Gator Basketball ***Official Game Thread BBALL*** Florida vs West Virginia

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
This is only the 3rd game I've been able to watch. We're just not that talented imo. It's gonna be a long year.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Down 29, 4 min to go

Ill Be Back Jim Carrey GIF

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Just when you think this athletic department can’t sink us any lower…..Stricklin gotta answer for this

Aaron Paul He Cant Keep Getting Away With This GIF by Breaking Bad

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
And you guy wonder why I follow UVA hoops. I have to have a team for college basketball to stay interested. I'd love for it to be my alma mater but GD, it's ugly for awhile. I watched about 5 minutes and we look like Mike Whites team. I guess that's to be expected.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
And you guy wonder why I follow UVA hoops. I have to have a team for college basketball to stay interested. I'd love for it to be my alma mater but GD, it's ugly for awhile. I watched about 5 minutes and we look like Mike Whites team. I guess that's to be expected.

Isn’t UVA the school with the championship winning coach that wanted to come to Florida but Scottie wouldn’t agree to the salary?

Scottie and Jeremy are so impressed with themselves they would never hire an established coach, that would be silly when you can find the next Donovan.
P.S. There is no next Donovan out there.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I never in my life thought I would have to listen to announcers as bad as Vitale but I was clearly wrong.
These two freaking morons spent the first five minutes of live action talking about the logos on top of sandwiches one can purchase at Michael Jordan’s restaurant. This was from the the opening jump until the under 16 timeout.
F@@king Sandwiches!!

This comes after these two gave us an overview of high school basketball in Virginia and Maryland for the entire second half the other night.
Where does ESPN find these people and is there a return policy?

It was so bad that I ultimately chose to go do something else with my life last night. After seeing the outcome it seems I made a wise decision.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Bored Episode 15 GIF by The Simpsons

This pains me. Mike White made me apathetic. This isn't helping. I know it's season 1, but I was not particularly excited about the hire. Hope I'm wrong in the long run, and Golden has an exciting brand of basketball.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
It may work out in the long run, but why are we so hell bent on hiring up and comers? There were established coaches who wanted this job (or so I’ve read). Our admin loves taking the gambles

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Bored Episode 15 GIF by The Simpsons

This pains me. Mike White made me apathetic. This isn't helping. I know it's season 1, but I was not particularly excited about the hire. Hope I'm wrong in the long run, and Golden has an exciting brand of basketball.
Don’t get your hopes up.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
It may work out in the long run, but why are we so hell bent on hiring up and comers? There were established coaches who wanted this job (or so I’ve read). Our admin loves taking the gambles
Just made this same statement in another thread about football as well. We could have gotten a proven head coach to take over the program, or a guy like Jerome Tang with years of experience in a great program (K state is 6-0). It's the stupid Foley approach to hiring....find the diamond in the rough.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

One word answer: ARROGANCE

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Just made this same statement in another thread about football as well. We could have gotten a proven head coach to take over the program, or a guy like Jerome Tang with years of experience in a great program (K state is 6-0). It's the stupid Foley approach to hiring....find the diamond in the rough.

First thought when we made this hire: “Who?!?”

Now of course, through twitter talking heads and people covering the team, I bought in hook, line and sinker :lol:

Hope he’s as smart and savvy as they sold us on, so far not really seeing it

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.