• Both

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • Neither

Votes: 69 50.0%

• Total voters

Frozen Gator

Lifetime Member
Apr 26, 2016
That's the prevailing opinion, but I don't get it. This team is literally one huge road win away from being in the top 5 and having the best resume in cfb, despite significant flaws, and will be favored in every remaining game other than uga. If anything, it'll be memorable for doing a lot with a little, with that big old talent gap we like to talk about.
That is assuming we beat the Columbia twins!

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
That's the prevailing opinion, but I don't get it. This team is literally one huge road win away from being in the top 5 and having the best resume in cfb, despite significant flaws, and will be favored in every remaining game other than uga. If anything, it'll be memorable for doing a lot with a little, with that big old talent gap we like to talk about.

Our talent gap is with LSU and UGA.
That’s who we are underdogs to.
It’s as if it all makes sense some how.
We’re 10 (season) win team if all goes right. Maybe 11 if it goes even better.

Recruiting matters..... like a lot.

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
If the coach (Ray Grave?) had had confidence in Steve and kicked the extra points, we win. Of course, the gossip was that Steve and the star receiver (Casey?) only sobered up in the fourth quarter.

It's been a long time, but I seem to remember the great Rex Edmondson, at the long defunct Jax Journal, saying something about it. Rex was one of the funniest "wise-crack" writers of his day and famously said that "Spurrier would be a three point favorite at his own execution." We have a wonderful and rich tradition at UF that deserves to be preserved and trotted out for the amusement and edification of all on a regular basis. We need not bow down to anyone - and that includes LSU this weekend. Incidentally, we went to BR for a night game in 1966 expecting a donnybrook, and came back home with a 28-7 horsewhipping of the Tiggers. Listened to Otis Boggs and Ted Covington describe a thrilling and dominant Gator victory with my Dad. A lot to be grateful for there. GO Gators! Beat LSU!

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
Im not a pumper, Im not a dumper. Im a critical realist (head) who is a fanatical bandwagon fan (heart).

This wont be a memorable year. This team still has some giant holes and is nothing luke a championship team. but adding some cool quality wins sure beats getting fvkking blown out every big game while a yellow-toothed donkey stands there looking confused. and hopefully we can start adding championship talent again soon.

To this point in the season, this team is notable for their persistence and undeniable resilience. We also posses a "quite" talented defense that seems to be getting better as the season wears on. The offense is still very much a work in progress - and who we are now is not who we need to be to seriously challenge for any championships this year. I do however believe that if anyone can go to LSU and come out with a "coaching win" it is DM and staff. But the offense is clearly in a state of flux and it's hard to predict how far they can go with this OL and a QB with so little playing experience. Stay tuned.

Chaos in the LSU backfield and solid play in the secondary will hopefully keep us close. Better ball security could very well win it. If that does transpire, and we do flip one more page in the script, we will already have some reason to recall this season as one in which the rebuild really took hold and a better outlook for the future became considerably more realistic. If we can improve even a little on O (ball security!!!) and avoid crippling injuries, we might be talking about this year for some time to come. If all that happens and this year's class finishes well, we'll all feel better about 2019 - warts and all. Best case scenario, IMO, is 10-2 with win number 11 coming in post-season. I hope I'm wrong, but even if I'm not, this season could set the table for great things to come.

PCGatorAlum

Lifetime Member
Feb 1, 2017
You guys don't bet much (which is good). On the money line in this example where it is +375, you win the $375.00 on a $100 dollar bet and they return your 100 so you collect $475.00. And there is no vig paid on a ML bet, it is already factored into the odds.
OK nice to know.

Frozen Gator

Lifetime Member
Apr 26, 2016
You guys don't bet much (which is good). On the money line in this example where it is +375, you win the $375.00 on a $100 dollar bet and they return your 100 so you collect $475.00. And there is no vig paid on a ML bet, it is already factored into the odds.
You're exactly right, being in private business (and agriculture at that) all my life I always figured that was gambling enough. A few friends of mine loved to bet on college football and used a local bookie.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Our talent gap is with LSU and UGA.
That’s who we are underdogs to.
It’s as if it all makes sense some how.
We’re 10 (season) win team if all goes right. Maybe 11 if it goes even better.

Recruiting matters..... like a lot.

Worst.Haiku.Ever.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
I hope Mullen had Trask carrying a football around campus all week ala “The Program” and had the rest of the team try to force fumbles. Damn I gotta rewatch the movie soon.

Probably more to the root of the problem would be to have the OL surrounding him and protecting him as he walked around campus with that ball

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
71689587_3196228030418848_5791155673668517888_n.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member