Game Thread ***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs Arkansas***

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
And we host Arky at 12 noon in black uniforms.

Simon Cowell GIF by America's Got Talent's Got Talent

Seemed predictable for a bit. It does put a damper on the law school reunion tailgate, lol.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
I mean really fellas, whose "military" are we honoring here with all black unis? The Viet Cong? Al Qaeda? Antifa? LAPD SWAT?

I'm not sure anyone thought this one through...
USN Dress "Blue" is nearly black.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
They may wanna rethink the black unis :lol:

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Haven't liked any gimmick unis (olive gator skin were the worst, ugly orange shoulder patch against UGA during the Leak era were bad too).

Opposite for the throwback unis. Loved the ones we wore against 'Bama when RFN got that pick 6 in 2006. Also liked the similar ones we wore against Auburn when Perine got that long TD run in 2019. They might look a little like Ole Miss, but they are nice.

Moral of the story? Throwbacks good, gimmicks bad.

Nope.
iu

Nope.
iu

Alex.
puke die GIF

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The noon game is disappointing. Normally, there is an SEC night game on ESPN, but not that night. Seems like UF is getting the shaft, but it may be more of an Arkansas issue since they only have 2 wins.

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
I have absolutely no idea the network thinking behind this.

Putting Vandy-Auburn at the 4pm time slot?
Miss State vs Kentucky at 7:30?

I get it that Arkansas has been playing like crap this entire year; and while Florida isn't at our best either...we'll be no worse than either Auburn or Miss State by the time this game rolls around. And it's not like either of those other matchups will have anything remotely interesting going on; whereas Florida is specifically doing novelty jerseys and a blackout game (which usually broadcasters love to highlight).

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
It ain't nearly as hot in Gainesville now as it was at the beginning of the year.

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
Really, just another data point that our AD is an absolute azzclown that doesn't give a damn about football.

He should have been telling the SEC months ago: listen, this game NEEDS to be a night game. Work it out however you must, but we're playing at night, period. Then the league could've acted accordingly.

Instead, this chit happens.
I mean, wth is the point of a "blackout" game if we're going to play at noon??

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I didn't figure you to be quick to defend Stricklin's incompetence.
This phenomenon of Gator fans absolutely flipping out whenever a noon game is announced seems fairly new - I don't remember all the pearl clutching and hand-wringing over it in years past, at least to the extent of making death threats to the AD.

I guess noon games don't enrage me like they do you. They matter more the first couple of weeks of the season in the extreme heat, but not now.

Arkansas sucks balls. Our Gators will beat them even if they run out there naked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.