a meaningless Bowl game. I remember the sickening injury Willis McGahee suffered
in his final college game. Still, if I was trying to evaluate NFL talent, if all things are equal,
I would add bonus points to the draft stock of the guy who toughed it out until the end.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
If I thought Cousin Eddie had any recruiting ability, I would think playing in Texas might be a good thing. We have gotten a few players from Texas but I think most of them have not even been rated. Had it not been for striking gold with Trask due to an unfortunate injury (thank you Lerch), he would have been lumped in with Slo-Mo, Kylan Johnson and Stiner as our stellar Texas recruiting.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
So we COULD be matched up vs the clowns to preserve the annual rivalry... I'm okay with the Cotton Bowl, but I would've really enjoyed watching Trask throw for 700 yds vs the clowns. Even Wells probably would've gotten 1-2 TD catches in the 4th qtr.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.