Game Thread ***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs Kentucky***

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
They have to expect the run and see stopping it is their best chance to win. I wish we would open with some passes and get then on their heels. Wish..
Maybe they'll run cover 2 like Tenn did.
200.gif

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
They have to expect the run and see stopping it is their best chance to win. I wish we would open with some passes and get then on their heels. Wish..
We did open with passing vs. Ut, stretching them out horizontally throwing to Wilson. It worked. I also want them to stretch it vertically by getting Boardingham or another athletic TE down the seam for 10-15.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I noticed in both the McNeese and then the Charlotte game it appeared that we went directly to working on the vertical game. Especially knowing that we would be playing Toothless after McNesse. Many of us were going Where TF is the run game? Especially last week it was good to see Metz working the ball in the intermediate range. One thing that we didn't see was Toothless load the box as much as other teams. Perhaps is this the week we see more downfield passing?

Currently UK is ranked 61st in passing yards allowed.
Toothless ranked 36th.

It's possible that we'll see a bit more success there. We know or at least anticipate that Stoops is going to load the box and attempt to make Mertz win it with his arm. Going to have to Max Protect and work it down the field. Maybe we see Pearsall, Wilson, and .........Jean/Mizell. We know that we potentially have the speed to burn them. But have to give Mertz time to throw it.

Hopefully Sandlot and the D will keep UK in check and allow UF opportunities to get the ball and score. Perhaps our run game will open up as well. UK may be 9th overall in rush defense, but they've absolutely played nobody. So hard to get a bead on that. But we'll see. You would think if UF can push UT around we should see some success against them.

Looking for a good game Saturday.

Last edited:

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
The passing game needs to be quick routes to the playmakers. The slower developing plays are hazardous to Mertz health

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Toothless ranked 36th.

And all those games were against scrubs!

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
I noticed in both the McNeese and then the Charlotte game it appeared that we went directly to working on the vertical game. Especially knowing that we would be playing Toothless after McNesse. Many of us were going Where TF is the run game? Especially last week it was good to see Metz working the ball in the intermediate range. One thing that we didn't see was Toothless load the box as much as other teams. Perhaps is this the week we see more downfield passing?

Toothless ranked 36th.

It's possible that we'll see a bit more success there. We know or at least anticipate that Stoops is going to load the box and attempt to make Mertz win it with his arm. Going to have to Max Protect and work it down the field. Maybe we see Pearsall, Wilson, and .........Jean/Mizell. We know that we potentially have the speed to burn them. But have to give Mertz time to throw it.

Hopefully Sandlot and the D will keep UK in check and allow UF opportunities to get the ball and score. Perhaps our run game will open up as well. UK may be 9th overall in rush defense, but they've absolutely played nobody. So hard to get a bead on that. But we'll see. You would think if UF can push UT around we should see some success against them.

Looking for a good game Saturday.
I agree and if we are right, it probably means more of Montrell than we would like as I don't think they like ETN in pass pro as much.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Toothless ranked 36th.

And all those games were against scrubs!
True, but also a lot of meaningless yards racked up by the losers when the game was out of reach and the D was playing prevent.

Nevertheless, we’ve never let a poor passing defense affect our desire to run the ball. :lol:

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
We did open with passing vs. Ut, stretching them out horizontally throwing to Wilson. It worked. I also want them to stretch it vertically by getting Boardingham or another athletic TE down the seam for 10-15.
Will be nice to see. One would think Napier is ready to open it up.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@Homer J , if you ever do make it back to 1984, knowing what you know now, in addition to that $99 you throw at Nike shares, be sure to bet $10 on every Super Bowl as well. Easy four hundred.
By the time Brady makes it to the NFL, I’ll be a Millionaire and I’m betting everything on the patriots over the rams.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator