Game Thread ***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs Arkansas***

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
The guy that is to bring organization is disorganized AF

Contract extension!
Billy would make a solid off field program coordinator. For what on-field position would he be hired by another SEC team? Perhaps recruiting coordinator. I remember when he was hired. We thought we beat LSU to the punch.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
It's deeper than just the offense though. We all said the exact same things about Muschamp. He just needs another O coordinator.
This is true but since we know he isnt getting fired we must at least see him step back from being the OC and see if we can improve. We cant hire a yes man.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Can someone tell me how 11 defensive players can be in the wrong place at the same time every time? Could it be because of our 13 year old DC?
I do not have a good eye for OL/DL/LB etc play. But even I see our D out of place, slow to react. It's really odd.

Bushmaster

Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018
Understood but even if you win 1 it is still a long off season for Sling Blade. He blows as a HC, regardless of what the ending record wlil be. We can live in reality or fantasy land. Tattoo died a long time ago so all we have is reality.

Stop calling this MFer sling blade!!!!!!! Sling blade would call a better game than this cocksucker!! The only thing I got against the real slingblade is he put mustard on his biscuits, which is dumb. Every gd thing Napier does is ****ing dumb.

Hey billy!!!!!! Your coaching ain't got no gas in it!!!!

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
I have been somewhat critical of Billy but have never been a hater or wanted him fired. Right now it is terribly obvious that he either hires an OC or he will be gone next year. It will amaze me if he manages to keep this class together. I cant see one reason for any 5 star player to want to be a part of that offense. I dont have alot of time left to wait for us to be back. The guy is likeable and is working hard on the trail but he is not an OC. I dont see us winning any more games and honestly I dont want us to be embarrassed in a bowl game against Ga Southern either.

Hiring an OC won’t change anything. Billy’s ”process” is horseshyt, he‘s disorganized, he’s incompetent in other areas, he has no fire whatsoever, his “riverboat gambler” act costs us games and he’s the one hiring the OC (if it gets to that point) so the chances are high that he’ll fail miserably in getting someone worth a damn. I mean look at the middle school kid he brought in as DC and tell me how that’s working out.

revgator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I know a lot of people are upset and many are upset at the wrong things. Some are upset with people who don't trust Billy, upset with defense, offense, Armstrong, OL, etc.

The person to be upset at is Stricklin. The common refrain is "we can't fire coaches every three years!!" YES YOU CAN. When they suck and never should have been hired in the first place.

People who hire, ALWAYS, hire people like themselves. Any job, any where. I promise you the next hire Stricklin makes will be an over inflated ego, fragile, low energy poser.

The person who hires the next coach needs to be a type A, motivated, individual who will ask the right questions and not look at someone's dream book and accept that they are a detail oriented person while wearing sweats with a shaved head and 6oclock shadow.

TL/DR the carousel only stops when the right person makes the hire

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hiring an OC won’t change anything. Billy’s ”process” is horseshyt, he‘s disorganized, he’s incompetent in other areas, he has no fire whatsoever, his “riverboat gambler” act costs us games and he’s the one hiring the OC (if it gets to that point) so the chances are high that he’ll fail miserably in getting someone worth a damn. I mean look at the middle school kid he brought in as DC and tell me how that’s working out.
Yeah, was really optimistic about our D. We started out great, and have become incapable of stopping half decent teams.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
This is true but since we know he isnt getting fired we must at least see him step back from being the OC and see if we can improve. We cant hire a yes man.
Sadly though, we did not lose today because of poor offense and defense. Yes, we are not great at either. But we directly lost because of game management- in-game coaching decisions. Although, it would be fair as well to blame it on the lack of STs coaching since we did miss an extra point. But really, even that could have been coached around.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Smack is a good kicker like Evan was, but choked like Evan did against Lsu in 2020, when the pressure was on the highest.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Looking like another late season meltdown from Billy and company, 2 years in a row.

jbaker07

Oct 15, 2017
Understood but even if you win 1 it is still a long off season for Sling Blade. He blows as a HC, regardless of what the ending record wlil be. We can live in reality or fantasy land. Tattoo died a long time ago so all we have is reality.
Yeah...I know, I agree with you. Honestly, I was just hoping that we would finally start to show signs that things were improving. But with all the time management and game management miscues we have seen over the past two years, when you see the FG attempt debacle today, I just don't see how Napier will ever be the guy. He talks all the time about situational football, but we continue to look unprepared and unorganized in said situations.

I have been agnostic towards our current coaching staff, as the 10+ years have sapped my enjoyment for Florida football. I understand that our program has been way behind the other top programs in terms of facilities, infrastructure, support staff, coaching salaries for a long time now. I understand both sides in the "Napier debate," but at this point I don't see him brining us back to the elite level. Unfortunately, these last 10+ years have also taught me that I have little control over what happens with my beloved Gators, and that UF struck gold when they hired Spurrier, Meyer, and Donovan.

At this point my hope that Ben Sasse understands that football is UF's lifeblood, and that he needs to clean house and hire the right people for the right jobs.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
You guys are a Hoot! :lol2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads