Gator Basketball ***Official Game Thread BBALL*** Florida vs West Virginia

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Isn’t UVA the school with the championship winning coach that wanted to come to Florida but Scottie wouldn’t agree to the salary?

Scottie and Jeremy are so impressed with themselves they would never hire an established coach, that would be silly when you can find the next Donovan.
P.S. There is no next Donovan out there.
I emailed Fooley when Billy quit the first time and said please hire Bennett who was than at Wash St. Billy returned so whatever. The feedback I got from people around the program was that Bennett played a style that would not be enjoyable to the fans so therefore he probably would not ever be a candidate. Sound fundamentals and consistent winning are apparently not what the fans are interested in according to the muckity mucks

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
I emailed Fooley when Billy quit the first time and said please hire Bennett who was than at Wash St. Billy returned so whatever. The feedback I got from people around the program was that Bennett played a style that would not be enjoyable to the fans so therefore he probably would not ever be a candidate. Sound fundamentals and consistent winning are apparently not what the fans are interested in according to the muckity mucks
Fans would have gotten over the style of play when Tony was WINNING.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Wow. G
And you guy wonder why I follow UVA hoops. I have to have a team for college basketball to stay interested. I'd love for it to be my alma mater but GD, it's ugly for awhile. I watched about 5 minutes and we look like Mike Whites team. I guess that's to be expected.
This is much worse than whitey. Sure, white would have lost this game, but not by 29. Stricklin should definitely be on the clock. The new president can’t be happy and should be evaluating everything, starting with who the hell hired is this cowbell pansy to my elite institution?

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
I never in my life thought I would have to listen to announcers as bad as Vitale but I was clearly wrong.
These two freaking morons spent the first five minutes of live action talking about the logos on top of sandwiches one can purchase at Michael Jordan’s restaurant. This was from the the opening jump until the under 16 timeout.
F@@king Sandwiches!!

This comes after these two gave us an overview of high school basketball in Virginia and Maryland for the entire second half the other night.
Where does ESPN find these people and is there a return policy?

It was so bad that I ultimately chose to go do something else with my life last night. After seeing the outcome it seems I made a wise decision.
Sounds like they were actually doing a pretty good job. There’s not much to say basketball wise about UWV vs our little sisters of the poor. We’re a complete joke at this point. Thank God for the nulls sucking even worse, taking a little bit of the heat off.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Remember, Golden Showers highest finish in that powerful WCC (Gonzaga and everyone else) was 4th.

Starkville Mediocrity rearing it's ugly head in Hogtown yet again.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
It's 2022. We should be happy with losing. It means there's a "process."

This is what we can strive to be at the moment:

Lose Kevin James GIF by TV Land

g8tr76

Lifetime Member
Mar 28, 2016
34% for field goals, 11% from 3 point range and only 60% at the charity stripe. Missed layups, too many 3 point attempts and inability to score in the paint. Add that to sloppy and lack of controlled playing and we have the perfect loss.

Watching our ball handlers haphazardly pass to a steal and opponent's score was more than I could drink away. At least, our football games are an hour longer giving me enough time to get 3 more Johnnie Walkers down!

Last edited:

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
Isn’t UVA the school with the championship winning coach that wanted to come to Florida but Scottie wouldn’t agree to the salary?

Scottie and Jeremy are so impressed with themselves they would never hire an established coach, that would be silly when you can find the next Donovan.
P.S. There is no next Donovan out there.
Tony Bennett is an incredible coach. He's getting ready to be another thorn in the side of every one in the ACC with a lot less talent than Duke and UNC. If you want an example of what good coaching can do with 2-3 star athletes you won't find a better example. Of course there are many on this board that want no part of him because they don't like his approach to the game, you know, playing great defense and doesn't pull up at half court and shoot 3's. His teams actually make an effort to run an offense first. You don't rebound and play defense...you don't play period and feel free to transfer. But I don't see him leaving UVA, I think he loves his position there.

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Did you see the polls today. Yeah...UF fans could never except being 3rd in the country. And avg home attendance for them is 13,800. Whats ours? Half that.
Issue here like in football is a roster that had horrible players last year is half the roster this year and then all transfers basically. Need a roster overhaul and an influx of non Mike White players, 60% of the starters to begin the year were returners, 1 of which is being disciplined or basically quitting, 1 shouldn't be a starter on an SEC team, and the 3rd is Castleton who has been awesome or really bad. If you want to fault Golden it would be for taking on such a horrible roster but willing to retain anyone who wanted to stay. Jones and Lane should have been moved on from. Bennett or anyone else would have been in the same spot as Golden. Comes down to how we recruit, especially for the 2024 season. Coming into a dumpster fire that White left was always going to have an up and down first year. Louisville was in a similar situation and hired Kenny Payne after 10 years at UK and 2 with the Knicks... they are 0-7. We were never getting Bennett...period. He wasn't coming

grengadgy

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Remember, Golden Showers highest finish in that powerful WCC (Gonzaga and everyone else) was 4th.

Starkville Mediocrity rearing it's ugly head in Hogtown yet again.
In his 2nd year he beat Bennett and Virginia,. Just saying......

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Not sure where to post this but how funny is this? Not good enough for White, but good enough to get serious minutes in the NBA :lol:

grengadgy

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He got an average of 33 minutes per game at Florida (2 years)
For Gonzaga got an average of 31 minutes per game (2 years)
:dunno:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator