***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs. Georgia***

Status
Not open for further replies.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Our players just aren’t making plays when their there to be made. Penalties, dropped interception, lining up wrong...gotta make big plays in big games

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Our guys were way too amped and the coaches way too disorganized. Those first two timeouts were awful. Looked like the RBs didn’t know what to do. And STs has been crappy again - why allow a return that late and look at our return with Cleve - not even the 20. Fire Knox. Useless.

Towels 'N Sporks

We R Bad Cause Urban Cheated on Wife
May 19, 2016
2 weeksto prepare for this game and we come out and burn two timeouts and a false start on 3rd and 1 all on the first drive. It was an omen for how prepared we were for the rest of the half. We can blame refs or whatever but fact remains, Georgia came out way more ready than we did for the 3rd year in a row. Hopefully we can get ONE big play in the second half.​

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Need to stop the first drive. If not, game over. And fire grantham if not. He’s been so bad the last few games. I bet we have one of the worst 3rd downs converted against in the country right now. If not, we can thank Miami and Towson and UTM because all the SEC have no issues.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Regardless of the outcome the first half showed me that the talent disparity is obvious and when added with what appears to be a team that is more fundamentally sound, it is even more apparent. We have hung in there stopping their run game, but they got it going late. It is not a good thing when not only is their D-line as big as our O-line, they are also quicker, stronger and more agile even being equal in size. In contrast the UGA O-line dwarfs our D-line and is not discernably less athletic than our D-line. Kirby is not a great game manager but his guys are more fundamentally sound than ours especially on the lines and at the CB position.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I don't normally bitch about the refs, but when you take away one of our first downs, then give them a freebie with a blown call after the review made it obvious it was incomplete, it sure starts looking like the fix is in. Coaching needs to be better too. There were some really weird and non-sense play calls early by our offensive coaches. Down by 10 at the half and UGA gets the ball first. Hope they get something figured out or this is going to be an ugly loss.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
As much as we're misfiring (allowing 3rd down conversions, can't make a 3rd down ourselves)...I have yet to see a mistake on UGA's part. Yeah, one penalty for a false start, and one throw that should have been intercepted early, but they aren't making mistakes. We're killing ourselves on both sides of the ball, and they aren't giving us anything.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
We have to stop shooting our selves in the foot. Game would look totally different If we didn’t look so disorganized on that first drive. Yes, the refs gifted them 4 points. But that wouldn’t be an issue if Grantham knew how to stop a non-FCS team from converting on 3rd down. Or if Knox could properly substitute.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
As much as we're misfiring (allowing 3rd down conversions, can't make a 3rd down ourselves)...I have yet to see a mistake on UGA's part. Yeah, one penalty for a false start, and one throw that should have been intercepted early, but they aren't making mistakes. We're killing ourselves on both sides of the ball, and they aren't giving us anything.
That’s what they do - hyper conservative but let the other team beat themselves while trying to scheme around the talent. We play a clean second, might have a good chance.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Oh, and I forgot about the other missed call. The PI on Copeland in the endzone. Dude had Cope's arm wrapped up so he couldn't lift it to catch the ball.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Regardless of the outcome the first half showed me that the talent disparity is obvious and when added with what appears to be a team that is more fundamentally sound, it is even more apparent. We have hung in there stopping their run game, but they got it going late. It is not a good thing when not only is their D-line as big as our O-line, they are also quicker, stronger and more agile even being equal in size. In contrast the UGA O-line dwarfs our D-line and is not discernably less athletic than our D-line. Kirby is not a great game manager but his guys are more fundamentally sound than ours especially on the lines and at the CB position.

I agree. The talent gap is obvious and the coaching by Mullen and co. have done nothing to shorten the gap. Georgia came ready to play. Wish we had also.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Marco and trey dean have been poor . Grantham stinks of course , but Dans
Weak 4th down call has been a big difference .

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
I’m not sure there’s much our guys can do. Grantham isn’t smart enough and their running game is just starting to heat up. If we can’t get off the field on 3rd, its over.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
We have to stop shooting our selves in the foot. Game would look totally different If we didn’t look so disorganized on that first drive. Yes, the refs gifted them 4 points. But that wouldn’t be an issue if Grantham knew how to stop a non-FCS team from converting on 3rd down. Or if Knox could properly substitute.

Smart puts everything into this game and it’s visible from the opening snap. He’s becoming their version of SS. Look at the crowd reacting to the players at the end of Q2. We needed to stop it and this was the year. I am amazed at how they have us on our heels so far. The first drive was the killer. Never in a million years should we have given them a short field.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
There guys are just making every play they can...can tell how this game is going to end up. Their guys are stepping up and we can barely do anything routine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.