Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Saw this on twitter

GFOgy4qXAAAdtXS

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
Was following along with an app for the first half and saw it was back and forth effort--turned it on with about 7 minutes left in the game.

Impressive finish and a great will to win by the team. This is what they're capable of, but finally did. Can't stress how impt it was for Golden too since he'd been coming up short time after time in these types of games and needed a signature win to change the narrative.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Honestly, missed the game and didn't tape it. Fully expected a solid 15-20pt arse whoopin' so we focused on my kid's bball game (he won).

Coming home, we catch the last 2min of OT (well, the kids did, wife and I were still out and missed it). So, now the wife wants to watch the whole thing tonight (available thru ESPN+). None of ya'll better spoil this for us. Fingers crossed we pull out the win.

g8tr76

Lifetime Member
Mar 28, 2016
The Gators have a tendency to let up in games their winning; and then the ball handling mistakes happen. At uk, they played for a full 40 minutes and got rewarded with an extra 5. Great win, and great full game effort by the Gators!

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
I missed the game, largely because it was at rupp. Big surprise this morning when I saw the news!

Read somewhere that kensucky was without 2 starters, so I’m not predicting a Final 4 run, but I certainly hope this is the much needed boost to improve our trajectory both short and long term. We shall see… For now, gonna enjoy the W!!!

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Well hells bells. I turned it on early and just didn't get a good a feeling so turned it off and helped my kids with hw. Then decided not to look bc every time I do we lose. Everyone will be happy to know that I won't watch another game this season. :lol:

How pissed do you think Ox is rn?

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
It is correct, and the NU coach was ballistic after the game. I said “related” cuz it’s how UK’s stat line usually looks vs us…

That said, he kept bitching about a 50 attempt differential (which I would understand), but it’s clearly only a 38 shot differential, so I’m not sure what he’s complaining about, seems fair to me! :dunno:

Still took time to shake coaches hand and dap up Edey. I like this guy :lol:

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I promised not to watch it live as it seemed UF va UK live always made me a jinx (OK. I taped it and just finished watching the OT... excellent effort!)

However, a snuck a peek at times in the second half, and as you would expect the way it works in real life, EVERY time it was in a commercial. The infuriating part was the "highlights" out of the commercial break showed the dominance of UK individual effort plays EVERY TIME - I thought UK was up by 10+, but the box score then flashed up a 1or 2 point game.

This may be news to no one, but the inferred "UK is a god" bias was a bit infuriating.

That now being vented, great win!

Bilas always favors the higher profile teams and his comments reflect that typically but he clearly has insight. Carl Ravich is a moron that barely understands basketball and has nothing meaningful to say.

Like others on here, I can’t stand to listen to the woke NASCAR boy at all. Just make him go away.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Bilas always favors the higher profile teams and his comments reflect that typically but he clearly has insight. Carl Ravich is a moron that barely understands basketball and has nothing meaningful to say.

Like others on here, I can’t stand to listen to the woke NASCAR boy at all. Just make him go away.
Yup... you would have thought UK was up by 20 the entire 2nd half/OT the way he described every UK shot as somehow amazing or beautiful while ours were all somewhere between silence and bricks.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Yup... you would have thought UK was up by 20 the entire 2nd half/OT the way he described every UK shot as somehow amazing or beautiful while ours were all somewhere between silence and bricks.
Yes. And UF would do something great and they'd go to a UK replay.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Ashley Judd is crying. This made me happy.

This is a big win, but I hope the team doesn't let up. Last year after they beat toothless at home they celebrated like winning it all.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
:clap: Great win! Hope it will be a kick start for a strong finish down the stretch. We’ve needed a win against a top team in the conference if we’re ever going to be a top team.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Hey snoopy, aren’t you in charge of starting the official game threads now?

Well……
Waiting GIF

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.