Game Thread ***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: Orange vs. Blue***

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Plan to get the spotlight worked perfectly. 4:30pm start on the west coast and not broadcast on tv so couldn't record and watch tonight. Have DVR set for SECN broadcast and will watch on Sat. 99.99% of the country won't do the same. The softball team has better exposure.
5TB2.gif

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
Just got back from the game. Crowd was really good. Richardson just looks next level. Has a lot of juice and confidence with his throws over the middle. The converted TEs plus Zipp Keeter , Zipperer and Zanders all had nice plays. I was surprised how many carries Bowman had. Lingard and Johnson are going to put up big numbers this year. The RB is. Obviously the featured player in this offense.
4a1798d7-d505-49b7-9da8-b394205d86df_text.gif

Brooks

Jul 1, 2021
Bowman has such quick feet and an explosion when he puts his foot in the ground. I was proud of him tonight. He also looked really good catching the ball. I assume lingard will show us how good he can be when the season starts. I feel like they kind of held him back in this game. Johnson reminds me of Gillislee. Breaks tackles and runs low to the ground.

Back Alley Gator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
SON OF A.......

:shambles:

I can't believe I Fuchsing forgot they were doing it on a Thursday night. Going up to see my Dad this weekend and told him we'd watch it on Saturday.

Well damn.

When's the replay??? Or is there a way to stream it now that it's in the can?

I think SECN is airing a reply of it at 430AM and 11AM.

DarksideGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 8, 2017
I went to game also, AR15 has poise, looks in control. What a shocker seeing us throw between the hash marks for the 1st time in 3 years! If the game can slow down for AR15 we could be seeing a homegrown All American. He didn’t look rushed, calm in the pocket, went to 2,or 3rd read a couple of times. Miller was Meh…even in warmups he was Meh, not enough zip on the ball. Almost looked like he was aiming it, just like me on the Tee at the golf course. Napier lost his cool a little when Miller got the delay of game, when they come on after change of possession. Either the O is going to score consistently and the D is good, or we still suck. Who the hell knows in these games? Need Cover2’s expert analysis.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
So. Fl. and G by M, where y'all?
Sorry; just saw this. We sat in the south end zone with some local friends so I stayed off the phone. Looked like a lot of recruits and their families a dozen or so rows on front of us. Saw several of the new staffers hanging out with them. Katie Turner in particular seemed to know everyone and likes to give hugs.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Definitely didn’t have a traditional Spring game feel to it. Traffic was close to game day levels, crowds everywhere, lots of energy. So I think the move paid off, though I still think Saturday would’ve been even better.

On the game, I’m not always the best eyes, but this didn’t look like a 1-2 then drop off at QB. I have no idea what’s gone on in these practices or what these analysts have seen, but it’s clearly AR, then a substantial drop, then the drop off. I’m happy to have Miller and one game doesn’t tell a whole story, but he’s not even close right now. Lingard is also a clear number 1 to me, though Johnson and Bowman looked solid. I feel like Henderson still gets lost in the game. Wouldn’t have expected a player like Fraziers to have more catches than him. Zanders too. We need him t in step forward this year and become a threat.

Perimeter defense was flying around and there weren’t many coverage busts, which was nice to see. The kid Young really stood out. McMillon as well. The Fr McClellan is bigger than I expected him to be. I think teams will run against us better than we want, but we’ll have a return to normal in the secondary with breakups and Ints.

Players were at least in position to make plays. Such a contrast from the past two seasons. Several on the Orange team were pissed during the game for plays they gave up—Dean and Dexter specifically. You can tell they’re not content with being a bad defense, which is nice to see.

Graham and Weston both looked good returning kicks. What I didn’t like was seeing Henderson back on punts, and then even worse, Marshall.

All in all, I felt it was a good experience.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
It was like the defense was called off.?
Will their deficit be corrected by the season's start.?
I think the offense will be our saving grace because those guys will develop. AR will dominate.

Brooks

Jul 1, 2021
I disagree that we are light on talent. We are light on depth. Our first guys can run with anybody. I think our Defense is going to be really good. The tackling was better and the whole team played with less penalties and less sloppy play than Mullen's teams. Keeter had a false start near the goal line and Napier walked over and talked to him ,we all kind of looked at each other and wondered what coach said to him for jumping down there. Well the next play they hit him on a rollout right in the end zone. Gave the kid a chance right there to redeem himself for the mistake and it paid off. Loved that little bit of coaching we saw from the East stands.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
SON OF A.......

:shambles:

I can't believe I Fuchsing forgot they were doing it on a Thursday night. Going up to see my Dad this weekend and told him we'd watch it on Saturday.

Well damn.

When's the replay??? Or is there a way to stream it now that it's in the can?

Replay at 11AM this morning on SECn. (The 4:30AM replay is on now.) If you can record it then access your DVR remotely you could watch with you dad.

I don’t know if/how one could stream it on demand. Highlights and Mick’s audio are here:

Florida Spring Game

And that’s where I’d look to see if the full game video gets posted. ESPN/SECn made it a little hard to find and don’t show the replay that’s noted above. I hope you can get it.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Just got back from the game. Crowd was really good. Richardson just looks next level. Has a lot of juice and confidence with his throws over the middle. The converted TEs plus Zipp Keeter , Zipperer and Zanders all had nice plays. I was surprised how many carries Bowman had. Lingard and Johnson are going to put up big numbers this year. The RB is. Obviously the featured player in this offense.
I thought I saw Lingard on the sidelines after halftime, with his shoulder pads off.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
I came in at the end of the 1st Q and will rewatch the whole game later. My first inexpert impressions:

AR is clearly our best QB. Crisp, accurate, on time, good decisions, catching guys in stride, quick release and real zip on the ball. He will help our modest WR corps get the most out of their efforts.

Miller is way behind, looked more like Brian Schottenheimer than Eric Kresser. But he was playing behind our inadequate OL depth. Still, he doesn’t look like he would stretch a defense vertically or horizontally. All Burrow allusions must stop.

Impossible to tell much about Del Rio since he was throwing to walk-ons, but he looked capable if raw. He’s quick when he runs.

Johnson seems a workhorse back. Didn’t see much of Lingard. Bowman also limited by that sketchy orange OL.

Zander looks like a fine TE. Shorter looked solid. I though Henderson looked a bit lost at times & caused AR’s first 2 incompletions by not looking for the ball on time. Graham showed his return ability even in this limited format.

Watson needs to stay on his plan & drop as much as he can before fall. If he can get down to 360 or so he’ll be a monster. Really rooting for him. Sapp abused the orange OL for a nice sack & fumble.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
It was like the defense was called off.?
Will their deficit be corrected by the season's start.?
I think the offense will be our saving grace because those guys will develop. AR will dominate.

Defense was mostly very vanilla, which is typical for a spring game.

The format was very traditional. I was surprised how long they kept AR & Gervon in the game. Good work for them, more tape to evaluate.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Miller looked as expected, average. He received a lot of good reports pre scrimmages. Since the first scrimmage, no one spoke of him as competition for AR. Unfortunately, Miller isn’t getting pushed either. He is way ahead of CDR. I did like the fact that Miller’s head was moving. So, there’s room to grow. Our backup situation is better than last season.

Weston looks fast. I hope he is finally putting things together because he is really the only receiver with elite speed.

Considering he hasn’t played tight end since high school, I thought Zanders played well. I’m not saying he is good. Maybe by fall he develops into something serviceable.

Black looked insanely fast and athletic.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Nap says no to that nonsense.

Good, sound football, but Nap ain't wasting our AR talent. Heck, busted-play scrambles will contribute to winning games.
I'm glad they are getting rid of the chain. Stupid gimmick.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.