• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Also seems kind of like an unnecessary shot at the brother. Maybe I'm just reading it the wrong way, but why not just say Jordan signed with Ucf?
well it's meant to emphasize that there's really nothing lower than Central Fl.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

What do you think about 275 pound Shuler being the guy that 340 pound OG Donaldson will be going against on many rushing plays. Donaldson doesn't move bad for a 340 pound OG either.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
57th nationally with rivals. Hardly a project.
Threw side arm and ran a middle school offense with essentially a couple of dads coaching.

Complete project. Big arm, tall, and fast, but huge project from the beginning.

LetsGoCanes

Aug 19, 2019
Lets hear it - how does Miami win this game in your opinion?
1. Make life easy for Jarren by establishing the run. As much as you guys wonder how we're going to score, 11 out of the 13 teams you faced last year were able to run for over 100 yards, and 6 for over 150 yards. Give Cam, Deejay, and Lingard hopefully the ball. Run and don't put the RS FR into too many 3rd & 7's. Enos switches his offense at every school he goes to so I'm not exactly sure if we'll see more spread looks like CMU, Pro-Style at Arky, or maybe a mixture like Locksley ran at Bama but the ball needs to be out of Jarren's hands fast.

2. Tackle well. That may sound silly but our D tends to be too aggressive at times and some players will just throw their bodies around instead of actually wrapping up. You can't do that against a team coached by Dan Mullen. Toney and Jefferson will make you pay for it.

3. Get pressure on Felipe and stop screens. Franks had the worst completion percentage of any P5 QB while under pressure. Guess which defense created the third most pressures in CFB after Clemson and Kentucky? Miami. Mullen for sure knows this and will call plays to get players into space which is why point #2 is important. The defense also has to watch out for trick plays from receivers as I've seen Mullen likes to use those as well.

4. Cause turnovers. This is probably the most important. Whether its INT's or fumbles, Diaz has to make sure we get at least two to shorten the field.

5. Control emotions and overcome adversity. We're the underdogs for a reason. Don't get discouraged because UF is up by 10 or someone fumbled the ball. The "disease" that Diaz mentioned some weeks ago was that a lot of our players would fold because the game got out of hand; see FSU and Wisconsin last year. We need to do our best to replicate the ND game.

LetsGoCanes

Aug 19, 2019
Your home games aren't even 60-40 (60% empty seats 40% fans of any team). If this game was in Miami it would be 70-30 Florida fans.
If you think it would be 70-30 in Miami you're delusional. Attendance improved immensely under Richt and we fill up the stadium anytime a big opponent comes to town. What you said doesn't take away from my original comment nonetheless.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
1. Make life easy for Jarren by establishing the run. As much as you guys wonder how we're going to score, 11 out of the 13 teams you faced last year were able to run for over 100 yards, and 6 for over 150 yards. Give Cam, Deejay, and Lingard hopefully the ball. Run and don't put the RS FR into too many 3rd & 7's. Enos switches his offense at every school he goes to so I'm not exactly sure if we'll see more spread looks like CMU, Pro-Style at Arky, or maybe a mixture like Locksley ran at Bama but the ball needs to be out of Jarren's hands fast.

2. Tackle well. That may sound silly but our D tends to be too aggressive at times and some players will just throw their bodies around instead of actually wrapping up. You can't do that against a team coached by Dan Mullen. Toney and Jefferson will make you pay for it.

3. Get pressure on Felipe and stop screens. Franks had the worst completion percentage of any P5 QB while under pressure. Guess which defense created the third most pressures in CFB after Clemson and Kentucky? Miami. Mullen for sure knows this and will call plays to get players into space which is why point #2 is important. The defense also has to watch out for trick plays from receivers as I've seen Mullen likes to use those as well.

4. Cause turnovers. This is probably the most important. Whether its INT's or fumbles, Diaz has to make sure we get at least two to shorten the field.

5. Control emotions and overcome adversity. We're the underdogs for a reason. Don't get discouraged because UF is up by 10 or someone fumbled the ball. The "disease" that Diaz mentioned some weeks ago was that a lot of our players would fold because the game got out of hand; see FSU and Wisconsin last year. We need to do our best to replicate the ND game.

I assume you mean LSU not FSU there.

The big thing you don't mention there is Miami's defense against our run game. Miami will have no chance probably if that gets rolling. I could see Franks having some issues if our running game is held in check some.

EyeDocGator

Politically Incorrect
Lifetime Member
Oct 26, 2015

Reminds me of the old World War II movie, "A Wing and a Prayer."

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
If you think it would be 70-30 in Miami you're delusional. Attendance improved immensely under Richt and we fill up the stadium anytime a big opponent comes to town. What you said doesn't take away from my original comment nonetheless.
Promise us you'll show up after your beatdown.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
I see we still don’t have a lot of Franks fans :lol:
I just watched the bowl game. Couldn't believe how inaccurate Franks was on long throws. Also, Cane observed, he was very poor when pressured. Was good on short and some intermediate passes. Ran well on designed plays. Just my opinion.

LetsGoCanes

Aug 19, 2019
I assume you mean LSU not FSU there.

The big thing you don't mention there is Miami's defense against our run game. Miami will have no chance probably if that gets rolling. I could see Franks having some issues if our running game is held in check some.

No, FSU. We were down 27-7 in the 3rd and the entire team looked to have their lives sucked out of them. If Pinckney doesn't intercept Francois we lose that game. That INT put life back into the team. LSU was just bad QB play; our defense held them in check for the most part.

If you had the same OL as last year I'd be worried but you're replacing four starters. Not to sound cocky or anything but I feel just as confident that they'll stop the run as much as you guys believe that Jarren will be on his back for most of the game.

LetsGoCanes

Aug 19, 2019
I just watched the bowl game. Couldn't believe how inaccurate Franks was on long throws. Also, Cane observed, he was very poor when pressured. Was good on short and some intermediate passes. Ran well on designed plays. Just my opinion.

Bingo. Manny's defense is tailor-made to combat a QB like Franks since it doesn't give up the big play and has speed at every level. The problem is Mullen is a great OC and will mask Frank's deficiencies :weep:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Bingo. Manny's defense is tailor-made to combat a QB like Franks since it doesn't give up the big play and has speed at every level. The problem is Mullen is a great OC and will mask Frank's deficiencies :weep:
This game will not be close. It will be obvious by the beginning of the second quarter that it's going to end very badly for an awful Canes team. Florida by 50+.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.