Gator Basketball ***Official Game Thread BBALL*** Florida vs FSU

1EyeVern

Lifetime Member
Oct 19, 2016
I thoroughly enjoyed this game. There's something different about this team. They didn't cower and back down, play passively. They punched the Seminoles in the face! FSU is not an easy team to play because of their tenaciousness at the defensive end. Based on what I saw today, if the Gators play like this all season. We are looking at a fun season.

Brooks

Jul 1, 2021
That was fun! Feels good to actually be able to enjoy a win. We have some scrappers on this team. Duruji played so tough. Mckissic was impressive. Castleton is our mvp. I love his intensity. Comes through with a double double and 4 or 5 blocks? He looks like a great rebounder. Jones looks like a streaky shooter but he has a nice form to his jump shot. Appleby is another tough little guy. I like this team a lot. I was expecting them to blow that lead at the end like Mike White's teams usually do. But they just turned it up and made plays. Didnt try to just milk clock. They played hard. I didn't even watch this team last year because I don't like Mike White. But I appreciate his ability to bring good players in here.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Enjoy =

Notice Castleton's 16 rebounds + 6 blocks.! That's a "no back down" assertion. Great team leader.
Castleton + Duruji = 15 points each.
Shored up by McKissic & Jones contributing 12 points each. (that much scoring support was missing last year.)
Stellar defense, annoying the ball handler. Pestering the shots. Good stamina.
Pulled it off relying essentially on just 6 players ... is that right? What a confidence booster. Go Gators.!

Single Game Stats
Min Reb Ast Stl Blk Pts
Colin Castleton
F
0 16 1 1 6 15
Anthony Duruji
F
0 8 0 2 2 15
Tyree Appleby
G
0 3 5 0 0 5
Myreon Jones
G
0 6 1 3 0 12
Brandon McKissic
G
0 3 2 2 0 12
Phlandrous Fleming Jr.
0 4 2 0 1 9
Jason Jitoboh
0 0 0 1 1 0
Elijah Kennedy
0 0 0 0 0 3
Totals 40 11 9 10 71 ..... Oh yeah, these guys can improve. "All aboard.! Gator fans."

Last edited:

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Didn't watch, forgot it was today. Sorry I missed it, but did NOT expect Gator win. I need a reason to hope, but cmw better not be teasing me. I gave up on him a while ago.

Anyway, a win over the nole$ is always a great day!

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
A glimmer of hope on an otherwise disastrous UF sports year. We beat FSU and Mullen still gets fired.......much better.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Good win. I had to leave at half but obviously something got better. Not a great FSU team, but neither is UF, so any win against an equal opponent is a good win.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
I’m glad the losing streak is over. It’s about time. I’m not getting my hopes up yet. Whitey has let me down too many times.

1EyeVern

Lifetime Member
Oct 19, 2016
Good win. I had to leave at half but obviously something got better. Not a great FSU team, but neither is UF, so any win against an equal opponent is a good win.
Kind of early to state "not a great FSU team". Based on last 4 years, FSU has produced in the NCAA tournament.
Also, this gator team is totally rebuilt with transfers (not a fan), however, you have to admit if you saw the game that something is different. Personality, attitude, ego, etc! I love it!

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Kind of early to state "not a great FSU team". Based on last 4 years, FSU has produced in the NCAA tournament.
Also, this gator team is totally rebuilt with transfers (not a fan), however, you have to admit if you saw the game that something is different. Personality, attitude, ego, etc! I love it!

No disagreement, so please let me clarify. I saw the first half. The team that was on the floor for FSU in the first half is "currently" not a great team. They were much better the prior few years. They may develop into a very good team, but as of today FSU is not a great team. Either way still a good win for UF, and Mike gets very few of them.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Before the season I heard White say this was his best passing team. I saw that today. And someone said its his toughest team. halffasss u plays in your face def. Fla did the same today. Was even till the 9 min mark and then fla made a run and never stepped off the gas. Was good to break that streak and hammer them. I think with Keyonte last year we win.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
This was probably the first time in the Mike white era that I liked how we defended. We got up in their ****

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I'm gonna try not to get too high. Especially after just 1 game this early in the year. We don't really how good fsu is. But this is an older group. 1st we've had in a very long time. We looked like a tough selfless team that plays together today.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
I love defense and today showed we can play tough. We have multiple guys with some dog in them. I think McKissick and Fleming are going to get even more aggressive as they adapt to this level. Both were Defensive POY in their leagues last year. Castleton and Jurugi are bringing the heat as well.

My concerns early:

Appleby and Jones are dependable ball handlers but the rest are shaky. Foul trouble or injury will hurt us bad. McKissick and Fleming are over dribbling.

Size is a problem. Jihtobo still looks unreliable. I am hoping Felder adjusts. He’s only 6’7 but plays tough on film. He only got a couple minutes today.

Inconsistent outside shooting. However Jones is as good a shooter as Noah Locke was and better at every other thing. Clear upgrade.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Wow what a surprising turn of events! Complete and utter DOMINATION of FSU in the 2nd half when past teams would have wilted. Our guys showed heart and toughness and DESTROYED FSU for the first time in a long time with a well overdue win over the clowns. White still has to go but what a HUGE Win for our Gators! Castleton the star of the show but Duriji really showed out too. This Gators team plays well together but its still early in the season. We have to clean up all those turnovers we had. Go Gators!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator