Gator Basketball ***Official Game Thread BBALL*** Gators throttle #14 Bama 105-87

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Part of this is that we are a good offensive team that plays at a really high pace, and part of this is rule changes over time.

The shot clock went from 35 to 30 in 2015 and last year they made it so it resets to 20 instead of 30 on an offensive board.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It's great to be a lock for the tournament with a game left to play in the regular season.

I wouldn't have hated seeing the 3 senior walk-ons come on the floor in the last 2 minutes of the blowout on senior night, but I also understand trying to hold onto the big margin as tournament seeding can be a beauty contest.

Fodderwing

Lifetime Member
Feb 2, 2017
It's great to be a lock for the tournament with a game left to play in the regular season.

I wouldn't have hated seeing the 3 senior walk-ons come on the floor in the last 2 minutes of the blowout on senior night, but I also understand trying to hold onto the big margin as tournament seeding can be a beauty contest.

Hopefully they can get 2 to 5 minutes each up in Trashville this week.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Ox after waking up and seeing the L he took:

Big Cats GIF by NETFLIX

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Best feel good game of the year. We may have given up 50 in second half but we outscored them BOTH halves. Our fellas outplayed bama at their own game. Run their asses off. It was fun to watch. Imagine if these kids had been here last year. If Todd can keep bringing talent like this the future looks good. And not only talent but tough kids with good attitudes. I saw Riley make some great plays last night. I hope the portal and NIL does not ruin this team....love the Petty song in there. I guess it was near the end of the game when the ass whooping was beyond change. Announcers seemed shocked after bama could never make that run. The run was our office pushing it so well. Aberdeen even played his best game to me.
THIS IS THE TIME of year to be playing at your highest level.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Best feel good game of the year. We may have given up 50 in second half but we outscored them BOTH halves. Our fellas outplayed bama at their own game. Run their asses off. It was fun to watch. Imagine if these kids had been here last year. If Todd can keep bringing talent like this the future looks good. And not only talent but tough kids with good attitudes. I saw Riley make some great plays last night. I hope the portal and NIL does not ruin this team....love the Petty song in there. I guess it was near the end of the game when the ass whooping was beyond change. Announcers seemed shocked after bama could never make that run. The run was our office pushing it so well. Aberdeen even played his best game to me.
The 2nd half score was about the same as a Virginia whole game score. Pretty amazing.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
There'd be no Pullin without the portal... can cut both ways!

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Probably our best win of the season--outside of our first 5 shots, we were comfortably in control throughout, even with the refs trying to help Bama out for the first part of the second half (last ten minutes was pretty even).

Complete team performance--we're hitting our stride at just the right part of the season.
Did not get to watch. Did Bama play zone and if so apparently we handled it?

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
Did not get to watch. Did Bama play zone and if so apparently we handled it?

Truthfully, don't remember them in zone too much--but this was one of those nights where everything we were doing was working and there's not a lot any defense can do if the shots are consistently going down.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I haven’t looked at the stats but it felt like we dominated in the paint. Lived at the FT line due to that and sank those FTs. Good effort all the way around. Gators definitely came to play!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.