Game Thread ***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs Kentucky***

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Why are y’all arguing with Crete? Are y’all new here?
cat kicks self in face GIF

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Which is by & large an issue of player development (or lack thereof) by the COACHING STAFF…which is an indicator of whether the COACHING STAFF IS WORTH A SHYT. Stop being so dense.
So do you think a good coaching staff or a bad coaching staff would be better at evaluating and developing players into top talented players? I ask because these(current)players have only known bad coaching for the most part....and if that's true then they would no longer live up to the ratings that they had coming into the program simply because coaches at other schools like UK have made their players more talented than ours, right?

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
None of those situations would make this CURRENT TEAM a NC....talk about moving the goalpost....

You’re special. You literally make shyt up & when you’re called out on it and it’s put right in front of your face-your own words that show you to just randomly change your position, deny saying what you said, etc.-you just ignore it.

You literally did it again in your post I’m currently quoting. I never said Spurrier, Saban, Meyer would win the NC with this team, I said they’d be better than the 8-4/9-3 team you claimed they’d be at best.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
I know that....SOS had WAY more talent with that team

Apparently you weren’t aware that UF spent a big chunk of the mid/late 80s on probation because of Charlie Pell in the first half of the 80s and then Galen Hall in the back half of the 80s, which hurt our recruiting and our program in general (bowl ban then meant the best players typically went elsewhere). And that the Gators were rocked by a gambling scandal shortly before SOS took over. Or that the team finished 7-5 the year before his arrival. Or that in 1990 he ended up starting a QB who was 5th string the year prior and still went 9-2.

But yeah, keep telling us how much more talent SOS had on that team than this current team and that’s why he was successful as a HC.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Apparently you weren’t aware that UF spent a big chunk of the mid/late 80s on probation because of Charlie Pell in the first half of the 80s and then Galen Hall in the back half of the 80s, which hurt our recruiting and our program in general (bowl ban then meant the best players typically went elsewhere). And that the Gators were rocked by a gambling scandal shortly before SOS took over. Or that the team finished 7-5 the year before his arrival. Or that in 1990 he ended up starting a QB who was 5th string the year prior and still went 9-2.

But yeah, keep telling us how much more talent SOS had on that team than this current team and that’s why he was successful as a HC.
Wait a minute... I thought you weren't concerned about what those guys did 30 years ago...
1696131660712.png

Tunaboat

4th & 34
Lifetime Member
Nov 22, 2015

7-5 sounds pretty good right now...

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014

Oh and BTW comparatively SOS had way more talent on that team considering the strength of the overall conference today compared to back then.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
Here’s my talent question…..what the hell is going on with Ole #3 Marshall? I thought he was a star and big time NFL hopeful. Is it me but he seems to have bottomed out.

And our entire DB room? What do we have…1 int all season!

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
“We have no talent!”

Then the NFL draft rolls around and we have a bunch of draft picks (more than many of the teams we lost to that season) and a first rounder or two.

Rinse and repeat as some fans use every excuse imaginable to explain away poor coaching

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Why are y’all arguing with Crete? Are y’all new here?
cat kicks self in face GIF

No, I’m not new here but I’m beginning to see why some many other posters give him so much grief.

I’m beginning to understand the old adage don’t argue with a fool, people might not be able to tell who is who. Maybe I should call it a night.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Our son and his wife had a baby shower yesterday afternoon, for which we had to leave at noon on a nearly 2-hour drive. I saw none of it. Great timing. I wore an orange Gator shirt to the party.

I didn’t expect our front 7 to be so utterly destroyed. Receivers dropping balls, but other issues didn’t really matter when you can’t stop and you can’t run the run or protect your QB. At least that’s how the radio sounded.

Our sixth grandchild (girl) is due in December. Party was great. Hope this team learns to fight.

BeachGator

Mar 10, 2018
This is a game that doesn't deserve a write up from Cover 2. It would be best to dig a hole, toss this game in, cover it with shyt and forget it ever happened. If nothing else, it will soothe how bad we feel after getting curb stomped.

MooseSmack

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
I’m to much of a realist no matter how much I want the Gators to win. So if a gun is being held to my head. Sorry I’m not picking Sun-Belt Billy and the Gators if my life is on the line after seeing the events of the last 4 games. You have to be honest with yourself we don’t have Spurrier or Meyer we have Napier. Have you seen anything on the field that would make choose the Gators realistically. So with that being said I’ll still cheer them on and want them to win. Go Gators!

Gatormac2112

The Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
There comes a point where you can't overlook what is obvious and have to accept the notion that a certain coach won't work out. I still hold out hope that he can somehow be the guy, but that is my heart hoping for the Gators success sooner rather than later. My brain is telling me he can't bring us the success we want, not even close. Its depressing because I'm tired of the constant disappointments and feel our next hire would be more of the same. Its almost as if we are cursed, the night Timmy cried marked the moment in time we would never recover from. I'll of course cheer on our Gators, but I've given up hope that Billy can be the guy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.