Gator Basketball ***Official Game Thread BBALL*** NCAA Tourney - Colorado vs UF

Schwifty

Sep 4, 2016
Nobody talks about the botched alley-oop in the first half. That actually bit us in the azz more than it appeared at the time.

Sure, the Gators could have played better D but at the same time, when all the fouls are going against you (most of them very weak), wouldn’t that alter your defensive play when you know the ref will blow the whistle for so much as breathing on them?

Bottom line this season was the most fun I’ve had watching Gator Bball since ‘17. Hope Clayton comes back. Will definitely miss Pullin and Samuel. And Condon might be one of the toughest guys I’ve seen suit up for us as a freshman.

Go Gators!

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
For all you Handlogten haters, Florida is 0-2 with him out of the lineup. Still want him to transfer out? Some may want to belittle my statement, but it remains a hard, cold FACT!

Name one person who has said they want Handlogten to transfer, please. Nobody is a Handlogten hater (except maybe Ox, tough to read him sometimes).

And no, you can't point at me, I was trying to point out we still have a good chance. Thanks for the downvote, though. Lets me know your reading and comprehension level right out of the gate.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Refs had 4-5 blown calls. Blown badly. But it happens. Suck it up buttercup and play better so the refs aren't a factor.

I have nothing against CO. They played their best, probably their best all year, and took what the refs and our defense gave them. Which, by the box score, was 63% shooting, 60% from 3, and 85% on FT. Hard to beat ANY team hitting at that level. Now, I know we spent a good bit of this season pointing to our defense and how every team seemed to have their best night of 3pt shooting whenever they played us, but this was a complete game by CO.

I am not angry. We could have done better, we have shown we can absolutely done worse. I'm sad, feel bad for Sameul & Pullin, but I expect nearly everyone to come back (maybe not Kugel, and I'm ok on that one either way). Mostly, I'm sad it's over when it could have kept going. But, in fairness, not many picked us to even make the big dance, or have the record we did. So, kudos to Todd & the boys. Congratulations on raising our expectations of you going forward. You gave us something to actually care about, which is rare these days in college sports, at least at UF. Thanks, and make the most of your off-season, we expect a lot from you next year and you aren't going to surprise anyone after what you did this year.

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
Refs had 4-5 blown calls. Blown badly. But it happens. Suck it up buttercup and play better so the refs aren't a factor.

I have nothing against CO. They played their best, probably their best all year, and took what the refs and our defense gave them. Which, by the box score, was 63% shooting, 60% from 3, and 85% on FT. Hard to beat ANY team hitting at that level. Now, I know we spent a good bit of this season pointing to our defense and how every team seemed to have their best night of 3pt shooting whenever they played us, but this was a complete game by CO.

I am not angry. We could have done better, we have shown we can absolutely done worse. I'm sad, feel bad for Sameul & Pullin, but I expect nearly everyone to come back (maybe not Kugel, and I'm ok on that one either way). Mostly, I'm sad it's over when it could have kept going. But, in fairness, not many picked us to even make the big dance, or have the record we did. So, kudos to Todd & the boys. Congratulations on raising our expectations of you going forward. You gave us something to actually care about, which is rare these days in college sports, at least at UF. Thanks, and make the most of your off-season, we expect a lot from you next year and you aren't going to surprise anyone after what you did this year.
Well said. The Silver lining of this loss is hidden in the fact that Strick is now fireable if Billy bombs this fall. If we had made a deep tourney run and confirmed Golden boy as a great young hire, Stricknine could be unfireable.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Well said. The Silver lining of this loss is hidden in the fact that Strick is now fireable if Billy bombs this fall. If we had made a deep tourney run and confirmed Golden boy as a great young hire, Stricknine could be unfireable.

I like the way you think. Chess, not checkers.

Thank you, Todd for seeing the bigger picture

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Sure, he slipped stumbled back after the push off. It's like saying a guy that gets arrested and says, "yo man, that dude fell on a knife 5 times".

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
In just 2 seasons, the basketball program has progressed positively and has hope for the future unlike when we had MW. Our defense needs work so maybe we can reel in Tony Bennett as an assistant to help coach up defense since it appears his time at UVA is about up. TG really knows how to work the portal and get the most out of guys. He brought in this current team of afterthoughts and really had them meshing well together. We were picked to finish 10th in the SEC by some publications and 24 wins was way over the expectation for this team that should have been a 6 seed. Hopefully this core of players stays together and we are able to add some more complimentary pieces so we can keep this momentum going. Go Gators!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator