Game Thread ***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs Kentucky***

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Well we've taken what 3 of their "5 star" transfers since 2019? Maybe evaluation has something to do with it? Why wasn't Cox the greatest thing since sliced bread?

Because it’s not full proof. But I assure you, if you are in the top five in recruiting every year, at this point, you will have a stout roster. Now what you do with that is a separate issue altogether.

Also, Kimber essentially won the Usf game for us last year with his pick 6. He’s not perfect by any stretch, but he started(rightly) in front of Helms, Perkins and Hill. And I’m glad we got rid of Cox. He was definitely the problem. It’s why we’ve been playing lights out(5-5) since he was booted.

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Again you're making stuff up to make it look like I'm covering for Karl...just stop with the BS...

What was Spurrier's, Meyer's and Saban;s first year records again.....??????And I guarantee you you they had MUCH more talented teams to work with than this team.
Spurrier's first year here was 9-2 (6-1 in the SEC). I'm not sure if this helps or hurts whatever point you're trying to make, I'm just helping you do research here.

Last edited:

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
No dipshyt, I said Spurrier, Meyer or Saban would win with THIS TEAM. I said nothing about their first year record as HCs 30 fcvking years ago. You’re dumber than a box of rocks.
No you said they would do better than 8-4/9-3 with this team....Try and keep up, dipsh!t
Meyer went 8-3, SOS 9-2, and Saban6-6(Bama) with teams with as much and likely more talent than this team. But they also only took one more year in Meyer's and Saban's 2nd seasons to get to 10 wins because they could coach, develop, and EVALUATE talent.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
No you said they would do better than 8-4/9-3 with this team....Try and keep up, dipsh!t
Meyer went 8-3, SOS 9-2, and Saban6-6(Bama) with teams with as much and likely more talent than this team. But they also only took one more year in Meyer's and Saban's 2nd seasons to get to 10 wins because they could coach, develop, and EVALUATE talent.

Correct. I said nothing about how they did their first year as HCs 30+ fcvking years ago. Try to keep up. Again, what does how they did as 1st year HCs have to do with how they would do coaching this team???

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Correct. I said nothing about how they did their first year as HCs 30+ fcvking years ago. Try to keep up. Again, what does how they did as 1st year HCs have to do with how they would do coaching this team???
But all of them would win 10 plus games with our current roster in their first year?

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
We've already established that....what we don't know is the true talent level until they get good coaching, right?

Look, you can sit here and try to spin it that KY, Vandy, USF, UCF, S. Carolina, etc. are just as, if not more, talented than we are. You can also try and spin it that the recruiting rankings are consistently wrong such that a perrienial 30th at best ranked recruiting class Kentucky is really a top 12 recruiting program and that a consistently top 12 ranked recruiting class Florida is really no better than 30th on average, but you’re the only fool that believes that. Ditto for Vandy at 65th and USF at 90th. Just swap them with us because the recruiting services didn’t get it right.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Look, you can sit here and try to spin it that KY, Vandy, USF, UCF, S. Carolina, etc. are just as, if not more, talented than we are. You can also try and spin it that the recruiting rankings are consistently wrong such that a perrienial 30th at best ranked recruiting class Kentucky is really a top 12 recruiting program and that a consistently top 12 ranked recruiting class Florida is really no better than 30th on average, but you’re the only fool that believes that. Ditto for Vandy at 65th and USF at 90th. Just swap them with us because the recruiting services didn’t get it right.
Recruiting services are ranking 17 year old HS players....not poorly coached CFB players, right?

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Tell us what how they did as first year HCs has to do with how they would do with this team. Stop deflecting and changing the subject. We’re waiting.
I already did...remember what set you off in the first place? This team as it stands would be a 8-4/9-3 team under a very good coach in his 1st or 2nd year.

Altitude Gator

Lurking from Altitude
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2017
Just got me. This is our Mark Richt, but with less wins. My guess is Billy Taggert's ceiling is 7 wins per year when he has all his players.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
I already did...remember what set you off in the first place? This team as it stands would be a 8-4/9-3 team under a very good coach in his 1st or 2nd year.

No you didn’t. And you never said anything about the coach being in his first or second year.

You said, quote, “In other words you could put UF's current players in the best system and with the best coaching and you're still not winning a NC....At best their probably an 8-4/9-3 type team at best which is still worlds better than we'll end up being with Karl.”

So take Spurrier at his best (1996?), Saban at his best (take your pick from a number of years between 2009 & 2020ish) and Meyer (2008?), and each of those guys would be 10-2 minimum with this team. Now get the fcvk out of here with your move the goals on the arguments bullshyt. You don’t know WTF you’re talking about.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Yes because you and others are relating the term talent to what was projected upon them before they ever set foot on campus....not 1,2 or 4 years and a million circumstances later....talent is what it is here and now...not what it was supposed to be.

Which is by & large an issue of player development (or lack thereof) by the COACHING STAFF…which is an indicator of whether the COACHING STAFF IS WORTH A SHYT. Stop being so dense.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
You said, quote, “In other words you could put UF's current players in the best system and with the best coaching and you're still not winning a NC....At best their probably an 8-4/9-3 type team at best which is still worlds better than we'll end up being with Karl.”

So take Spurrier at his best (1996?), Saban at his best (take your pick from a number of years between 2009 & 2020ish) and Meyer (2008?), and each of those guys would be 10-2 minimum with this team. Now get the fcvk out of here with your move the goals on the arguments bullshyt. You don’t know WTF you’re talking about.
None of those situations would make this CURRENT TEAM a NC....talk about moving the goalpost....

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator