Gator Basketball ***Official Game Thread BBALL***Florida @ Auburn

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Every time we cut the lead to 1-2 points they immediately respond with a bucket. It’s painful.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, let’s just start trading three’s with these guys….and foul em while we’re at it

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I agree LeeForThree , this one could get ugly early but it might also end up like most games in the CMW era.

The gators play to the level of the opponent for a while before ultimately folding at some point and losing by 10 or so.

Looks like I was right on target tonight.

Gonna be another frustrating season

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
Not a game I thought for a moment that we'd win and we didn't.

This team won early this year with intense, scrappy defense. We dictated what others would be doing---frustrated their rhythm, tempo, and sets. Even if we weren't great at offense, we still would focus on the defensive end, get turnovers, and generally be tough to beat.

I have no idea what happened to that team.

We're slow on offense and defense; and look barely motivated anymore. That Texas Southern game broke this team. The good news is that there's no way Mike White survives this season.

CU-UF

Meh
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
The good news is that there's no way Mike White survives this season.

I don't know about that, he actually has a good class coming in next year and we seem to be comfortable in letting him hang around average or slightly above average. Painful.

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
I don't know about that, he actually has a good class coming in next year and we seem to be comfortable in letting him hang around average or slightly above average. Painful.

He always has a good class...then always under-achieves with whomever he gets.

When you add up his overall record and that the program is getting worse, not better, I cannot see him staying another season given fan and booster apathy. Everyone wants him gone.

Gator87

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He always has a good class...then always under-achieves with whomever he gets.

When you add up his overall record and that the program is getting worse, not better, I cannot see him staying another season given fan and booster apathy. Everyone wants him gone.
The solution to this is to let White get the players but hire somebody else to coach them, take a page from the football program and give White the title of Director of Player Acquisition.

NVAGATOR86

Lifetime Member
Nov 10, 2017
Whatever Mike White is telling these kids they have tuned him out. Leadership has to come from inside the locker room or this season is over. Time for our AD to get some anonymous player feedback and make some changes?

CU-UF

Meh
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Whatever Mike White is telling these kids they have tuned him out. Leadership has to come from inside the locker room or this season is over. Time for our AD to get some anonymous player feedback and make some changes?
I think the White experiment should be done, but I don't think its because the kids have tuned him out. They do seem to trying and showing effort, I just think the in game coaching has been the issue, poor offensive sets, bad defense, poor player rotation, etc.

Mornengswede

Lifetime Member
Dec 6, 2017
I went to every game when I was there. I attended every single maddening home game of Dan Werner’s time there. I haven’t watched Mike White’s teams in years. I already know what’s going to happen. It’s as predictable as a slot machine addiction.

It’s a damn shame so many of us fans and those in the administration do not realize this place is special. We’re not Auburn or South Carolina. Billy D was a great coach, but there are exactly two programs in the SEC he would have won a championship at in the SEC and he was lucky enough to end up at one of them. There are a ton of coaches out there who can win big here. Someone inspiring, who can strategize and adjust and adapt. Mike White is not one of them. Just look for those people, hire them, let them go and move on when you have a big enough sample size to know what they are. That was four years ago for CMW. Wake the fuchs up.

NVAGATOR86

Lifetime Member
Nov 10, 2017
I think the White experiment should be done, but I don't think its because the kids have tuned him out. They do seem to trying and showing effort, I just think the in game coaching has been the issue, poor offensive sets, bad defense, poor player rotation, etc.
I agree. He can recruit talent, but he doesn't know how to use it. The players understand it as well.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Nothing happens until the money boys force Scottie to make a change.

Does anyone on Chatter know Don Dizney?
He alone could force Scottie to do his job.

Otherwise I assume we will give CMW a full decade of failure before we accept the reality.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
This will be MW’s last year.

Team fought hard to stay in it last night but typically fell short. Odd rotation last night. I didn’t watch the whole game last night but I don’t understand why Felder and Jitoboh minutes fell way down after showing good improvement recently. It wasn’t foul trouble so unless there was some injury I don’t get it.

And as I have said since game one….we are poor, inconsistent shooters from 3 and weak ball handlers. It’s time to turn off the green light and force these guys to attack.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
It’s great and all that we have a solid freshman class coming in next year, until I remember that freshman rarely contribute or develop under White.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator