Gator Basketball ***Official Game Thread BBALL*** SEC Tourney - UF vs AU

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
I keep waiting for Auburn to run out of gas but, when they're hitting 3's from half court, and throwing up/making shots while falling down away from the basket, doesn't appear this is going to be our day.
Probably too late to come back. Proud of the team though.

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
Shameful display by auburn today. Completely relied on the refs allowing them to play football on defense. Fuch every single one of their fans too

Ironhead

Defender of freedom.
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
Damn, Losing is one thing but why the F do we always have to get embarrassed?

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
it’s like Pullen is moving in slow motion. We’re not gonna be able to come back. Our main ballhandler cannot maintain control of the ball and defensively he is a massive liability right now.

Every time he dribbles, he comes to a stop and allows himself to be trapped. Instead of moving and passing on the go. Everyone of his passes is after he comes to a full stop. Which allows him to be trapped.

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
Out of gas, 4th game in 4 days. Horrific injury to start the game. Refs playing for auburn. Hard set of circumstances. Auburn was just the better rested more fortunate team

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Shameful display by auburn today. Completely relied on the refs allowing them to play football on defense. Fuch every single one of their fans too

I think they’re playing a little little tough. But they’re literally just out playing us. It looks like we’re getting fouled, but we’re actually not. The guys are just physically bullying us.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He’s worn out. His legs are shot.
Yeah. I’m just saying that if our point guard is turning the ball over like that, we’re just not gonna be able to win.

It’s fine though. While it would’ve been nice to have an SEC championship, it wouldn’t have had much impact on the seeding.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
when I saw the injury and the bench faces I knew it would be almost impossible today. The real season is next week. By then I hope they are rested and able to deal with the Handlogen injury.

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
We were down 1 in the 2nd half with our starting C breaking his leg 2 min into the game and playing our 4th game vs Auburns 3. This is just not getting it done. Not embarrassed at all

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Good run be these guys. Auburn is a physical team, so we need to learn from this. Move on to the big dance and make a run!

GatorKen714

May 24, 2018
Tell the truth announcers, you broke our biggest tallest guys leg and now Auburn can do whatever with their big guy and drive the lane. And for a supposed tough guy team Auburn shins and cries like a bunch of 3 year olds.

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
The only ones that should be embarrassed is auburn. Fuch those fans. Fuch their refs. We hung with the as long as we could today on dead legs with them allowed to foul.

I'm very proud of how far we got, no one expected us to get to the finals. Auburn simply was better rested and luckier.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Yeah. I’m just saying that if our point guard is turning the ball over like that, we’re just not gonna be able to win.

It’s fine though. While it would’ve been nice to have an SEC championship, it wouldn’t have had much impact on the seeding.
Losing Micah and apparently Kugel (at least for now until we find out what his benching is about) has really messed up our rotation. I’m a lot less confident about our chances in the NCAA’s now.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
The only ones that should be embarrassed is auburn. Fuch those fans. Fuch their refs. We hung with the as long as we could today on dead legs with them allowed to foul.

I'm very proud of how far we got, no one expected us to get to the finals. Auburn simply was better rested and luckier.
Not luckier, they were way better than us today. It happens, especially when you are worn out physically then see a teammate get a possible career ending injury.

Ironhead

Defender of freedom.
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
We were down 1 in the 2nd half with our starting C breaking his leg 2 min into the game and playing our 4th game vs Auburns 3. This is just not getting it done. Not embarrassed at all
No matter how you spin it, getting absolutely blown out in a championship game is embarrassing.
Yeah, Losing Hand hurt, big time.
But, we were physically dominated in this game. No reason this couldn't have been a 5-7 point game. None.
A 19 point loss on National TV in a Championship game, is embarrassing, no matter how you want to define it.

Hopefully, the team can re group and realize how to play against a physical tough team , because, that's what they're going to play next.

Ironhead

Defender of freedom.
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
We should still get at least a 6 seed.
Let's hope so anyway.
Praying for a 5.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.