Votes: 69 50.0%

• Total voters

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
@ltraz you’ve stated in the past that you believed Grantham’s defense was set up to stop spreads - not typical SEC outfits. Do you think his scheme is a good match for LSU’s offense?
Bc w sack QBs and have good corners.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
What do you for exercise? What will you do in ten years? in twenty?
No BS - I picked up road biking here in Boulder. Surprised how much I like it. Put in close to 50 miles already this week. Would go for a hundred but the temp on Thursday is 30/16 and supposed to get 3+ inches of snow :lol: Not the ideal weather for a Florida boy to go cycling.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Fat bike time. Are those still a thing?

Snow shoes? Cross country skis?
I see them around but gravel bikes are the new rage, apparently. I went for a traditional road bike and really like it. Combining it with running and rowing. Mixes it up. Refusing to go full spandex though. Lots of that here. I don’t pan on competing in the Tour de France anytime soon so I don’t see the need for expensive spandex.

Believe it or not, I see people using practice cross country skis around town. Basically skis with wheels. Its weird to watch when its 75 degrees. And snow shoes are apparently in - saw a whole mess of them at REI today.

Loogis

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
During Mullen’s press conference Monday someone mentioned there wasn’t one penalty on Florida’s defense against Auburn. Speaks to the level of a veteran squad and leadership. I think the defense shows up in a big way Saturday.

UFHealthGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 12, 2017
I can see our defense bringing down LSUs offense back to earth, but I doubt they score <25. Can our offense match that in Death Valley? I just worry this Oline of ours is already struggling, and in a hostile environment will keep committing false starts and miscommunication that will kill many drives. I also think LSU defense will show up better than it did all season against us.

Musclepug

never go full retard
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2018
We have given up 58 points in 6 games....#1 D in redzone ( without zuniuga etc) they average 55 points in 5 games ( keeping douchface in games late in blowouts) ....gonna be fun!!

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
What do you for exercise? What will you do in ten years? in twenty?

Not asked of me, but I'll share for comparison. I walk to the fridge for alcohol, and walk back to my seat for more football. Having done a good bit of beer drinking in my college days, I thought I still had it in me 30y later, so I thought I'd see how my form was. Like anyone returning to a sport after a long absence, I eased into it - usually no more than 2-3 drinks during our game, and working on endurance with the late night games from the west coast. But I'll admit, Muschamp encouraged...nay, demanded...that I step up my game and really push myself. Then came Mac, and one would think I was training at an Olympic level. A few unexpected trade-offs for this more serious take on the sport of drinking is that the swearing also increased a bit, but that was offset by blackouts. Likewise, the family didn't hang around me much during games, which can be taken as both a positive and a negative. Now, however, I have to admit I'm past my prime and do my best to either abstain or keep the drinking to only a light buzz. I'll thank CDM for that mostly, though I'll state the transition from Franks to Trask has also played a huge role in my retirement from the sport of drinking.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Not asked of me, but I'll share for comparison. I walk to the fridge for alcohol, and walk back to my seat for more football. Having done a good bit of beer drinking in my college days, I thought I still had it in me 30y later, so I thought I'd see how my form was. Like anyone returning to a sport after a long absence, I eased into it - usually no more than 2-3 drinks during our game, and working on endurance with the late night games from the west coast. But I'll admit, Muschamp encouraged...nay, demanded...that I step up my game and really push myself. Then came Mac, and one would think I was training at an Olympic level. A few unexpected trade-offs for this more serious take on the sport of drinking is that the swearing also increased a bit, but that was offset by blackouts. Likewise, the family didn't hang around me much during games, which can be taken as both a positive and a negative. Now, however, I have to admit I'm past my prime and do my best to either abstain or keep the drinking to only a light buzz. I'll thank CDM for that mostly, though I'll state the transition from Franks to Trask has also played a huge role in my retirement from the sport of drinking.
I hope you were remembering to alternate hands. Too many folks who champion this form of exercise, don't alternate regularly causing the over development of one arm. Folks who eschew this activity don't realize just how much of a workout one can get from 12oz regressive curls.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018

Neutral field I think we win this more times than not. I think our DL can really disrupt Burrow, especially after listening to his interviews this week that really shows we are in his head. Some people say he circled this date on the calendar ... others would say we are in his head. If we get to him early it could affect his game in a big way.

What I worry the most about is our O playing in that environment. Trask, as impressive and steady as he has been thus far, showing he isn't scared to take a hit while putting the ball where it needs to be, has never been in this type of environment. Our OL, who already seems to be lost in scheme and slow to their assignment, will be a a fraction of a second slower since crowd noise will take away our ability to go as a unit. People saying EJ is the answer ... whatever ... redshirt freshmen who has a limited playbook in an environment that takes away communication.

I think ST is a huge factor in this game. On a neutral field, we match up great ... but that crowd noise could kinda minimize our advantages.

Frozen Gator

Lifetime Member
Apr 26, 2016
Neutral field I think we win this more times than not. I think our DL can really disrupt Burrow, especially after listening to his interviews this week that really shows we are in his head. Some people say he circled this date on the calendar ... others would say we are in his head. If we get to him early it could affect his game in a big way.

What I worry the most about is our O playing in that environment. Trask, as impressive and steady as he has been thus far, showing he isn't scared to take a hit while putting the ball where it needs to be, has never been in this type of environment. Our OL, who already seems to be lost in scheme and slow to their assignment, will be a a fraction of a second slower since crowd noise will take away our ability to go as a unit. People saying EJ is the answer ... whatever ... redshirt freshmen who has a limited playbook in an environment that takes away communication.

I think ST is a huge factor in this game. On a neutral field, we match up great ... but that crowd noise could kinda minimize our advantages.
WE are in his head? His most important game will be against Alabama, one would think THAT game would be circled. An East Division team should be sloppy seconds to a West Division team, especially one you haven't beaten in forever. Proves he is a LOSER right there!

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
WE are in his head? His most important game will be against Alabama, one would think THAT game would be circled. An East Division team should be sloppy seconds to a West Division team, especially one you haven't beaten in forever. Proves he is a LOSER right there!

The most important game you have is most always the one right in front of you. Dont think I follow your way of thinking.

Frozen Gator

Lifetime Member
Apr 26, 2016
The most important game you have is most always the one right in front of you. Dont think I follow your way of thinking.
He has this game circled for a long time, I wasn't talking about the present so much. If I was in the the division over there I would be stewing in the off season about bama, same as we are saying **** ugly all year.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
reggie_nelson_v_alabama_courtesy_gainesv.jpg

davis_int-1200x628.jpg

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
He has this game circled for a long time, I wasn't talking about the present so much. If I was in the the division over there I would be stewing in the off season about bama, same as we are saying **** ugly all year.

I think we kinda put them behind the 8 ball and ended their season last year. And we did it by making him look bad. Of course he has this date circled. I'd expect the same from our guys if the roles reversed.

This is college, not NFL ... every single game means something. They play us every year just like they play Bama. That divisional stuff is irrelevant because in college every single game matters and the same for the SEC.

Frozen Gator

Lifetime Member
Apr 26, 2016
I think we kinda put them behind the 8 ball and ended their season last year. And we did it by making him look bad. Of course he has this date circled. I'd expect the same from our guys if the roles reversed.

This is college, not NFL ... every single game means something. They play us every year just like they play Bama. That divisional stuff is irrelevant because in college every single game matters and the same for the SEC.
I get what you are saying and I am totally concentrating on beating lsu, this week is the time to be totally focused on them.Picking out a weakness in their QB is part of that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.