Gator Basketball ***Official Game Thread BBALL*** SEC Tourney - UF comes back against A&M

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Condon is just so damn aggressive. Shoots, guards, rebounds and shoves it back in your face. A freshman. Pay that man

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
This aged well.
It was my efforts that made it happen.
Office Tv Youre Welcome GIF by The Office

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
ABERDEEN!!!

I've been wondering all season wtf is up with Aberdeen? Bench filler, or what? Nice to see him show why he is there and it gives good hope - not just for the big dance, but for the next couple of years. Now I'm stressing just a little less about ZP graduating. Aberdeen isn't a direct replacement, but not a complete void either. Very happy for the young man to have a night like this. Never would have guessed he'd be our leading scorer at halftime, nor for the whole game with 20 (Richard 19, Pullin 16, Clayton 16, and Samuel 15).

For those harping on Handlogten, I was going to argue different. There have been games this season where he has come in and made a difference, kept up our 'bigs' game for us and played very well. However, after the post showing net difference rating between Handlogten and Condon...damn. Hard to argue that. Still, it is such a great luxury to have 4 active bigs you can put thru rotation - nullifies foul trouble, allows you to manage a 'bad night' for any given player. I'd rather have Micah on our team, than play against him. Still, that +/- is impressive.

Another note for me that I haven't seen mentioned is Riley Keugel never saw the court, at least he wasn't in the box score but I don't recall seeing him on the court. Maybe a few minutes in the first half? Idunno. I'm trying to figure out what Todd is doing with his guard rotation - again, a situation of riches given he can mix and match to manage fouls and 'bad nights'. But we all see Pullin is a beast and runs the show. When he's on the bench, I have to take it as giving him a breather and nothing more. Clayton disappears at times, and perhaps that earns him some bench time to see who else is 'on' that night and willing to step up. Richard another guard, sometimes off on his 3pters, but willing to drive and create. More off than not, IMO, but still among our top 3 guards. Kuegel became the active body to throw in there to rest the others, but has shown all season he is too inconsistent to be counted on for much. Aberdeen was at the end of the bench, getting a few scrap minutes in the ends of games until today. IF Aberdeen can maintain this, Keugel may look harder at a transfer. And I'm ok with that, because the minutes he gets are wasted for the team.

Overall, though, gotta love the heart on this team. No quit. If they didn't get themselves in deep holes in games, they'd be blowing people out. I don't know if they need that fighter's mentatlity to kick in, but at least they've shown they have it. Getting punched in the face doesn't phase them, just need to get the guys foused and let them run. It makes it fun for them, and us.

If I had to sum up tonight in one word, though....I'd probably go with

ABERDEEN!!!

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
I've been wondering all season wtf is up with Aberdeen? Bench filler, or what? Nice to see him show why he is there and it gives good hope - not just for the big dance, but for the next couple of years. Now I'm stressing just a little less about ZP graduating. Aberdeen isn't a direct replacement, but not a complete void either. Very happy for the young man to have a night like this. Never would have guessed he'd be our leading scorer at halftime, nor for the whole game with 20 (Richard 19, Pullin 16, Clayton 16, and Samuel 15).

For those harping on Handlogten, I was going to argue different. There have been games this season where he has come in and made a difference, kept up our 'bigs' game for us and played very well. However, after the post showing net difference rating between Handlogten and Condon...damn. Hard to argue that. Still, it is such a great luxury to have 4 active bigs you can put thru rotation - nullifies foul trouble, allows you to manage a 'bad night' for any given player. I'd rather have Micah on our team, than play against him. Still, that +/- is impressive.

Another note for me that I haven't seen mentioned is Riley Keugel never saw the court, at least he wasn't in the box score but I don't recall seeing him on the court. Maybe a few minutes in the first half? Idunno. I'm trying to figure out what Todd is doing with his guard rotation - again, a situation of riches given he can mix and match to manage fouls and 'bad nights'. But we all see Pullin is a beast and runs the show. When he's on the bench, I have to take it as giving him a breather and nothing more. Clayton disappears at times, and perhaps that earns him some bench time to see who else is 'on' that night and willing to step up. Richard another guard, sometimes off on his 3pters, but willing to drive and create. More off than not, IMO, but still among our top 3 guards. Kuegel became the active body to throw in there to rest the others, but has shown all season he is too inconsistent to be counted on for much. Aberdeen was at the end of the bench, getting a few scrap minutes in the ends of games until today. IF Aberdeen can maintain this, Keugel may look harder at a transfer. And I'm ok with that, because the minutes he gets are wasted for the team.

Overall, though, gotta love the heart on this team. No quit. If they didn't get themselves in deep holes in games, they'd be blowing people out. I don't know if they need that fighter's mentatlity to kick in, but at least they've shown they have it. Getting punched in the face doesn't phase them, just need to get the guys foused and let them run. It makes it fun for them, and us.

What was the difference between first half down by 18 and second half? Albeit, we started to close the gap end of first half.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Tuned in late and could only catch glimpses while dealing with dinner. Love seeing them Gator Boys fighting hard to reach the SEC Finals, especially after the up and down season we’ve had. Would love to see them reach the Sweet 16, but maybe I’m crazy.

Go Gators!

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014

Kugel got zero minutes today. I'm guessing he must have screwed up a team rule in order to not even see the court. He will probably play tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator