Gator Basketball ***Official Game Thread BBALL*** Florida vs UCONN

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
No. But Golden right now is not an upgrade from Mike White. The admin got all impressed with Golden's use of analytics and modernizing the basketball program. Maybe they forgot coaches need to be good in game coaches. We shall see in the next year or so what Golden can do, but again I'm not getting optimistic here.
Analytics are scam. This fast talking San Fran Man somehow (looking at you Kamala) sucked his way onto Billy Donovan court. Analytics are just statistics said another way. Hey look, we play better and score more points when Castleton and Kowacie are on the court at the same time. Who knew?!?! Analytics won't help ya if you can't coach.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Analytics are scam. This fast talking San Fran Man somehow (looking at you Kamala) sucked his way onto Billy Donovan court. Analytics are just statistics said another way. Hey look, we play better and score more points when Castleton and Kowacie are on the court at the same time. Who knew?!?! Analytics won't help ya if you can't coach.
Correct. They don't give timeouts to run analytics on their ipads.

g8tr76

Lifetime Member
Mar 28, 2016
I watched the game and I saw a UConn team that hustled every possession and at defense for the entire game. They were in our faces inside and at the 3 pt arc. We only made 30% of our shots and 26% from long range. The only time we got a good look was at the charity stripe, but we only made 64% of those.

We also need to do better in the paint; Jitoboh only got 8 minutes and 4 of our players were 0-25 from the field including 0-8 from 3-point range. Give UConn credit for a good win, but we need better ball handling and more than 5 points from the bench otherwise it will be a long season.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator