Game Thread ***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs Kentucky***

Gator by the Sea

Lifetime Member
Mar 9, 2017
All of our buffoon head coaches of the last 14 years have had their iconic (infamous) play or moment that defined the ineptitude of their tenure. This image will be the epitome of the Napier era.

Attachments

• IMG_0107.jpeg
    IMG_0107.jpeg
    123.3 KB · Views: 26

Mr2Bits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
All of our buffoon head coaches of the last 14 years have had their iconic (infamous) play or moment that defined the ineptitude of their tenure. This image will be the epitome of the Napier era.
In our defense, did you see how many fingers their D has?

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
What comes to mind- These personnel issues have been happening all season. Post game Kentucky, Napier lists a number of things that need to be corrected. If they haven't solved the personnel issues, which are embarrassing and revealing re his staff's abilities or organization, who would believe they can make significant progress on all the other problem areas?

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
And to add to that...we are at a schematic disadvantage on just about every play in all three phases of the game - all on the head coach.
I didn’t see a ton of scheme problems on defense. For the first time this year, our guys tackling massively reverted. Especially Scooby and Shemar. It was like different people. Mitchell continues to be atrocious and somehow might be the best we have. Perhaps Wilson should get a shot again.

I could give the defense a wtf game if they bounce back. The problem is we knew we weee out of it at 16-0 because the offense is truly at a schematic disadvantage. We ran into outnumbered fronts at least 5-7 times I could see. Each one was a disaster and relied schematically on hoping our RB would break tackles, and fast enough before other guys got off their blocks.

Also, on the punt jump play, Wingo took out the long snapper. That was a play design because we rushed behind it. It is not frequently called, but the play scheme was a personal foul.

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
Here’s my talent question…..what the hell is going on with Ole #3 Marshall? I thought he was a star and big time NFL hopeful.
We have this as a systemic problem recently for star CBs. We get their worst in each year three from Marshall this year, Marco Wilson, CJ Henderson, Vernon Hargreaves, and Kaier Elam.

Safeties don’t seem to have this taking off their draft year problem. Probably because they can’t just cost in the middle of the field with run support obligations and still hope to get drafted at all.

Saulgoodman

Sep 26, 2019
No, I’m not new here but I’m beginning to see why some many other posters give him so much grief.

I’m beginning to understand the old adage don’t argue with a fool, people might not be able to tell who is who. Maybe I should call it a night.
It's to late to call it quits now, you and him took up 2 whole pages yourself. I will forever associate you when I see a Crete post and vice-versa.

That's how you know Ox has run for the hills. He is letting the inmates run the asylum.

Saulgoodman

Sep 26, 2019
Live look at Ox today
sad black and white GIF

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Here’s my talent question…..what the hell is going on with Ole #3 Marshall? I thought he was a star and big time NFL hopeful. Is it me but he seems to have bottomed out.

And our entire DB room? What do we have…1 int all season!
This X1000
It goes back to what I've been trying to say about mis evaluations and grabbing guys that despite high rankings were actually "plan B's" for the current best teams out there. It's a lazy recruiters dream scenario to get a easy 4/5 star because the other schools on his list have already filled those position rooms.

The point is we are not a top 10-15 talent program like some keep trying to point out....we're just not. Couple that with lack of development from the current and prior staff, Karl's operational nightmare, lack of big time play calling experience and creativity, lack of motivation and you have what we see right here and now.

If we got the right guy after this season though through use of the portal, recruiting, and development of the current players we could become a playoff team within 2 or 3 years.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
According to this guy, we averaged 7 missed tackles a game prior to Kentucky. We missed 19 against KY.

Last edited:

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
It’s our big/goal line package. Works in practice but they players just didn’t execute Saturday.
It's like the big Amish guy in kingpin. "You gentiles and your 'ten frames'. We Amish do everything twice as big. It's 20 frames!"

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
We have this as a systemic problem recently for star CBs. We get their worst in each year three from Marshall this year, Marco Wilson, CJ Henderson, Vernon Hargreaves, and Kaier Elam.

Safeties don’t seem to have this taking off their draft year problem. Probably because they can’t just cost in the middle of the field with run support obligations and still hope to get drafted at all.
I hear ya but Marshall was never as good as any of those guys (except ****ty Marco). Right now he’s probably our fourth best cover guy . In over 2 seasons the only thing I can remember about Jason is getting best frequently and muffing a put at the damn 1 yard line in Nashville . He’s not a pro. Then again Marco wasn’t either and somehow got drafted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator