Gator Basketball ***Official Game Thread BBALL*** Florida vs Texas A&M

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
Reversing the out of bounds call was the final dagger. None of the refs called a foul on the play so the only thing they should have been able to discuss was who it went off of. They can't go back and huddle and say, "hey, you think that was a foul? Maybe we should change it to a foul."
They did us a favor. Might lead to Mike's early exit.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
What I see....

JUNIORS:
CJ Felder - meh
J. Jitoboh - meh

SOPHMORES:
A. Klatsky - hope there isn't a scholarship being wasted here
J. May - see above
T. Gatkek - doubtful there is growth
N. Lane - didn't see enough to have an opinion

FRESHMEN:
E. Kennedy - potential, maybe
K. Reeves - potential, def 3pt shooter

I agree, not much talent for next year.
The incoming freshman class was one of the better for White lead by 5 star forward Malik Reneau, but you have to wonder if it will fall apart now. Even if we keep these 3 freshman (which is doubtful) we would need help from the portal for at least a couple players including a big and a PG. If we get our wish with a new HC, you can figure he would pilfer his current school for some current players and some committed 2022 class recruits, which has been the trend. But like most recent years, it will be damn near a complete new roster next year.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
And of course Auburn never even got off the bus and completely rolling over for aTm just to rub salt in our wounds.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
And of course Auburn never even got off the bus and completely rolling over for aTm just to rub salt in our wounds.

I give TAMU a lot of credit.
They play like a team that is desperate for a tournament bid and they are in Auburn’s faces just like us yesterday.
The difference will be that Pearl will adjust and Auburn will most likely turn it around in the second half.
Kinda painful to watch teams that are totally locked in and playing hard. Maybe someday we can be like them

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
I give TAMU a lot of credit.
They play like a team that is desperate for a tournament bid and they are in Auburn’s faces just like us yesterday.
The difference will be that Pearl will adjust and Auburn will most likely turn it around in the second half.
Kinda painful to watch teams that are totally locked in and playing hard. Maybe someday we can be like them
I doubt Auburn is coming back from 16 down at the half. And by the way we are the team that turned it around in the second half. I seem to remember coming back for like 15 down in the second half and forcing OT. Then pretty much had the win sealed up until a reversed call and miracle "close your eyes and chuck it" 3 at the buzzer.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
This is a list from an "insider." These are your only options. Who do you want? I hope the insider is just trolling.

Shaka (Khan) Smart
Bob Richey (google it)
Mike White
Drew Valentine (see note #2 above)
Speedy Claxton (Hofstra)

I doubt Shaka leaves Marquette. Whoever is that insider they need to do some more inside work.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
I sure as hell ain't watching the effing NIT unless we play FSU.

I swear Mike White is as snakebit as a coach can get. I feel bad for Castleton especially. He was literally praying when the zebras huddled up to seal our fate.

With our luck, I fully expect White to have great success at Ole Miss while we wallow in the sh*t-pile of the bottom of the SEC with our new coach for the next few years.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
What I see....

JUNIORS:
CJ Felder - meh
J. Jitoboh - meh

SOPHMORES:
A. Klatsky - hope there isn't a scholarship being wasted here
J. May - see above
T. Gatkek - doubtful there is growth
N. Lane - didn't see enough to have an opinion

FRESHMEN:
E. Kennedy - potential, maybe
K. Reeves - potential, def 3pt shooter

I agree, not much talent for next year.

I like:
Felder
Jit (if he can stay healthy and leaner)
Gatkek
Lane
Kennedy
Reeves

If we can manage to keep that 6 and the 3 incoming Freshmen, we'd need 3 to 4 transfers to fill out the roster.
I don't see Klatsky or May keeping a scholarship under a new coach, so hopefully they'd be our only transfers.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I doubt Auburn is coming back from 16 down at the half. And by the way we are the team that turned it around in the second half. I seem to remember coming back for like 15 down in the second half and forcing OT. Then pretty much had the win sealed up until a reversed call and miracle "close your eyes and chuck it" 3 at the buzzer.

It looks like you are right about Auburn, they look done.
I think we have different takes on the game yesterday
I saw a gator team get way behind quickly because the opponent jumped our azzes and we turned the ball over like 20 times.
We only got back in it very late because TAMU took their feet off the gas in the last minute or so. We trailed from start to finish minus a few seconds.
The call reversal was huge and I must say I have never seen that before in nearly 45 years but it didn’t win the game for TAMU.
At the end they made a shot and we didn’t. They outplayed us all day and deserved to win.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I sure as hell ain't watching the effing NIT unless we play FSU.

I swear Mike White is as snakebit as a coach can get. I feel bad for Castleton especially. He was literally praying when the zebras huddled up to seal our fate.

With our luck, I fully expect White to have great success at Ole Miss while we wallow in the sh*t-pile of the bottom of the SEC with our new coach for the next few years.

Given the bowl loss to UCF this season, we would probably lose to FSU in the NIT as a fitting close to the season.
Both of our programs have the same problem but only one of them has been addressed.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
UCF is outperforming UF in basketball this year. I'm not accounting for the strength of opponents, though.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
This is a list from an "insider." These are your only options. Who do you want? I hope the insider is just trolling.

Shaka (Khan) Smart
Bob Richey (google it)
Mike White
Drew Valentine (see note #2 above)
Speedy Claxton (Hofstra)
Keep Mike white if those are my choices. Shaka? Would equivalent to hiring Charlie strong in football

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Sean Miller. Who gives a Fuchs if he cheats. If you don’t self-report, you ain’t getting caught. Even if you do, nothing will happen. Look around…no one gets punished anymore.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Rumor is Ole Miss is retaining their coach. So, that avenue looks like it is gone. Whitey is like a bad STD, he just won’t go away.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator