Game Thread ***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs Kentucky***

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

I’m sure that’s a good clip, but with Marty Smith in there, I just can’t. I’d rather hear Fran Drescher read a poorly written Chinese knockoff instruction manual than listen to him. Did anyone else notice him on SEC now last night? I swear the guy had on black gym leggings and these colorful pristine sneakers. Looked like a mid-40s housewife from Long Island headed to a spin class. It’s so embarrassing. I had to turn it off.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I’m sure that’s a good clip, but with Marty Smith in there, I just can’t. I’d rather hear Fran Drescher read a poorly written Chinese knockoff instruction manual than listen to him. Did anyone else notice him on SEC now last night? I swear the guy had on black gym leggings and these colorful pristine sneakers. Looked like a mid-40s housewife from Long Island headed to a spin class. It’s so embarrassing. I had to turn it off.

I agree completely.

His over the top accent was always grating on the ears but now that he’s transitioned into an ESPN woke drone he’s completely unbearable.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
It was bad and embarrassing enough posted once - please don't post cringe-worthy takes multiple times.

I'm sorry that the last two Gator wins have been so traumatizing for you. The way some of you guys handle winning these days, I would imagine you'd have to be on suicide watch if this team actually lost the game.
We've lost a lot lately. But did we die?

GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
This. Also, why tf are glorified reporters holding press conferences now?

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Seedy you live up there but clearly are not a native. Those of us who were born and raised there do not start the morning off drinking no stinkin' coffee on game days. Usually it is a bottle with a long enough neck to hold easily and usually has a name whether it be Evan, Jack, Woodford, etc.. Hell that is how even non gameday mornings start there!

no1g8r

Bringing Reason to the dumb masses
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2017
I'm not sure where (Marty - SEC Nation) is getting this Mildcat team having such a tough schedule except for being in the SEC. We all know about UF's and who they've played.
If KY had such a tough schedule, as an undefeated team they would be ranked. They’re not.

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
For this game, our "team" should be just fine. It is on the coaches.

From 2020-2023, UK has recruited exactly 3 players ranked 5.9 or higher on Rivals (1 is gone to Auburn and 1 is a freshman RB with no carries). For context, that is top 180 players this year.

In comparison, UF has 20. Certainly a decent amount have transferred (presumably because of other players being better than them and coaching change). Each team has transfer QBs for a reason and each QB transferred for a reason. No one could have been overly impressed last night with the guy who ran O'Leary out of the building.

Even at our worst, we have more talent across the board than UK and likely have 4X or more players drafted to the NFL. We should not lose this game and all of the discussion otherwise is covering for what we all fear is our weakness - the head guy on game days (he seems to be doing well everywhere else).

Maybe this is the turning point where we play to our potential and don't self restrict ourselves with game management and play calling decisions. And maybe Crete finally wins the lottery.

I think we win (again, I predicted 7-0 and think we should have beat Utah by 7+), but super uninspiring for hope for the future of being an actual contender (which, Ox, is where the bytching about wins is coming from. How do we project moving forward? Recruiting is step one, and the most important, but you still need someone to manage and show he does so in a way that maximizes our likelihood of winning against uga, lsu, bama, ut, and fsu consistently.

no1g8r

Bringing Reason to the dumb masses
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2017
Recruiting is step one, and the most important, but you still need someone to manage and show he does so in a way that maximizes our likelihood of winning against uga, lsu, bama, ut, and fsu consistently.
I used to think recruiting was most important, but having seen how bad game day coaching can be, and it’s impact on winning/losing games, I’m giving the slight edge to game day coaching as most important, but it is nearly a 1st place tie with recruiting. Great coaching can win against superior talent. Bad coaching can lose against any team, regardless of talent.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I agree completely.

His over the top accent was always grating on the ears but now that he’s transitioned into an ESPN woke drone he’s completely unbearable.

The commercial I hated the most a was the one where he and the other guy are driving, of course, in a truck, down some country road and they just keep throwing out these random phrases, like “the Swamp”, or “the grove”. Then the other would counter by saying, “sand storm”, or “the 12th man”, in total awe or each and in attempt to upstage the other as to the coolest part of SEC football. Delivered, of course, in a thick southern accent. The reality is, virtually no one that was raised in the south carries no allegiance to a particular school. They’re fans of a particular team and dislike the others. So you’ll never hear a georgia fan talking about how awesome, the war Eagle pregame thing is, or splitting the T. It’s just not the mindset. If you want to have someone more objective of these things talking about them, that’s fine. But the idea of two bumpkins driving through somewhere in the south and thinking it’s all great stuff is dumb and completely out of touch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator