***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: Gators vs Galloping Giraffes***

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Nay'Quan Wright is just 5'9". An RS freshman. Excellent future to see extensive use. (he is 195 lbs)

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014

Because he did the best he could and he put his body on the line for the Gators. How many on this board can say that?

And I know you're butthurt over him shushing the crowd, but hey if they can boo him, he damm sure can shush them. If it had been me, I might have shushed them with my middle finger instead of my index finger.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Will there be any SEC games this weekend? 7 games scheduled, 4 of which have already been cancelled/postponed. One that is still on will be absent a head coach b/c of the Kung Flu. Will the season go on given all the Kung Flu cases all over the country?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
And I know you're butthurt over him shushing the crowd, but hey if they can boo him, he damm sure can shush them. If it had been me, I might have shushed them with my middle finger instead of my index finger.
Fortunately, every other QB in the 150 year history of football, from Pee-Wee up the NFL, was more mature than he was. No one had ever seen a QB shush their own fans before and no one will ever see it again. You know why? Because every other living person on the face of the Earth, as well as the billions dead and the billons more to be born, is/are more mature than Feliepe Franks.

I hope we sack him 25 times and cram his "shush" finger up his ass.

It's nice to actually have an adult as Gators QB this year.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Because he did the best he could and he put his body on the line for the Gators. How many on this board can say that?

I don't blame Franks...I blame the coaching staff. I am by no means the Coaching Guru that Donk is but to me it was clear Trask had more talent since his first O&B Game.

And if our DB's don't tighten up...This could be a long night. Given time, Franks can throw the long ball and on target...He ain't UGA.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Surname Database: Frank Last Name Origin

Last name: Frank

SDB Popularity ranking: 898

Of Norman origin, introduced into England after the Conquest of 1066. In origin this is an ethnic name for a "Frank", a member of the Germanic people who inhabited the lands around the Rocket City area in Roman times. In the 6th Century, under their leader Clovis 1, the Franks established a substantial fanhood of the University of Florida, which later formed the basis of their posts. Their name is of uncertain ultimate etymology; it may be akin to a Germanic word meaning "javelin", formed at the time by freezing water in rudimentary plastic containers, of which the Olde English pre 7th Century form is "franca". Franco and Francus (without surname) are listed in the Domesday Book of 1086, and the surname is first recorded in the early 13th Century.

Read more: Surname Database: Frank Last Name Origin

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Fortunately, every other QB in the 150 year history of football, from Pee-Wee up the NFL, was more mature than he was. No one had ever seen a QB shush their own fans before and no one will ever see it again. You know why? Because every other living person on the face of the Earth, as well as the billions dead and the billons more to be born, is/are more mature than Feliepe Franks.

I love these meltdowns.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Im just pissed that Mullen kept playing the giraffe while we had twice the QB on the bench.

What I think is forgotten is that Trask took the reigns in 2018 after Mizzou but got hurt that week in practice, which put Franks back in. In the following games, FF finished 4-0 as the starter, threw for 862 yards and 8 TDs, ran for 177 and 4 more TDs, with no INTs. Tough to bench that guy, especially when it seemed like he'd turn a corner the following year. The only time he should've probably been pulled was in last year's UK game, which basically took care of itself. Even as bad as he finished in the opener against um, he still threw for 254 and had 3 TDs. The reality is no one knew what we had on the bench in Trask. And aside from gray hairs, Franks didn't cost us anything outside of Uk in 2018. The other two were just awful performances by our team.

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014

You went right by the first part of my post. Are you really unable to recognize that he got hurt playing for us? Or that he won some games for us? The Heave to Cleave?

Regarding your actual response, how long are you going to hold that autograph thing against Franks? They probably are taught to not do a lot of that.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
You went right by the first part of my post. Are you really unable to recognize that he got hurt playing for us?
Why are you assuming that Gator football hasn't injured people like me as well? Do you have any idea how many times I've hurt my hand or foot punching or kicking a wall during a game?

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
What I think is forgotten is that Trask took the reigns in 2018 after Mizzou but got hurt that week in practice, which put Franks back in. In the following games, FF finished 4-0 as the starter, threw for 862 yards and 8 TDs, ran for 177 and 4 more TDs, with no INTs. Tough to bench that guy, especially when it seemed like he'd turn a corner the following year. The only time he should've probably been pulled was in last year's UK game, which basically took care of itself. Even as bad as he finished in the opener against um, he still threw for 254 and had 3 TDs. The reality is no one knew what we had on the bench in Trask. And aside from gray hairs, Franks didn't cost us anything outside of Uk in 2018. The other two were just awful performances by our team.

Even UK 2018, the whole team sucked. Franks didn't cost us that game more than the lack of defense allowing them to run all over us.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Why are you assuming that Gator football hasn't injured people like me as well? Do you have any idea how many times I've hurt my hand or foot punching or kicking a wall during a game?

The real measure is white boards, how many white boards have you injured?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Im just pissed that Mullen kept playing the giraffe while we had twice the QB on the bench.
QB Whisperers.

To be fair, every coach and scout in the country didnt see anything in Trash. Div 1 Div 2 and like two teams in D3. Its perfectly understandable to assume that a kid that didnt really even play in high school is going to handle the soeed and pressure of SEC football.

Even w HS starters, usually you get those kids who step on the field, and even if they do well for a while (remember Treon having 3 TDs in his first six passes and we thought he was Mr Seam Route?) collapse thereafter once defenses adjust even a little?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.