Gator Basketball ***Official Game Thread BBALL*** UGAly @ Florida

sminings

Lifetime Member
Nov 27, 2017
Good news is they overcame the collapse.

Bad news is they literally tried giving this game away.

Golden avoided a painful lesson and will hopefully not sit on a late 2nd half lead like he did today.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Golden Turd loses this he deserves to burn in hell.
But he didn't... Faggity Todd and the Queers buckle down for the win!!!

For this win, I give a tiny

boom GIF

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Wow. Total late game collapse. Golden took the gas off the pedal offensively way too soon and the players looked uncomfortable in the final minutes.
While I do not disagree with this thought, I do not mind taking some clock time off. The much bigger issue I have with Golden Shpwer and other coaches in this situation is when you do start the offense they do not do anything. It is a one on one without stressing the defense in total. You in essence give the defense 30 seconds of having to do almost nothing physically and especially mentally and typically you do not even get a good look.. Why not get into some true movement late in the clock and force the defense to stress?

Last edited:

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Better to beat your rival and ex (loser) coach WHILE learning lessons to carry towards the rest of the season.

One thing I know is we have got to shore up our defense. Our guards, Clayton in particular, have to do a better job of keeping the offensive player in front of them. Too many times we let their guards get into the paint with little contest. Clean it up!

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Blaming Todd is certainly necessary, especially defensively. However the guards making careless turnovers was more a reason for the collapse than the attempt to slow tempo . I think we were up 17 when Kugel gave two straight possessions away. Then Richard and Clayton joined the party.

Last edited:

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Better to beat your rival and ex (loser) coach WHILE learning lessons to carry towards the rest of the season.

One thing I know is we have got to shore up our defense. Our guards, Clayton in particular, have to do a better job of keeping the offensive player in front of them. Too many times we let their guards get into the paint with little contest. Clean it up!
Our guards play good defense for the most part but give up quickness to a few SEC guards so our bigs have to support and do that pretty well. Our two guards pretty much won the game. FT shooting, I mean they handle the ball the majority of the time. As for me. I was gonna throw up if gdmmm jorga came back and won. Not after having them by 19 at one point. In OT I give TG credit. They had the momentum and were confident. But we just said fckk that. Btw Georgia has been living all year with 2nd half comebacks. I dont hate White. He got us to the NCAA a few times. But I like Todd. He was giving refs some shttt today and his ability to assemble a team (as seen this year) and our two Mickey Ds coming in gets me excited. I was excited today. BTW fckkkkkk Gorja..............I needed this win more than our team.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I sure hope Pullin stays healthy the rest of the way. He makes the O click. And why does Toddy let Clayton inbound after a score? I’d rather see Pullin inbound it and get it back immediately than see every one of those things turn into a nail biter. It’s not like the opponents have scouted that or anything.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
I actually don't mind the 21 point blown lead. Got Mike thinking they'd win only to have his heart ripped out. But, letting a dude who averages less than 10 go for 35 is bad

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
**** Georgia and **** mike white .
May he and all the good for nothing leghumpers rot in hell for eternity.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
My issue was the complete lack of intensity on defense in the second half. I saw guys literally standing there and letting dwags shoot. Golden needs to tear them up fir that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.