Game Thread ***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs Arkansas***

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Turn the dark splotches into orange and its a winner.
Confused Tv Show GIF by Laff

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Truthfully, I don’t care for the alligator skin look, but your creation isn’t actually too bad. Lord help us if jdh ever gets a say though. :lol:
Hey I respect where you're coming from. Even my repaint was too much for me. IF I were to do the scales, I would make them only a slightly darker shade of blue so it would be noticeable up close, but at a distance would blend away. I think it would be a neat effect and most likely be a hit with the players.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Just for fun I messed around in photoshop with the eye-bleeding green jerseys Nike gave us to show you a basic idea of what I was talking about. Caveats apply that the source pic was low quality and personally I would make the scales more subtle than this, but I still think this looks a lot better than the green jerseys Nike gave us:

View attachment 60676
Certainly more tolerable than the green.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Buncha grown damn men talking about the color of clothes and accessories... there is a word for that. You guys sound like a buncha damn girls, you got the ghey.
Never Ending Facepalm GIF

Last edited:

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Probably not the best time to mention Million Dollar Listing LA starts in two weeks, huh?
Well, well, well... now we know where you "hear" certain things. The fact that you know it starts in two weeks is also an indicator, noted.

(but seriously, thanks for the head up!)

Last edited:

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
I mean really fellas, whose "military" are we honoring here with all black unis? The Viet Cong? Al Qaeda? Antifa? LAPD SWAT?

I'm not sure anyone thought this one through...

Last edited:

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
They’re not the worst thing I’ve ever seen. Surprised that I’m saying that. It’s still all about performance. If we look good playing in them, I’m ok with it. The moment we look terrible in them and it all becomes a deflection, I’m out.
That would be the green unis we wore against A&M.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Haven't liked any gimmick unis (olive gator skin were the worst, ugly orange shoulder patch against UGA during the Leak era were bad too).

Opposite for the throwback unis. Loved the ones we wore against 'Bama when RFN got that pick 6 in 2006. Also liked the similar ones we wore against Auburn when Perine got that long TD run in 2019. They might look a little like Ole Miss, but they are nice.

Moral of the story? Throwbacks good, gimmicks bad.

Nope.
iu

Nope.
iu

Definitely.
iu

Also acceptable.
iu

Alex.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
If I remember correctly, this is the Arky game, which has all the makings of a classic trap game. We play uga the week before, while they have a bye. Arky won't be a serious contender for any championships, but they are good enough to beat anybody that shows up flat or unprepared. We are 5-5 the week after uga over the last 10 years (3-2 the last 5). Oddly enough, this is our third time playing Arky in a row right after playing uga. Our last two meetings we're 1-1. We beat uga both those years. :scratchchin:

I think the timing of this is purposeful in hopes of giving the players something to keep them amped up. Sure this a gimmicky thing to do, but I think this is the best time to do it.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Haven't liked any gimmick unis (olive gator skin were the worst, ugly orange shoulder patch against UGA during the Leak era were bad too).

Opposite for the throwback unis. Loved the ones we wore against 'Bama when RFN got that pick 6 in 2006. Also liked the similar ones we wore against Auburn when Perine got that long TD run in 2019. They might look a little like Ole Miss, but they are nice.

Nope.
iu

Nope.
iu

Definitely.
iu

Also acceptable.
iu

Alex.

Agree on all with one exception. I think if you were there in ‘05, there was something very “ok, fine” about those orange shoulder jerseys in Jax. As is often the case in life, setting and context are huge. We’d just been slammed by Wilma in PBC, marking the 157th(I think?) hurricane of the previous 15 months, which brought in perfect fall weather. By the time I reached Jax it was incredible. And then to see us switch it up in the opening two possessions, with Leak going helicopter into the end zone and RFN splitting Massaoquoi’s face open with his TD saving hit, and a final defensive stand to avenge the ‘04 loss, it was a near perfect day. I almost remember the whole thing. So as much as I didn’t like them, they’ll always be acceptable to me.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Nope.
iu

Nope.
iu

Definitely.
iu

Also acceptable.
iu

Alex.
WINNER!!!

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
If I remember correctly, this is the Arky game, which has all the makings of a classic trap game. We play uga the week before, while they have a bye. Arky won't be a serious contender for any championships, but they are good enough to beat anybody that shows up flat or unprepared. We are 5-5 the week after uga over the last 10 years (3-2 the last 5). Oddly enough, this is our third time playing Arky in a row right after playing uga. Our last two meetings we're 1-1. We beat uga both those years. :scratchchin:

I think the timing of this is purposeful in hopes of giving the players something to keep them amped up. Sure this a gimmicky thing to do, but I think this is the best time to do it.

That and it is the only home game around Veteran's Day weekend so it gives us that reasoning as well. I do like what someone I saw said and that is use the flag Gators script we had against USF in 2021. I think for black alts, they could've been much worse. I don't hate these, but I did want to see the Gator head logo on both sides myself.

I think you're right though that if you're going to be gimmicky, that is the week to do it. Last year we beat A&M, but it helped they were depleted by injuries and then had several guys, including the starting QB out with the flu for our game. Better to be lucky than good sometimes as well.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I don't mind the Blacks but it just don't seem right....

:goon:

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
I mean really fellas, whose "military" are we honoring here with all black unis? The Viet Cong? Al Qaeda? Antifa? LAPD SWAT?

I'm not sure anyone thought this one through...

I'll do my best to channel my sportswear marketing hat and rationalize the uniform design with flimsy justifications mixed with corporate gobbledygook:

"The all-black uniforms are designed to honor the brave men and women of the United States armed forces, who wear black shoes with their dress uniforms.

Additionally, US military personnel--particularly the Marines--love to imbibe to the point of unconscious insobriety, otherwise known as "blackout" drunk...and Florida will pay homage to this time-honored tradition with a "blackout" football game."

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator