Game Thread ***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs FSU***

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
I’ve heard many people, some of whom are Gator fans talking about how FSU is legit this year. I don’t see it that way. I see a team that’s played relatively weak competition and has held on for dear life to win some games they shouldn’t have won. Clemson all but gift wrapped what should have been a Tiger win and handed it to the sorry fcvkers from Talky.

This is a winnable game for us and I hope we curb stomp them. We have the talent and it’s a home game. Hopefully we have some former 2008 players there today to get our guys pumped up.

However, as much as I hate to say it, I think we lose this game. Ultimately, I think our staff, in particular Billy, will find a way to fcvk this up. I can see him doing his usual shyyt-being ultra mellow in attitude, making stupid decisions like going for it on 4th down when he shouldn’t, being conservative in play calling, taking timeouts into halftime rather than trying to score points and just generally doing Sun Belt Billy stuff.

I hope I’m wrong and hope to be celebrating a W on this board with all of you. We deserve better as a fan base but until Billy shows otherwise, I’ll remain skeptical.

With that being said, Go Gators!

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
I’ve heard many people, some of whom are Gator fans talking about how FSU is legit this year. I don’t see it that way. I see a team that’s played relatively weak competition and has held on for dear life to win some games they shouldn’t have won. Clemson all but gift wrapped what should have been a Tiger win and handed it to the sorry fcvkers from Talky.
Agree they have a weak schedule. I saw it ranked 50th. That said, with their #1 QB they were pretty good and were they able to win the ACCCG with him healthy, who knows. Hopefully they lose today because are currently 5th, I believe, in the polls. A loss today probably drops them to 8th or lower where even the ACC Championship might not be enough. especially if Bama somehow handles georgia.
This is a winnable game for us and I hope we curb stomp them. We have the talent and it’s a home game. Hopefully we have some former 2008 players there today to get our guys pumped up.
Would be great to get the guys motivated.
However, as much as I hate to say it, I think we lose this game. Ultimately, I think our staff, in particular Billy, will find a way to fcvk this up. I can see him doing his usual shyyt-being ultra mellow in attitude, making stupid decisions like going for it on 4th down when he shouldn’t, being conservative in play calling, taking timeouts into halftime rather than trying to score points and just generally doing Sun Belt Billy stuff.
If past performance indicates future performance in this case, probably. Billy's a nice guy, knew how a competent organization is supposed to look, but not a cut throat, go for the kill, winner. The post-game loser attitude is incomprehensible and eventually annoying in the "just go away" sense. Will I be elated if we win? Of course.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Love all the optimism but I’m not getting my hopes up. Nothing I’ve seen says we beat anyone with a pulse much less an undefeated team. Their back-up QB will look like a heisman contender…like every other QB we face.
Sad Baby GIF

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Love all the optimism but I’m not getting my hopes up. Nothing I’ve seen says we beat anyone with a pulse much less an undefeated team. Their back-up QB will look like a heisman contender…like every other QB we face.
Sad Baby GIF
Fuchs you, we winning:grin:

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014

I hope I’m wrong and hope to be celebrating a W on this board with all of you. We deserve better as a fan base but until Billy shows otherwise, I’ll remain skeptical.

With that being said, Go Gators!
Fsu didn't have a chance at a title even with Travis. They're one of the weakest undefeated teams I've ever seen. They've played nobody this year and had every lucky break fall their way up until the rug got yanked out and they lost travis

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Fsu didn't have a chance at a title even with Travis. They're one of the weakest undefeated teams I've ever seen. They've played nobody this year and had every lucky break fall their way up until the rug got yanked out and they lost travis
Their schedule strength was 50th this year. Ours was 4th.

Yankeetown

Gator MBA '84
Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2014
I don't understand how you guys know any of this stuff.

My disdain of FSU is such that I never watch them play a game, I rarely watch any sports-show highlights on them, and I don't read much about them.

Thanks to Twitter, I know more about kangaroos & red pandas than I do about FSU.

Last edited:

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014

Agreed that Travis wouldn’t have led them to a title and the lucky breaks they’ve gotten this year.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
I don't understand how you guys know any of this stuff.

My disdain of FSU is such that I never watch them play a game, I rarely watch any sports-show highlights on them, and I don't read much about them.

Thanks to Twitter, I know more about kangaroos & red pandas than I do about FSU.
Red Pandas are awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.