Gator Basketball ***Official Game Thread BBALL*** NCAA Tourney - Colorado vs UF

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
In just 2 seasons, the basketball program has progressed positively and has hope for the future unlike when we had MW. Our defense needs work so maybe we can reel in Tony Bennett as an assistant to help coach up defense since it appears his time at UVA is about up. TG really knows how to work the portal and get the most out of guys. He brought in this current team of afterthoughts and really had them meshing well together. We were picked to finish 10th in the SEC by some publications and 24 wins was way over the expectation for this team that should have been a 6 seed. Hopefully this core of players stays together and we are able to add some more complimentary pieces so we can keep this momentum going. Go Gators!!
Agree with the sentiment but the portal players were anything but afterthoughts. We had the consensus top portal group by a wide margin. I’m actually equally or more impressed with his recruitment of the two standout freshmen.

And sorry but we didn’t get the most out of the team. This team had way too much talent for a first round exit. It goes back to what durty was saying about the state of gator fandom. Everyone is satisfied with the job Golden is doing and the contrast to simple Bill is stark, but there’s no denying this team was built for a potential deep run but we just can’t seem to avoid stepping on our own Johnson. First the injury to Micah, then the bogus seeding. Even Colorado getting a play-in game was bs considering they are literally one of the hottest teams in the nation having won like 11 of their last 12 games now coming out of a power 5 conference. Then of course they play the game of their lives and we still had a chance until the cheating ref put the final nail in our coffin. Bottom line is we are snake bit and who knows if we can get over this current curse.

Last edited:

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
meh...not mutually exclusive...plenty of reason to complain about the refs last night but also plenty of reason to look at our defense too.
I went back and watched the game. Golden is still complaining about the refs. He doesn't do that. The refs became national news they were so bad. That rarely happens in a college basketball game. There are articles from reporters who watched the game, not UF writers, wanting that ref staff fired. I change my mind. You can adjust to a tightly called game. As a team, you can't adjust to phantom foul calls. There were too many phantom calls. Still, Golden needs to get the defense fixed next season because they were especially awful the last 13 games of the season.

abefroman

Sausage King
Lifetime Member
Oct 3, 2019
Cool, we‘ll return…

s-l1200.webp

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads