Gator Basketball ***Official Game Thread BBALL*** Florida vs UCONN

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Down 15 and TERRIBLE officiating, have to protect the #5 team in the nation. Golden IRATE with the refs after that last TERRIBLE call. Refreshing to see our coach yelling at the refs again in this game as he has in multiple games so far this year. It was a CLEAR illegal screen and offensive foul and we get called for the foul and 3 fts. TERRIBLE refs again tonight against us. We aren't making shots either but Castleton is getting MUGGED as usual and nothing called. Oh well, game over.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Even Steph Curry said it the other night in his post game interview after a loss, "We gotta make shots, its so simple to say but goes all the way down to junior league basketball"

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Golden sucks and has no business being the head coach at UF. Period.

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017
Castleton playing tight needs to loosen up a little, Need lots of threes to fall in the second half.

LoyalGatorFan

Lifetime Member
Jul 10, 2019
Too much 1 on 5 basketball from us, not nearly enough ball movement to get a good look

Altitude Gator

Lurking from Altitude
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2017
Watching this off and on. Not making shots is one thing, some questionable/desperate shots is another...but, this UCONN team is pretty solid and our D has been pretty good against them.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
UCONN a Final 4 team cause they have the inside out game, good guards, and a couple of 3 point marksmen and experienced players

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Record amount of time for me to become apathetic about a basketball season. UF basketball soaring to new heights under Stricklin’s leadership

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Played two legit teams and blown out by both :lol:

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Lofton, Bonham, Jones and Richard……0 for 17.
Oof!
giphy.gif

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Very disappointing performance tonight.

Yes, UConn is really good and they are clearly out of our league and I said as much before the game but, wow what an embarrassing performance.

Castleton was taken to school in the paint on both ends and his teammates played total panic ball on offense all night giving us absolutely no chance.
Not sure where this team is going right now but it doesn’t look good.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
I was duped yet again. Really thought we had something that would translate to wins quickly. Guess we better hope this diamond in the rough pans out or Scotty too hotty will be shown the door

Altitude Gator

Lurking from Altitude
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2017
The effort was there. Just not the skill. It showed defensively until it was too much. We have no one that can consistently score and no offensive identity that I could identify.

This dude better be able to recruit or this is another failed rising coach hire.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
We are a bad basketball team. I don’t really see much hope going forward and probably for the first time in 4 decades, won’t be watching. Yes, This is a really good UCONN team, but so are a lot of the teams in the SEC. I don’t remember, even under white, a home game where after the first few minutes it was obvious we were way out of our league and there was zero chance of a comeback. We are a bottom 3rd of the league type team with no realistic hope of making the tournament. Fuk you foley and Stricklin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator