Game Thread ***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs Kentucky***

Ironhead

Defender of freedom.
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
But that’s why I say this game is important. Much like ut, this 2023 season is very much a revenge tour. I don’t expect perfection, but I do think we need to start correcting these errors. Fully agree that times are different, but I’ve always expected a huge leap this year. All the 6-7 wins talk, imo, is nonsense. If we’re there by years end, I’ll be all but convinced we have the wrong guy. My point is that hasn’t happened yet, and you are seeing glimpses of positives, specifically in the area of talent evaluation. That alone will make these games against the Mizzou’s and Uk’s of the world much different. Truthfully, Uk even played some of our more talented teams very tough before eventually our talent disparity making a play here or there. The fact is, as I’ve said repeatedly, when you are only 5-15 spots ahead of an opponent in overall talent composition, you can’t have those off games and still pull it out. It may work some of the time, but sooner or later you’ll get burned. That’s where we’ve been living, and that was my point on the logos thing. At some point, regardless of what color your jersey is, if you have talent(or don’t), that will be the deciding factor.

To touch on what Pasty and I were discussing last night in the chat, 1988 UF was losing 16-0 at home to Aub, getting beat by Memphis State and Vanderbilt, and being throttled by uga and the noles. Fast forward exactly 10 years and the defending SEC champ vols, who would go on to win it all, are storming the field because they finally beat us on an OT miracle. Quite a swing in program perception over just a decade.

Anyway, ftr, I’m not one of the 3 PM’ing Ox.
Good stuff here. I don't see a lot of disagreement between you and I.
For perspective. My First attended College Football Game was Fl/Ga 1982

So funny how the times have changed, the football has changed but, the passion has not. As one who lived through, "Wait til next year!", the current run we find ourselves in, just, not fun.
Spurrier changed our paradigm.

As for the bolded, :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

Back Alley Gator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
These types of comments are exactly the type that kept getting you canned when you were 26.
Actually the two that got me canned were:
1) Kiss my ass.
2) Laugh while you can, monkeyboy.

The latter being a quote from the great John Lithgow in his iconic performance of Lord John Worfin in Buckaroo Bansai Across the 8th Dimension.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
But that’s why I say this game is important. Much like ut, this 2023 season is very much a revenge tour. I don’t expect perfection, but I do think we need to start correcting these errors. Fully agree that times are different, but I’ve always expected a huge leap this year. All the 6-7 wins talk, imo, is nonsense. If we’re there by years end, I’ll be all but convinced we have the wrong guy. My point is that hasn’t happened yet, and you are seeing glimpses of positives, specifically in the area of talent evaluation. That alone will make these games against the Mizzou’s and Uk’s of the world much different. Truthfully, Uk even played some of our more talented teams very tough before eventually our talent disparity making a play here or there. The fact is, as I’ve said repeatedly, when you are only 5-15 spots ahead of an opponent in overall talent composition, you can’t have those off games and still pull it out. It may work some of the time, but sooner or later you’ll get burned. That’s where we’ve been living, and that was my point on the logos thing. At some point, regardless of what color your jersey is, if you have talent(or don’t), that will be the deciding factor.

To touch on what Pasty and I were discussing last night in the chat, 1988 UF was losing 16-0 at home to Aub, getting beat by Memphis State and Vanderbilt, and being throttled by uga and the noles. Fast forward exactly 10 years and the defending SEC champ vols, who would go on to win it all, are storming the field because they finally beat us on an OT miracle. Quite a swing in program perception over just a decade.

Anyway, ftr, I’m not one of the 3 PM’ing Ox.
@soflagator Agree with you on some of the points. I know the W/L record is important, but the main things I wanted to see this year was for one defensive improvement, Offense to "not kill us", and talent improvement. One glaring thing that I see is that we are more talented and disciplined than we were last year. Do we have work to do to improve, absolutely. But better than 2022. And it is coming with more youth than what we had last year. So that tells me >talent this year. It's possible with this team and the youth that we could W/L wise be worse. But right now things look better than what they were. As you point out talent is going to win out. Just can't wait to see what these guys look like in '24, '25. Especially the Defense.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Actually the two that got me canned were:
1) Kiss my ass.
2) Laugh while you can, monkeyboy.

The latter being a quote from the great John Lithgow in his iconic performance of Lord John Worfin in Buckaroo Bansai Across the 8th Dimension.
Was the guy white?

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
In this new age of College Football, with the portal and NIL, we can't really look at Spurriers 2nd season and Napiers 2nd season, apples to apples.
So your saying in year 2 that CBN should have the roster, especially defensively and O-line, that SOS had in year 2??? :dunno:

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Good Lord, Anyone that PM's the owner of this board or even a mod, asking to ban someone, is a FN Pu55y.

Ox, you gotta let people vent bro. Why so defensive?

You are falling for the Adam Schiff trick of ‘there is evidence! I have seen it! But you cant’. Ox plays this card, one of many, to :stirpot: for his entertainment. I know, because i fall for his tricks frequently. Notice, he makes no mention of the dozens of daily PMs I get from members wishing he would sell the site and just move on as people are tired of his power play bs. And yes, he can, and does, read everyones PMs, so stop sending me nudie pics of your wife.

You’re one step closer to a lifetime ban. Try making one non-defeatist post on any subject sometime.

Will this be using the same definition of “lifetime” that the memberships used? Or as we shift from summer to fall, so does your use of the term? :grin: :stirpot: :grin:

Ironhead

Defender of freedom.
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
So your saying in year 2 that CBN should have the roster, especially defensively and O-line, that SOS had in year 2??? :dunno:
Nope.
I'm saying a Great coach would make giant leaps in his second year. Especially in todays CFB with the portal.
The jury is still out but, I still see signs of the same mistakes from last year.

A great coach, the Caliber of Spurrier or Meyer , can win with lesser talent and dominate with equal or greater talent.
Nothing earth shattering here.

Spurrier, won at Duke.
Meyer at Utah.
Napier at Louisiana.

Are these coaches comparable?

As I said, the jury is still out.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Nope.
I'm saying a Great coach would make giant leaps in his second year. Especially in todays CFB with the portal.
The jury is still out but, I still see signs of the same mistakes from last year.

A great coach, the Caliber of Spurrier or Meyer , can win with lesser talent and dominate with equal or greater talent.
Nothing earth shattering here.

Spurrier, won at Duke.
Meyer at Utah.
Napier at Louisiana.

Are these coaches comparable?

As I said, the jury is still out.
CBN needs to evolve. But talent limits coaching, and the 3 rosters are not comparable,

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Yes, we're all anxious to get back closer to where we were and think we should be. But, so far, it looks like we have the potential to be ahead of where the naysayers said we would be. I'm thankful thinks are looking up.

Ironhead

Defender of freedom.
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
CBN needs to evolve. But talent limits coaching, and the 3 rosters are not comparable,
Ok, Given what we know about the Portal and NIL, exactly who's fault is it that we don't have the roster we need in year two?
Or do we?

I see huge leaps programs across the country, in year two.
Are we going to be 6-1 headed to Jacksonville?
That, would be a huge leap, IMO.

Win or lose in Jacksonville, Getting there 6-1 would be huge. The schedule isn't really daunting. Kentucky, Vandy and South Carolina.
A 8-3 Season, is a huge leap.
Finishing 2nd in the Easy would be a huge leap.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Notice, he makes no mention of the dozens of daily PMs I get from members wishing he would sell the site and just move on as people are tired of his power play bs.
Do you actually know anyone interested in buying it?

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
hqg GIF

Methinks some are too.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Do you actually know anyone interested in buying it?

Several! Though most appear to be constantly intoxicated, some are the same ones bluffing on paying a third time on memberships as their wives wont give them any money, and im pretty sure a couple are your alts but they seem really serious.

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Good Lord, Anyone that PM's the owner of this board or even a mod, asking to ban someone, is a FN Pu55y.

Ox, you gotta let people vent bro. Why so defensive?

Can you please just admit this is embarrassing, that Kentucky, is now a huge game with huge implications for the program?
A game that's in question.
Kentucky..........

We need to punk these clowns by 4 td's.
Hey @oxrageous , I've never pm'd anyone and hope I'm doing this right but I'd like to secretly ask for a few members to be let go.
If you respond to this, I'll know it was secret and I'll give you the names.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.