Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It is the first game.

W a new OC.

W a freshman QB who has been on the field about a dozen plays.

They know maybe 10-20% of the base playbook. Maybe.

LetsGoCanes

Aug 19, 2019
Richt didn’t really recruit for the spread and Enos hasn’t coached it much. Be hard to believe they’d have more than handful of spread concepts installed. Plus, didn’t Kentucky abuse the fact that we were missing our best ILB and VJ was routinely out of position?

Should be an entertaining chess match. Miami has a lot of talent but they are very raw in some critical positions. I think we’ll be fine against the defense but I’m guessing their defense causes a lot more trouble for our offense than many are predicting. Their front 7 is good by any college standard.

I don't think there's a correct way to gauge if Richt did or did not recruit for the spread. While Richt didn't necessarily run a spread, we had spread tendencies such as the RPO which was a staple, ran the offense exclusively out of shotgun, 4 and 5 WR sets, etc.

Enos ran the spread at CMU and was around Locksley when he ran the spread at Bama last year. He's called the offense that he'll be running "Spread-Coast".

LetsGoCanes

Aug 19, 2019
Same guys and DC who played Wisconsin?

And who were losing to Clown Town?

Asking for a friend.

As if a defense never allowed rushing yards. Richt literally had his foot out the door and the entire team had checked out against Wisconsin. Also keep in mind that Wisconsin has one of the better OL in CFB and Jonathan Taylor will be picked in the 1st round of next year's draft.

Clown Town had 70 yards rushing, Francois completed 50% of his passes and was sacked 6 times.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Same guys and DC who played Wisconsin?

And who were losing to Clown Town?

Asking for a friend.
How Elite Was Miami’s Defense In 2018?

I realize they had some off games but they were certainly up there in both traditional and advanced stats (advanced stats adjust for quality of opponents). Not saying they’re the second coming of any Bama defense lately but don’t cherry pick a few games and pretend it tells the whole story. I still think we have some success but it won’t be until later in the game.

LetsGoCanes

Aug 19, 2019
How Elite Was Miami’s Defense In 2018?

I realize they had some off games but they were certainly up there in both traditional and advanced stats (advanced stats adjust for quality of opponents). Not saying they’re the second coming of any Bama defense lately but don’t cherry pick a few games and pretend it tells the whole story. I still think we have some success but it won’t be until later in the game.

"The Hurricanes did that effectively in 2018 and that number is even more impressive considering how inefficient the offense was and how poor the punting game was at times, which meant the UM defense was put in a position to defend short fields. A big reason why Alabama, Clemson, and Michigan allowed fewer points than Miami this season is because their offenses are more efficient and their special teams were more consistent. "

This is why Diaz was so angry at the end of the season and a reason why I think we will eventually be successful. The defense played lights out against everyone while Richt got several three and outs with his obsolete offense putting the defense back on a now shorter field since the punter can't boot it past 30 yards. He's going to do everything in his power to get the offense near or where the defense is.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
"The Hurricanes did that effectively in 2018 and that number is even more impressive considering how inefficient the offense was and how poor the punting game was at times, which meant the UM defense was put in a position to defend short fields. A big reason why Alabama, Clemson, and Michigan allowed fewer points than Miami this season is because their offenses are more efficient and their special teams were more consistent. "

This is why Diaz was so angry at the end of the season and a reason why I think we will eventually be successful. The defense played lights out against everyone while Richt got several three and outs with his obsolete offense putting the defense back on a now shorter field since the punter can't boot it past 30 yards. He's going to do everything in his power to get the offense near or where the defense is.
We’ll see. Every defensive minded coach says that. Doesn’t work out that often.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
As if a defense never allowed rushing yards. Richt literally had his foot out the door and the entire team had checked out against Wisconsin. Also keep in mind that Wisconsin has one of the better OL in CFB and Jonathan Taylor will be picked in the 1st round of next year's draft.

Clown Town had 70 yards rushing, Francois completed 50% of his passes and was sacked 6 times.
How about mid-season when Ga Tech and BC ran all over you guys? Just out of curiosity, what was the 'Canes best win last season? Must be Pitt, right? They were the only team P-5 team you all beat with a winning record. Your only other wins were over P-5 teams who finished with losing records, mid-majors & Savannah State. For all I know you guys had a great defense last year, but who can tell with a schedule like that? The decent offenses you all faced seemed to do pretty well against you.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
I think we will miss him against the run game a little.

I'm more worried about the fact that the only interior linemen we may have available are Campbell, Shuler, and Dunlap. Everyone else is either injured or possibly suspended. Carter will move inside. But, that is thin.

Oscar the G

Nov 7, 2018
Who was responsible for calling the defense on the field for last years UK game? I gotta believe that had a lot to do with the result.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
My thought is always the same, Dooley is a gidiot.

Dooley is a gridiot.

ECiQ3LLXoAAM4n7

Those would be the "Candy Canes"

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Is that where we are most vulnerable? Inside runs?

For this game probably missing those DTs. Last season it was running the Buck's way or at Zuniga etc. It always made me wonder why those teams stopped doing it when we never really showed we could stop it consistently. Muschamp was the biggest head scratcher of all with how he refused to stick with it after getting that lead.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
The people wringing their hands about this game were the same babies wringing their hands about the FSU game. This team is maybe a hair better than FSU, with equally sh*tty coaching. Just relax, guys.

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
Babies? What about all the ppl that were overconfident about UK? Or Mizzou? I’m going to be cautiously optimistic

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator