Gator Basketball ***Official Game Thread BBALL*** Florida vs Texas A&M

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Man his record at Texas and Marquette is worse than what White's done here.

It’s pretty clear that Shaka is much ado about nothing. He has a fantastic pedigree and the backing of everyone in the game but he just can’t get it done.

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
It’s pretty clear that Shaka is much ado about nothing. He has a fantastic pedigree and the backing of everyone in the game but he just can’t get it done.
Reminds me of Mike White a little bit. Super smart basketball guy that everyone in the business likes and respects.... except the players don't. Give me a Bruce Pearl type over a Shaka Smart any day. I always liked BP. You could see that his players love him and play their asses off for him. All he did wrong was have weekly BBQ's at his home and let some kids have a beer or two. The dude can motivate and recruit. Kids love playing for him. That's what we need.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Should go after the Murray State HC, if not then FF would be perfect for either basketball or baseball, would be a powerhouse of a program no doubt.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
I like:
Felder
Jit (if he can stay healthy and leaner)
Gatkek
Lane
Kennedy
Reeves

If we can manage to keep that 6 and the 3 incoming Freshmen, we'd need 3 to 4 transfers to fill out the roster.
I don't see Klatsky or May keeping a scholarship under a new coach, so hopefully they'd be our only transfers.

I agree.

I really see promise in Felder, Lane and Reeves. Jit made real good improvement and at the very least will be a capable backup. I didn’t see enough of Kennedy but I think there is some talent there. Gatkek needs to gain no less than 25-30 lbs. He has very weak hands.

If we can hold onto the 3 commits we have hope. Any coach should be able to pull in at least 2 from the portal. Need a solid big and a PG. Probably a solid spot up shooter as well.

Felder is MW’s Dameon Pierce. I’ll die on that hill just like I did with Pierce. The kid is tough, can rebound, can defend all over the court and can extend on his shot. Maybe he has a bad attitude otherwise I don’t get it.

Like Mullen MW just inexplicably refuses to give minutes to key assets. Felder, Reeves and Lane never knew if they were going to get 5 minutes…or 20 minutes or unbelievably….if they would play at all. Never could establish a rhythm. Sometimes immediately following a strong performance they would sit the next game. It was maddening.

I coached this game for 30 years. Sometimes we just over-coach. It just seems too easy to get the right guys on the court and trust them. But the most successful coaches are great at assessing talent and understand who belongs on the court.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Should go after the Murray State HC, if not then FF would be perfect for either basketball or baseball, would be a powerhouse of a program no doubt.
If a coaching search does happen, McMahon would be my 1st choice

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Reminds me of Mike White a little bit. Super smart basketball guy that everyone in the business likes and respects.... except the players don't. Give me a Bruce Pearl type over a Shaka Smart any day. I always liked BP. You could see that his players love him and play their asses off for him. All he did wrong was have weekly BBQ's at his home and let some kids have a beer or two. The dude can motivate and recruit. Kids love playing for him. That's what we need.

I think the fact that he lied to the NCAA and tried to convince the recruits and their families to lie was what got him in trouble.
But with that said, what exactly would qualify as cheating now and given that it is somewhat universal, why wouldn’t we play the same game that Duke, North Carolina, Kansas, and Kentucky are playing?
Bragging about a clean program these days makes us look stupid.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I think the fact that he lied to the NCAA and tried to convince the recruits and their families to lie was what got him in trouble.
But with that said, what exactly would qualify as cheating now and given that it is somewhat universal, why wouldn’t we play the same game that Duke, North Carolina, Kansas, and Kentucky are playing?
Bragging about a clean program these days makes us look stupid.

Lots of reasons, but you can't play that game when the gym you play in a piece of shyt that can't even attract flies. No amount of money or hookers is going to get players here. They tore down the wrong facility when they tore sown the baseball park. When some local hack that no one has heard of is calling for Mike to be shown the door, that means it easily YEARS too late. We been talking about it for years that our wannabe AD is not a BBall coach. But then again our so called actual AD's are also complete morons which is why we are stuck in quicksand.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Lots of reasons, but you can't play that game when the gym you play in a piece of shyt that can't even attract flies. No amount of money or hookers is going to get players here. They tore down the wrong facility when they tore sown the baseball park. When some local hack that no one has heard of is calling for Mike to be shown the door, that means it easily YEARS too late. We been talking about it for years that our wannabe AD is not a BBall coach. But then again our so called actual AD's are also complete morons which is why we are stuck in quicksand.

So you think we should continue to refuse to be competitive in today’s college basketball?

grengadgy

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
TAM up 21 points on Arky with 2:30 left in game

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Wow so I guess TAM was the real deal as they are TRASHING Ark by 20 points late in the 2nd half. Ark was an overwhelming favorite at 6 points and given a 70% chance to win the game easily. Our boy Musselman can be had VERY cheap now so we should go and get him.

grengadgy

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Wow so I guess TAM was the real deal as they are TRASHING Ark by 20 points late in the 2nd half. Ark was an overwhelming favorite at 6 points and given a 70% chance to win the game easily. Our boy Musselman can be had VERY cheap now so we should go and get him.
82 - 64 TAM

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Maybe we go after Buzz Williams now? Providence coach is OUT of our search now after getting DESTROYED by 30 points by Creighton while they were a 3 point fav and 70% chance to win, wow. Or do we go after the Nevada coach? @NVGator what is the intel on their coach? Or how about the GWebb coach? @gardnerwebbgator what is the intel on their coach?

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Buzz Williams was easily available while doing a good job at Marquette. Buzz Williams was available while bringing back a VTech program that was asleep. Buzz Williams is no longer an option for a program like UF. Proactivity gets you potential good HC's not being reactionary.

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Maybe we go after Buzz Williams now? Providence coach is OUT of our search now after getting DESTROYED by 30 points by Creighton while they were a 3 point fav and 70% chance to win, wow. Or do we go after the Nevada coach? @NVGator what is the intel on their coach? Or how about the GWebb coach? @gardnerwebbgator what is the intel on their coach?
We won't be getting another good power 5 coach imo

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
College basketball needs a scientific center for immersive training of beyond entry-level coaches. Reverse engineer Mike White.? uuhh perverse engineer Mike White.
Where are the new coaches of worth.?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator