Game Thread ***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs FSU***

Lake Gator

SUBMARINERS GO DEEPER
Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016
The one thing I like about Brown, which was obvious on the plays he was in, is that he can RUN. It's an element we have missed badly.
True. Less appreciated is his arm strength and ball velocity. A sprinkling of bombs to Wilson/Pearsall/Jackson against Nole defenses stacked to stop the run could pay dividends. Scared money don't make money.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
For the 2019 FSU game, a couple UF buddies and I decided to do something different. We Air BnB'd the top floor unit of the Seagle Building. Really cool views.

a1e5c40f5380a49d42c4c6e09302e18e.jpg

49f1b4985a8efacec96f7f257a001f5e.jpg

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
The one thing I like about Brown, which was obvious on the plays he was in, is that he can RUN. It's an element we have missed badly.
Do we win like Muschamp beating the leghumpers with Treon throwing it 2 times? If that's the case might as well practice running the flexbone.

g8tr76

Lifetime Member
Mar 28, 2016
For those concerned about Max, he has not made a mark in college except he did a workman like finish after Mertz got hurt. I know it's high school, but here is a paragraph from All Gators web site:

"Starting for Lincoln Christian since he first picked up the quarterback position, Brown completed an admirable 71.6 percent of his 356 passes for 4,416 yards, 68 touchdowns and ten interceptions over his final two seasons of high school. He added 2,335 yards and 33 touchdowns on the ground".

His weakness is going to be knowledge of the playbook and practice with the first team. I know there is concern for the importance and rivalry of the game we are facing on Saturday, but our team has progressed from a run only team to more downfield passing during the course of the season. I think that the nolies will be expecting a more run centered game with a new QB; so. if our progress means anything, we can only hope we are pleasantly surprised in the Swamp with a first collegiate start.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
My Dad's generation hates Georgia more. I personally hate fsu more than anyone. They are vile, they are weak, and they are annoying as fuch. *spit* *spit*

Same. My grandfather and other old timers had uga, miami and auburn in that order of most hated rivals. The noles were basically Ucf until he was in his late 60s, so they didn’t even register to him. He developed a good dislike for them throughout the 90s, along with the vols, but nothing like the others.

I was a kid when they started their run, so they’re up there for me. Can remember sitting in my seats in both 87 and 89 as they pummeled us. Then throw in ‘93, ‘94, ‘98-00, ‘03. Yeah, it’s hate.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
For those concerned about Max, he has not made a mark in college except he did a workman like finish after Mertz got hurt. I know it's high school, but here is a paragraph from All Gators web site:

"Starting for Lincoln Christian since he first picked up the quarterback position, Brown completed an admirable 71.6 percent of his 356 passes for 4,416 yards, 68 touchdowns and ten interceptions over his final two seasons of high school. He added 2,335 yards and 33 touchdowns on the ground".

His weakness is going to be knowledge of the playbook and practice with the first team. I know there is concern for the importance and rivalry of the game we are facing on Saturday, but our team has progressed from a run only team to more downfield passing during the course of the season. I think that the nolies will be expecting a more run centered game with a new QB; so. if our progress means anything, we can only hope we are pleasantly surprised in the Swamp with a first collegiate start.
"downfield" :lol:

But yes, I do feel like the offense has opened up a little bit more, but that was with Mertz back there.

I'm hopeful we'll be pleasantly surprised with Brown, but I do expect at least 1 mistake from him. The good thing about Brown is he is more likely to be successful on the ground than Mertz generally was.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member

But yes, I do feel like the offense has opened up a little bit more, but that was with Mertz back there.

I'm hopeful we'll be pleasantly surprised with Brown, but I do expect at least 1 mistake from him. The good thing about Brown is he is more likely to be successful on the ground than Mertz generally was.
Decisions Wishy Washy GIF by CBS

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
Definitely getting Marcus Outzen vibes……all Gator fans were celebrating when the Red Rooster was starting against a #4 rated UF in 1998 and proceeded to lead FSU to victory and a NC game appearance. Oh yeah and our defense is not great at tackle football.
From my view Mizz could have scored at least 14 playing two hand touch

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

A turnover will hurt wherever it occurs. But in some respects, a downfield pass mistake is probably a lot less costly than a slightly off screen or slant pass that can be taken the other way. I know Napier will want to play it cautiously, but I hope he doesn’t lose sight of the fact that Mertz’ accuracy and good decision making in the short passing game has been because of his experience. The noles will likely try to jump those routes, in hopes he throws a pass he shouldn’t. Which also means downfield will likely have some opportunities. If we play to win, we can. If we try to replicate the end of the Mizzou game, we won’t. Nothing to lose at all here.

Gatorhunter

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Since it looks like we’re stuck with Billy for a little while, I guess we can only hope he takes a similar route as Cornrows has in Tallahassee. He started 11-13 through the first 2 seasons and is 21-3 since. Billy is 11-13 so far at UF. Of course, playing in the ACC is a lot different than the SEC but to this point their are some similarities. Our only hope is that he can start to figure things out from here.

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
If he can manage the win Saturday and hold the class, present and incoming, he will be given a small reprieve until the start of the season next year. At which time the glaring game management/coaching snafus need to be gone first game of the season or the the clock is ticking day one. If this same shyt show goes on at the beginning of next season then BN is either too stubborn, to stupid and incompetent, or both. Either way..he's done.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Same. My grandfather and other old timers had uga, miami and auburn in that order of most hated rivals. The noles were basically Ucf until he was in his late 60s, so they didn’t even register to him. He developed a good dislike for them throughout the 90s, along with the vols, but nothing like the others.

I was a kid when they started their run, so they’re up there for me. Can remember sitting in my seats in both 87 and 89 as they pummeled us. Then throw in ‘93, ‘94, ‘98-00, ‘03. Yeah, it’s hate.
I started following the Gators when Pell left Clemson for UF. (1979). Went to UF in 84.

My hate is with the Buttsniffers. No other hate comes close.

I dislike FSU, but, in my mind, they are, and always will be, a girls school. Pfft. Not in our conference.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
A turnover will hurt wherever it occurs. But in some respects, a downfield pass mistake is probably a lot less costly than a slightly off screen or slant pass that can be taken the other way. I know Napier will want to play it cautiously, but I hope he doesn’t lose sight of the fact that Mertz’ accuracy and good decision making in the short passing game has been because of his experience. The noles will likely try to jump those routes, in hopes he throws a pass he shouldn’t. Which also means downfield will likely have some opportunities. If we play to win, we can. If we try to replicate the end of the Mizzou game, we won’t. Nothing to lose at all here.
Visions of the 1992 SECCG.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
What can Brown do for you?

Not a slogan I'm used to saying.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
What can Brown do for you?

Not a slogan I'm used to saying.

Mertz is the USPS. Safe choice, and yes, it’ll get there. Just not particularly fast. Brown is UPS. Has the better delivery. Much quicker. But there’s also the risk he could fall out of the truck at any moment.

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Seems to be more "hate" for the girls school than the Leghumpers.

Shame Deception GIF by E.Leclerc
Here's how it is for me. I hate our SEC rivals, but at the end of the day we're all SEC. There's a camaraderie of sorts among the hatred (except Georgia, because F Georgia) where most of us can find some common ground with our rival fans to either have fun banter back and forth about our rivalry, or trash our other shared rivals together.

Florida State has none of that. I hate them. I don't want to win when we play them, I want to crush them. I want everyone else who plays them to crush them. I openly mock their pain and misfortune. I've even swerved to run over one of their hats when it blew off a kid's head and in front of my car in the road. There's no respect, no modicum of camaraderie; it's all Cobra Kai on my end:

Animated GIF

2020-01-01-EJ-Manuel-fumble-on-Morrison-hit.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator