Game Thread ***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs FSU***

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Fred was channeling his inner "Willie McClendon" that day... or, as we students referred to him, "Willie McFumblin"

Now that you bring up McClendon, since we’re talking about questionable decisions, specifically regarding the fsu game, after the glorious goal line stand against the noles in ‘91, we had the ball and we’re trying to run out the clock. And do you know who Spurrier chose to hand the ball to on 1st down? If you guessed Rhett you’d be wrong.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Reminiscent of that FSU QB Rooster Outzen that year(can't recall which one). Guy wasn't exactly a solid QB....FSU plays UF and he lights the world on fire that one and only game. :headslap:
Wasn’t that the game Marquand Manuel(?) let an INT pass through his hands?

And was that the year Big Money recovered an f$u fumble in the end zone but it was inexplicably waived off?

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@jdh5484 great meme, but it begs the question: exactly what function does Joey Bishop serve with ‘the Pack?!’

IMG_2166.jpeg

…and @Spurdog98 …not the same character, but it’s as if I can hear him say “I bought my mama a house; I spent the rest on P - C - P!!!

IMG_2168.jpeg

secgator

Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018

And was that the year Big Money recovered an f$u fumble in the end zone but it was inexplicably waived off?
Been awhile---can't recall. :dunno:

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

I also think it was the year Bowden had a walk-on pick a fight with our starting Safety, Tony George, in the pregame.

As for waived off fumbles, nothing will ever top 2003 and the refs initially calling the RB down, then conceding that it was a fumble(too obvious even for them) but stating that it had been recovered by the offense, despite Channing Crowder not only emerging from the pile with the ball but standing just a few feet away with it still in his hands as they said it. If it had been a soccer match in South America that whole officiating crew would’ve been chopped to pieces with a machete and mailed to the families.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I also think it was the year Bowden had a walk-on pick a fight with our starting Safety, Tony George, in the pregame.

As for waived off fumbles, nothing will ever top 2003 and the refs initially calling the RB down, then conceding that it was a fumble(too obvious even for them) but stating that it had been recovered by the offense, despite Channing Crowder not only emerging from the pile with the ball but standing just a few feet away with it still in his hands as they said it. If it had been a soccer match in South America that whole officiating crew would’ve been chopped to pieces with a machete and mailed to the families.
Jack Childress…

1700691440819.png

And as he would present himself…

1700691143117.png

When that basturd dies they’ll have to screw him in the ground; too crooked to lay straight!

g8tr76

Lifetime Member
Mar 28, 2016
Jack Childress…

View attachment 64352

When that basturd dies they’ll have to screw him in the ground; too crooked to lay straight!

That guy was the pitts of corruption. The worst was our punt that went through f$u returners hands and we recovered but Jack called the returner down because his knee was down when he didn't control the ball and still Jack gave f$u the ball; but there were many bad calls during that game. As a tribute to Jack's horrendous officiating crew the ncaa ended up with replay officiating throughout college football. But "he ain't no saint" booby bow-done only saw one potential bad call.

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Jack Childress…

View attachment 64352

View attachment 64351

Jack Childress??????!!

gun middle finger GIF

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I’m sorry, but I can’t help to notice there’s only about 5 guys starting that are not 1st or 2nd year players on the team, or CBN transfers. None of them are difference makers. The upperclassmen on this roster is worthless. Shame on Billy for slow playing the portal. He should have seen this coming.

That being said, Mullen really wrecked this place more than any other coach. He took reaches in recruiting consistently that didn’t pan out to salvage a decent class ranking. Worst talent evaluater ever.

At this point I can only hope that the youngsters on this team make huge strides and we’re the team that surprises everyone next year and that BCN makes the staff changes to match. Because I do think Napier is a solid talent evaluater.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
I know they will be honoring Tebow at this game. Not sure if they’ll ask for his prediction on the SEC channel before or if that’s just for conference games, but if he predicts against us as he did before tennessee, it may not be the welcome he’s expecting.

But we won that game…..so….

BassinGator

Nov 17, 2015
Yes, I believe he is.

And since we're talking about coaches' perceptions of our QBs, and I know reading CBN's emotions is akin to the t-shirt with tiles of stormtroopers (or the lesbian Kristen something from the werewolf/vampire movie) showing all the different emotions like happy, mad, amazed, etc. but it's the same picture tile, but it seems like CBN gushes when asked about Mertz yet he seemed reluctantly happy to have to brag about Max. This was in the Monday presser, post the Mizzou loss. CBN just doesn't gush as much. Odd.
I have noticed that the few times Brown has been in game that Napier really crawls his ass on missed plays, yet shows no emotion with anyone else. Odd indeed.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
I have noticed that the few times Brown has been in game that Napier really crawls his ass on missed plays, yet shows no emotion with anyone else. Odd indeed.
At some point a coach can look like he's FOS. It happens. I will not be surprised if Brown plays well enough Saturday that we ask why he didn't see more time this season. He is much harder to rush and catch and with an OL that cannot hold the line, it's what we needed.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
At some point a coach can look like he's FOS. It happens. I will not be surprised if Brown plays well enough Saturday that we ask why he didn't see more time this season. He is much harder to rush and catch and with an OL that cannot hold the line, it's what we needed.
You're hoping he is somewhere between AR and Graham Mertz? That would be nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator