Gator Basketball ***Official Game Thread BBALL*** Florida vs UCONN

grengadgy

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Still alot of individual play on offense but U Conn did give Bama their only loss of the season by 15 points. Bama might be the SEC's strongest team this year.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
How do you think our record shapes up this season? Looking like a 16-15 type season and NIT berth as of right now and that is being generous.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Record amount of time for me to become apathetic about a basketball season. UF basketball soaring to new heights under Stricklin’s leadership
I feel your pain. This sucks.

Bill Murray Hug GIF

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
I'm sure as hell glad we don't have Bennett coaching this team. Imagine the game would have looked like if we and been playing solid defense and using the shot clock to get the best available shot instead putting it up with 15 seconds left on the clock.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Didn’t see the game.** Is there any reason to believe that IF Golden can recruit top talent, we might have some better basketball in the next 2-3 years?

**I’m in OH renovating my oldest daughter’s bathroom, so GC is about my only link to the outside world right now… and that’s pretty limited.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Didn’t see the game.** Is there any reason to believe that IF Golden can recruit top talent, we might have some better basketball in the next 2-3 years?

**I’m in OH renovating my oldest daughter’s bathroom, so GC is about my only link to the outside world right now… and that’s pretty limited.
Yes, if we have better players we will play better. However how on earth is Golden Globes going to get us top talent? Our days as being viewed as a landing spot for top talent are way behind us and most players have no idea who Golden is, just like we had no idea right up until the time he was hired.

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
I was duped yet again. Really thought we had something that would translate to wins quickly. Guess we better hope this diamond in the rough pans out or Scotty too hotty will be shown the door
This might be best case scenario. Move on from Stricklin. Let Sasse find us a hungry Nebraskian who wants to win like it was the early to mid 90's (Braska won 3 titles during that period-- they were Bama.)

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
My feelings aren't hurt, why........ Because I never expected to win...

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I'm sure as hell glad we don't have Bennett coaching this team. Imagine the game would have looked like if we and been playing solid defense and using the shot clock to get the best available shot instead putting it up with 15 seconds left on the clock.

The horror of watching a disciplined team play intelligent, winning basketball that looks nothing like the NBA circus.
We sure dodged a bullet on that one.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Better players never hurts the cause but what I am seeing transcends talent. An inability or an unwillingness to play the game the right way is a disease that talent cannot cure.

I am desperately hoping that at some point in the near future the light will come on with these guys but last night knocked the wind out of my sails for a while and not feeling very confident.

As others have said, those watching knew the game was over by the under 12 timeout in the first half.
UConn put on a Billy Donovan caliber clinic on Billy Donovan Court last night.

Congratulations to Danny Hurley for reminding the gator nation what a real basketball team looks like.

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
Is it too late to get back together with Mike White? His UGAy teams are going to own us for the foreseeable future. Plus, he was a great recruiter. He sucked as a coach but found a way to bring in talent year after year. We boned now. BB gods to punish us hard.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Is it too late to get back together with Mike White? His UGAy teams are going to own us for the foreseeable future. Plus, he was a great recruiter. He sucked as a coach but found a way to bring in talent year after year. We boned now. BB gods to punish us hard.
No. But Golden right now is not an upgrade from Mike White. The admin got all impressed with Golden's use of analytics and modernizing the basketball program. Maybe they forgot coaches need to be good in game coaches. We shall see in the next year or so what Golden can do, but again I'm not getting optimistic here.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I watched the first half and sadly I still see almost the exact same offense that Mike ran. The ball continues to stick way too much after each pass. I agree that UConn is good, but offensively they are challenged and throw a lot of lazy and ill advised passes. I saw they had 15 TO's and saw many in the 1st half. But they had more off the ball movement that UF, even if the movement was really nothing more than just to get the defense moving. If UConn matches up with Houston, that will be one of those 51-50 nail biters.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Last night’s game looked a lot like a Mike White. Coaches team. No ball movement. A lot of standing around waiting and watching while the winning team never stopped moving.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator