***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: Florida vs FAU***

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Couldn't agree more
There are A LOT of other options out there. Id take almost all of them.

But I fire Mullinz tomorrow and that freak wouldn't be on the list.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
There are A LOT of other options out there. Id take almost all of them.

But I fire Mullinz tomorrow and that freak wouldn't be on the list.
Power running and vertical passing looked pretty good to me. But I’m with you, the key to the equation is dumping Mullinz. As an aside, it’s obvious to anyone but Nads apparently that his sideways offense needs a freak like Richardson. I feel bad for EJ but what has to be done eventually should be done immediately.

Saulgoodman

Sep 26, 2019
Power running and vertical passing looked pretty good to me. But I’m with you, the key to the equation is dumping Mullinz. As an aside, it’s obvious to anyone but Nads apparently that his sideways offense needs a freak like Richardson. I feel bad for EJ but what has to be done eventually should be done immediately.

I agree about EJ. He has waited his turn and worked hard without causing any drama off the field or in the locker room, but AR is just on another level. It's clear to anybody that watches. However, in EJ's defense, I don't know why Dan took him out after the second drive. His indecisiveness in the pocket and the inaccurate passes didn't help either. As far as accuracy goes, I would put him and AR even and give AR the edge in the running game.

Quick thoughts after watching

1. Gervon Dexter seems to always be around the football.

2. I guess the defense looked improved (only place to go was up) but we were burnt a couple of times and we went 3rd and Grantham a couple of times tonight. They did a good job of creating turnovers.

3. I've been ready for Davis to be gone for a couple of years but he looked like the best back tonight followed by Pierce. Bowman and Lingard didn't POP off the screen to me, but maybe that's just me.

4. Rick Wells sighting tonight. Good for him.

5. We had some dumb penalties that need to be eliminated going forward.

6. AR will never start this year. EJ would have to get hurt, get covid, or do some Aaron Hernandez **** off the field AND GET CAUGHT to not be QB1.

I know it's just week 1, but beating Bama and Georgia are going to be tall task this year. 2 teams with very very stout defenses and a definite talent advantage. We know Dan's record against teams with the talent advantage.
Just week 1 observations but if you asked me how we will finish right now I say best case is 10-2 and worst case is 8-4.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
I agree about EJ. He has waited his turn and worked hard without causing any drama off the field or in the locker room, but AR is just on another level. It's clear to anybody that watches. However, in EJ's defense, I don't know why Dan took him out after the second drive. His indecisiveness in the pocket and the inaccurate passes didn't help either. As far as accuracy goes, I would put him and AR even and give AR the edge in the running game.

Quick thoughts after watching

1. Gervon Dexter seems to always be around the football.

2. I guess the defense looked improved (only place to go was up) but we were burnt a couple of times and we went 3rd and Grantham a couple of times tonight. They did a good job of creating turnovers.

3. I've been ready for Davis to be gone for a couple of years but he looked like the best back tonight followed by Pierce. Bowman and Lingard didn't POP off the screen to me, but maybe that's just me.

4. Rick Wells sighting tonight. Good for him.

5. We had some dumb penalties that need to be eliminated going forward.

6. AR will never start this year. EJ would have to get hurt, get covid, or do some Aaron Hernandez **** off the field AND GET CAUGHT to not be QB1.

I know it's just week 1, but beating Bama and Georgia are going to be tall task this year. 2 teams with very very stout defenses and a definite talent advantage. We know Dan's record against teams with the talent advantage.
Just week 1 observations but if you asked me how we will finish right now I say best case is 10-2 and worst case is 8-4.
Agree with everything except worse case is not 8-4. We could lose to teams like Mizzou or even the toothless nation. Not saying we will, but the wheels could fall off if Mullen goes full Dipshlt. Never go full Dipshlt.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Agree with everything except worse case is not 8-4. We could lose to teams like Mizzou or even the toothless nation. Not saying we will, but the wheels could fall off if Mullen goes full Dipshlt. Never go full Dipshlt.

Other than the fact that I had a good night with my youngest, and he had a blast, tonight sucked. We should’ve taken points on 3 drives and looked lackadaisical the whole game. You don’t start subbing in Q2. That’s when you focus on cleaning up your starter reps. Instead we’re watching a bad performance well into Q4. It’s just dumb and validates the naysayers. Jones may get the start this week i I but I’m not sure he lasts without tremendous improvement.

Mullen’s whole press conference was discouraging.

But as I’ve said, to your point, there is no 8-4 here. It almost doesn’t exist. If we start sliding, there are way more than 4 teams that can beat us, and if recruiting stays where it’s at, that number will grow to 5-6.

Saulgoodman

Sep 26, 2019

Obviously Bama and Georgia were 2 of the 4 but I had us losing to either Kentucky or Missouri and the 4th loss coming to LSU. Hopefully we don't go full retard but you are right, the wheels could fall off quick if we take a beat down from Bama and let it linger.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
76020462eaa4b9.gif

Kid is celebrating winning a sports debate versus Swonkey.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
A few random thoughts having slept on it…

Not the game I wanted to see. An unsatisfying win against a scrub, exposing critical issues.

I though the defense looked way better, granted against an overmatched team. Looked to me like they had subbed a number of guys on D when FAU got their late scores. The DL was as expected, to a man. Plenty of big butts that can move, speed everywhere else. The transfer DTs patched a hole nicely. Dexter sure has a nose for the ball.

Emory looked like he was thinking way too much, not progressing through his reads to make the best throw & not accurate. AR is an absolute beast, looked like a thicker Lamar Jackson running the ball but how is his passing game and game management progressing. He’s clearly the future. It reminds me of Tebow’s debut except EJ isn’t Chris Leak, who was a calm & accurate passer. I’d like to see EJ be the leader we expect and allow AR to develop.

Maybe Dean/Wuerffel is a fair comparison albeit wildly different offenses and skill sets? Danny didn’t just take over. He got his chances, win the job, got pulled, had bad games and Dean had his moments including UGA and the SECCG - then Danny owned it.

The running game looked much improved. The WRs didn’t get separation.

Mullen feigning ignorance on the QB question presented by EJ’s & AR’s performances is silly. Just say, “I love both of those guys and they are both going to help us win games this year.” I don’t think you give up on EJ at this point but you also have to get AR on the field a lot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator